General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SOB this sucks people need to learn how to drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOB this sucks people need to learn how to drive

this really fing sucks i was on my way to work and out of no where a new h3 hummer chages lanes into me. so i honk and swerve and hit the brakes well some how he got squirly and got more in my lane so i tried to go around him but lost it and went around in the median at 60mph the ta looks ok but she dont feel ok. it pulls to the left pretty bad it also pulls to the left hard when braking. it bent a rim and my abs light is on and the front fasha has a 4in scrape on the bottom lip and is verry visible. there is also a small tear in it. im sorry to bitch but damn. what suckks the most is that the cop that showed up said that it wasnt an accident because our cars didnt touch. his mom asked me to get an estamite and they will either cover the damages or have their insurance take care of it. from what iv dicribed how much damage is there and does anyone have any parts i need man this suck i was going to go to a car show to. thanks for listening i had to vent
Old 09-22-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Dude i friggin hear you. A damn SUV almost switched lanes right into my car..i was beeping like crazy..it was inches away before it swerved back. Scared the **** out of me. Of course it was a female
Old 09-22-2006, 08:50 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

This belongs in the General LSX Discussion...
Old 09-22-2006, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Hate it when stupid stuff like that happens due to other people's inability to drive well. I had a similar situation when I was in my TA in the left lane of a double turn lane. Some lady in a giant SUV in the next turn lane besides me decides to change from her turn lane into my turn lane in the middle of the turn/middle of the intersection. If I didnt slam on the brakes and come to a complete stop in the middle of the intersection I would either have slammed into her side or into the car sitting at the red light on the cross street.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

some kid my age 17 or 18 i almost pissed my self my poor car she was a virgin i run the ***** off of it but i never crashed nor did anyone else
Old 09-22-2006, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

i hate that ****. i mean when i took my driving test they always told me to AVOID an accident not stay right there and let them hit my ***! and when you try and avoid the accident you are the one at fault? stupid insurance companies... reminds me of the Cali laws. i would never LET someone hit my car even if it was their fault, i have pride in what i drive.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

me to man me to
Old 09-22-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The good thing here is that your ok. Sorry about the car, did you get a license plate number by any chance? That would be your best bet, then you can write a police report at least to prove to insurance you arent at fault here or are serious about the matters. Best of luck.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

yeah i had a lady run me off the road one day i was not very happy
Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by cyamaha2007
some kid my age 17 or 18 i almost pissed my self my poor car she was a virgin i run the ***** off of it but i never crashed nor did anyone else

good god use periods lol

that really blows though. And you better make sure you push that mom cause i wouldn't be surprise if she just stops answering the phone or somethin...
Old 09-23-2006, 06:07 AM
TECH Junkie

^^^ , yea periods needed. But anyways that sucks about your car man.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

That sucks man. But u should be glad if the mom does anything.

well some how he got squirly and got more in my lane "so i tried to go around him but lost it and went around in the median at 60mph"

If u told the cop that in the report ur basically admitting fault aint u? This seems like it could have all been avoided if u would have hit ur brakes and backed off a bit.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:57 AM
On The Tree

i did hit my brakes. he saw me swervered out of my lane to hard went to his sholder then overcorected and came in my lane sideways and i wasnt stoping so i avoided t boning him a 60 somthing mph and the cops know noting. he just said did ur vehicles touch and helped me bac on the rd and left.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Junkie

oops
Old 09-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyamaha2007
this really fing sucks i was on my way to work and out of no where a new h3 hummer chages lanes into me. so i honk and swerve and hit the brakes well some how he got squirly and got more in my lane so i tried to go around him but lost it and went around in the median at 60mph the ta looks ok but she dont feel ok. it pulls to the left pretty bad it also pulls to the left hard when braking. it bent a rim and my abs light is on and the front fasha has a 4in scrape on the bottom lip and is verry visible. there is also a small tear in it. im sorry to bitch but damn. what suckks the most is that the cop that showed up said that it wasnt an accident because our cars didnt touch. his mom asked me to get an estamite and they will either cover the damages or have their insurance take care of it. from what iv dicribed how much damage is there and does anyone have any parts i need man this suck i was going to go to a car show to. thanks for listening i had to vent
Scraped paint and a $80 allignment and re-flash the ECU to clear the codes.

OR

Bent unibody, damabed ABS system, messed up under-carriage....2-3K to fix

Only one way to find out...take it to a shop.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Banned

PS, my new paint job (and repaired bumper, ect) is thanks to the owner of Cowboy Electric in Humble, TX. He hit me while I was parked getting gas. His insurance REFUSED to cover it and he ended up cutting me a personal check for the avg of 3 estimates of repair that I faxed him. He did this in a timely manner, his check cleared, and he checked up to make sure it payed to fix everying. +1 to a very responsible individual!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya stupid people these days, well i never try to stay beside someone for 2 long for that reason alone. So what i do is just pass them very quickly and my open headers usually let them know im beside them..
Old 09-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Launching!

That sucks dude, hope everything gets taken care of for you.

Originally Posted by Stanger88
PS, my new paint job (and repaired bumper, ect) is thanks to the owner of Cowboy Electric in Humble, TX. He hit me while I was parked getting gas. His insurance REFUSED to cover it and he ended up cutting me a personal check for the avg of 3 estimates of repair that I faxed him. He did this in a timely manner, his check cleared, and he checked up to make sure it payed to fix everying. +1 to a very responsible individual!
Very cool, unfortunately very few people would do that nowadays. Not surprised about the insurance. After all, its not like the guy pays them to cover accidents or anything. I hope he drops them after that...I would.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CompTA
That sucks dude, hope everything gets taken care of for you.

Very cool, unfortunately very few people would do that nowadays. Not surprised about the insurance. After all, its not like the guy pays them to cover accidents or anything. I hope he drops them after that...I would.

He dropped all of his personal AND business accounts with Progressive Auto Insurance. The guy was pissed at ME when he hit me claiming I was taking too long (I went in to pre-pay, this was with the gas crunch a year or so ago and you had to pre-pay EVERYWHERE it seemed and he was mad b/c he saw me buy 2 candies (got them at the register, took me NO extra time) and that is why he claimes he floored his F250 and horse trailer into my car (trailer hit the car, he was just mad and floored it, forgetting about the trailer. Honest mistake.).

His wife talked to me after he realised just how wrong what he did was and after a bit everyone calmed down. Guy came off REALLY!!! bad at first but I will say that after he calmed down he accepted full responsibility and was apologetic and payed for everything (well, I covered the new paint mostly, b/c I wanted to change colors and the whole car didnt need it, so I payed the extra for that). At any rate, made 2 new friends and got my car repaired and if anyone is in the Humble, TX area and needs electric service, I highly recommend Cowboy Electric. He stood behind what he did 100% and made it right, THAT IS RARE!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Launching!

I was making a left turn about a week after I bought my car. Some little 16yo ******** in a 93 Mustang GT thinks it would be cool to jam on the gas and try to scare me. I heard his engine rev way up and he was coming at me fast. I stepped on the gas and as it shifted into 2nd I hit a patch of gravel and lost it. Did I nice, long, smoky 180 and slammed the passenger side into an 8" curb. Dented and scratched both rims, knocked me out of alignment, but luckily nothing else. I had the tops off so I was covered in rubber smoke. Then the kid had the ***** to roll back by and laugh. Didn't even have plates on his car! I was pissed by at least the body came out unscathed....