General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Imports

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock for stock, I give the EVO credit, considering what all it does for that low of a price.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TransAminal
He was talking about stock for stock, "out of the box" you retard. He clearly stated that, you are so caught up in your own **** that you obviously neglected to even read his post. So you say stock Civic with a motor swap runs 8.8 1/8th's. If it has a motor swap, then its not stock anymore you assclown. According to you I could swap a Supercharged LS7 into my car and claim it runs flat 10 second 1/4's stock. You must be on drugs or something

I'm bashing the k20. I think its a little riceburner garbage engine. It has no low end power, no torque, and it sounds like angry bees. Thats my opinion, you obviously have problems dealing with other people's views, too bad for you, go back to civicnation.com. I'm sure there's plenty of ricers that will agree with you there.
I do not have a problem with your opinion, but when your ignorance negates facts is when you look like a ******* tool, which you are very good at.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Anything can be made fast with money. However, you won't be winning many classes (pump gas, true street, and so on) with an import.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Heard about this thread, I appreciate all you guys who do give the imports respect that ARE NOT riced out. Same goes out to from me to you all.

Just for the haters, here was my civic before it was built.
STOCK ENGINE, 160,000 miles, 10psi, 60trim t3-to4e turbo (nothing fancy), and my turbo kit I fabbed. Stock tranny, Stock axles, stock engine, 22inch slicks.
best run to date:

I am in the near lane: listen to the slippin clutch
http://www.sporttuned.com/watch.php?v_id=555

Here is me in the 1/4 mile, same 10psi boost. This time drag radials, spinning them the **** off and wheelhopping resulting in a broken axled but still pedaled it to a 12.9, not shabby.
http://www.geektuned.com/Media/Pictu...2012.9@109.wmv
Old 10-15-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My cousin has a civic I would not mind driving one bit. A k20a2 powere eg. Badass little ************ and get 38mpg. Stock motor except for headers and a Kpro chipped ecu to get rid of the immobilizer(honda's vatts)

Damn nice car that runs 13's, good daily driver too.

But the thing I cant stand about imports and the "scene" is that they are ticket magnets and every mexican is trying to steal your **** !
Old 10-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AngryJ
I do not have a problem with your opinion, but when your ignorance negates facts is when you look like a ******* tool, which you are very good at.
Too bad you are the toolbag buddy. Someone (Starz T/A 17) said the following:

If they have the same power to weight ratio then why do they run 17-18's in the quarter mile where a stock LS1 can get high 12's low 13's outa the box?
He was talking about stock vehicles, hence the term "out of the box". So your stupid *** replies with this garbage:

Originally Posted by Angry J
They dont dumbass. Another local guy has a k20a2 swap in a 95 civic coupe and is running 8.8's in the 1/8th. That's equivalent to a high 13 second pass in the 1/4.

Again ignorance seems prevalent in this thread. To whoever was bashing the k20, you need to do some research. With a $2500 turbo setup those engines will see nearly 300fwhp because the head flows amazingly. Not to mention the blocks are fairly stout and could see 350+ whp safely. In a 2300lb car that is no joke. And as far as FWD ... I agree on that, IT SUCKS
You start talking about engine swaps as if thats a stock vehicle. You are the biggest toolshed in this thread, just shut up now before you look even dumber
Old 10-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TransAminal
Dude just go the hell away. I can't you ricers are so pathetic that you need to come on here and brag about your shitbox 4 cylinder civics like they are nice cars or something. Its a trash ricemobile, it looks like ****, sounds like ****, and people laugh at you when you drive by - get over it.

Your car also isn't streetable at all compared to a V8 of the same power. Who are you trying to fool?? Honda motors have no low end power to begin with, and adding mods like cams and exhaust just make it worse. You probably have to rev the damn thing to 3K just to take off from a ligt without stalling.
Real funny, you definitely earn the Ignorant Redneck of the day award...My Civic runs 11.50's all day long, I drive at least an hour back and forth from work sitting in traffic, etc every day. My car put down 416 whp 2 years ago when I built the engine and I drive it and beat the hell out of it every day. All I've done since I put the engine in it is change the oil and spark plugs. It pretty much idles just like stock and is quieter than 90% of the modded f-bodies out there (it still has stock cams just so you know). With all of the mods I have lost maybe 2 mpg over what I got when it was stock. Oh, and don't worry, the cars make plenty of low end power . If you ask me, that is the definition of streetable. With the exception of Nitrous cars, I can almost guarantee that my car is more streetable than pretty much any f-body making the same power.

As far as the cost of making a lot of power with Civics, I probably have around $6k worth of mods on my car including the built engine (all of the parts are pretty much the best of the best). From everyone I've ever talked to with an F-body that runs close to what mine does, they've spent a decent amount more than that by the time they paid for all of their engine upgrades plus drivetrain. Of course, nitrous is the exception, but then again, take a stock Honda b-series engine add forged rods and pistons and a clutch (less than $2000 total), spray the hell out of it and it will also run in the 11's quite reliably. I just prefer to have the power there all of the time, but that's just me.

Its all good to me.....I just like fast cars.

Just out of curiosity, what do you drive Transanimal?

Last edited by tthame1; 10-15-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Actully, a H/C/I kit will run you around 3.5K and you will run low to mid 11's with an LS1. Throw a 12 bolt in there with 4.11's or somthign like that and you have a 6K build up that runs 11.xx and is very streetable. And also, if we do some dieting on our cars and make them weigh in the neighborhood of 3000 lbs race weight, your looking at mid 10's.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
That's correct. Road racing is pretty pointless and stupid as it is, so I'll choose as I will. And if I'm going to be picky about it, I might as well pick the fights I CAN win.

I like to romp on arrogance. People with power (IE, said Viper) are not only out of my tier, but aren't exactly my "target". I have my "priorities" pretty straight I'd say.

If you need to be burned by anything to cream your pants.. I guess YOU need to get your priorities straight.
Different people, different priorities. I don't mind getting the **** kicked out of me in a race, other than the race itself there is no loss. I don't lose any dignity losing to a 500hp car. Around here you can get a racing ticket just for gunning it when nobody's around (racing against theoretical clock = racing.) so you might as well line up against somebody, win or lose. Close races > blowouts, but blowouts > nothing IMHO.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i gotta agree with tthame1. if you want to go fast for cheap hondas are the way to go. not imports necessarily but hondas. espiacally the hatchbacks. theyre extremely light and because they have half the weight they only need half the power to go as fast. and because theyre half the engine they only need half the parts when it comes to modding. which means you only have to spend half the money you would on an f-bod.
thats part of the reason theyre so popular. the cars are affordable, reliable, get good gas mileage and are cheap to make fast. now id take my f-body over a honda any day, but i wouldnt mind having a fast hatch in the garage, sometimes you have to show respect where its due, and i think some of these guys who build these fast hondas(even thought they are not my style at all) deserve a little respect.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Launching!

This tread started out being a pretty good discussion, but there has been alot of name calling and bashing of this and that. In all reality, theres always gonna be a faster car somewhere, be it import or domestic. Imports should be looked upon as another form of auto enthusiasm and not be disrespected, such as trucks, rat rods, muscle cars, etc, all different, but the same. Ive seen people **** up f bodies just like someone can **** up an import, it depends on good and bad taste. We all are into the same thing, just speak different languages. Stop bickering and calling names, and maybe we can go back to having a sensible discussion.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1Last69
This tread started out being a pretty good discussion, but there has been alot of name calling and bashing of this and that. In all reality, theres always gonna be a faster car somewhere, be it import or domestic. Imports should be looked upon as another form of auto enthusiasm and not be disrespected, such as trucks, rat rods, muscle cars, etc, all different, but the same. Ive seen people **** up f bodies just like someone can **** up an import, it depends on good and bad taste. We all are into the same thing, just speak different languages. Stop bickering and calling names, and maybe we can go back to having a sensible discussion.

I agree
Old 10-15-2006, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
Stock for stock, I give the EVO credit, considering what all it does for that low of a price.
if im not mistaking EVO's start at around 30k and go upto about 39k

what low price were you talking about?
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
NKAWTG...N

This thread sucks. Locked.

Quick Reply: Imports