General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

just bought a cobra esd 737 radar laser detector

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpat1023
I used to think radars were a waste of money and only told you that you are about to get a ticket.......then I got a radar dectector and has saved my *** repeatedly. I don't understand how people don't realize that cops are radaring other cars, not only you, so when they do that your radar goes off and you slow down and don't get a ticket.
The only time you will be completely screwed is when your speeding down the highway without a car in sight, and a cop comes over the hill and radars you before you even know it is a cop. (happened to me, 110 in a 65)
Yeah lol. My friend had that happen 2weeks ago when I was with him. We were doing 110 down the interstate, and came over a hill when the detector went off. We got down to 100, but he got us, and we didn't want to run because we were right in front of a military base and there were no exits besides that for about 6-10miles.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
Best way to get out of a ticket is to only speed at night. They cant see your plates or your car very well. If your going faster then 120 they wont even try to chase.

i pulled up next to a mustang at a light last night and no one else was around. i got up to 90 and let off cause the mustange either gave up a LONG time ago or didnt really try and i passed a cop goin the other way and he didnt even turn around to try to get me. gave me a good little scare though cause it was in a 45 mph zone. if he turned around there were a lot of places that i could have turned into and he prob would have lost me.

Quick Reply: just bought a cobra esd 737 radar laser detector