General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SS vs WS6

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS vs WS6

whats the differences b/w SLP SS and regular SS(am i right that regular SS is exactly the same as z28?)

whats the difference b/w any WS6 and regular Trans Ams?

And finally the difference b/w a SLP WS6(whatever the SLP firebird is) and a SLP SS?

Sorry for such long questions, its just that I am looking to buy an LS1 and want to know as much as I can before
Old 10-23-2006, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

The amount you'll pay for it?

Honestly, from my experiences, there's no real difference between a Z28, a Trans-Am, an SS, and a WS6 or any of the SLP variants, except appearances of course.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no model is really faster than the other. all ls1's will dyno within roughly 20hp of each other. the SLP "package" gets a few more ponies but not much. the z28 is no slower than an SS and a t/a is no slower than a WS6. this is the knida car you pick off preference.

Personally, i like the WS6 the best. awesome looks, and a nicer interior
Old 10-23-2006, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

slp ss and ss: (i am pretty sure about all this, someone correct me if i am wrong)
in 1998, chevy started making the ss in house, and not from slp. in 1999, the car was available with the y2y option, which meant that it had some of or all of the available slp options, including: embroidered floormats, plaque on the dash, different exhaust. later on the list of possible options from slp grew to include choices in the exhaust, suspension, differential, etc... you could also get an "rs" package from slp.
ws6 and trans am: (most of these differences are the same between the ss and z28)
ws6 had 17 inch rims, different suspension, hood scoops (functional ram air hood) and different spoiler (only on the camaro) obviously the badging was different.
slp ss and ws6 (i believe the "slp ws6" would be the firehawk.
honestly, i am not too sure, i would think that they are about the same. obviously you could get a slp camaro ss with 345hp and i believe the same was available on the firehawk.
well i hope that helps some.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 PM
NKAWTG...N

Search. Topic has been covered 10x over.