General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Gotta love when this happens...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love when this happens...

Your stopped at a large 4-way intersection. The traffic is light since it is mid-morning. The light turns green and you begin to depress the accelerator. You tell yourself there is no need to bring the rpms above 2500. Just drive like a normal person. You muster up some self control and slowly increase your speed along with the rest of the the traffic. You listen to the purr of your full exhaust LS1 as the rpms rise. You look to your left and see two 19 year old blondes driving next to you. To your right is some loud-*** truck. Your speed reaches 25mph. Oh know, its the sweet spot! You just can't help yourself; Oh ****, you just floored it, she kicked down perfectly and you hooked like never before. And to think, all for the shear enjoyment. You weren't racing anybody, and both blondes were a little chunky, you just couldn't help it.

WhooWhooErrErr...Damnit! No way it happened again. Just as you let off at around 70mph (in a 40) a cop has pulled in right behind you. You curse yourself for not checking the side street before pulling your little stunt. So you pull over and shut-er-down. You rack your brain for some way to get out of this one, but you know there's not a chance (in hell).

The cop walks up and to your surprise doesn't ask for your license and insurance, but does ask the classic question: "have any idea why I stopped you?". You tell yourself, please, don't be a smartass and then reply, "I think I could take a guess at it." Damnit! But the cop doesn't notice your dumbass remark and continues, "why don't you take a shot in the dark." "Excessive acceleration??". "Well now we are calling it drag racing and you could go to jail for 6 months for such an offense." The cop continues to lecture...but as he rambles you realize that this is a glorious day, because you are getting off with a warning! Hell Yea!

(my experience earlier today)
Old 11-25-2006, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHA i loved the story man! glad to hear you got off with just a warning! hey sometimes us LS1'ers have to let her loose to remind us of all that power that we contain... i like the rush i get...nothing compares!
Old 11-25-2006, 04:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ahh yes! Been there done that just last Friday as I was getting off work on my way home. The traffic was perfect and I was in and out of the throttle as I got to my exit and was pulled over by a trooper. All he said was nice car and try to be careful around the holiday traffic! Then I was leaving the house to go hunting the very next morning and was on a back road where there is no traffic and I was actually not doing anything crazy but there is no way I can drive 35 no matter what car I am in and I got busted by a sherriff. You win some you lose some!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

good story. And you told it so well!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

That exact same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago I thought I was fucked but the cop let me off with a verbal warning because of my clean record.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea i have seen thhe same thing happen to a mustang going the other way.
I was the first car going south and the mustang going north and he was stairing me down bad. The light changes and i take off nice and smooth and mustang takes off like he's at the track. I smile like this because orlando police is right behind him. The lights go on and looking in my mirror and see him get pulled over. I dont know if he got a ticket or not but here in orlando there is a high percent he did.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 590 Likes on 468 Posts

Sounds like my story. I just got done installing the loudmouth exhaust on my car and I wanted to run it through the gears to see how it sounded, so I drove through town to the south end where the speed limit is 55mph and traffic is a lot lighter. I pull into a Ford dealership and do a U-turn and pull out, no cars are in sight so I punch it and start rowing gears. I get right to the top of 3rd gear and realize there's a state trooper flying up behind me with his lights on. I'm pretty sure I was doing close to 90MPH when I saw him. I slammed on my brakes and pulled over onto the first sidestreet I came to and when he came up to the car, I just was flat out honest with him. Told him I had just put the exhaust on and really wanted to hear what it sounded like so I drove out to run it through the gears. He was totally cool about it, asked me about my car and where I got it, complimented me on it and just said "If you want to run it through the gears next time, just do it on a freeway on ramp". What a cool cop.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:38 AM
Launching!

lol, i know what you mean about not being able to help yourself. running through the gears of a cam'd/full exaust LS1 is like having sex..... but better. especially when that exaust is a GMMG, lol.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Teching In

i got pulled ova twice in a month and got 2 tickets!! one for exessive accleration and another for speeding...no warnings down here!!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:18 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Nice to know I'm not the only one with a self-control problem while driving the car.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never been pulled over yet, the cops are all dicks around here, so if you do get pulled over you get a ticket.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

open highways get me into trouble!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Why does this never happen to me .

All 4 times I've been pulled over for speeding I've gotten tickets. But I havn't been pulled over in the camaro yet. And I'm hoping to keep it that way.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slw ls1
Why does this never happen to me .

All 4 times I've been pulled over for speeding I've gotten tickets. But I havn't been pulled over in the camaro yet. And I'm hoping to keep it that way.
It takes experience! I didn't get a warning until the 6th time I got pulled over. The last 3 times I have been pulled over: 2 warnings, 1 ticket.
**knocks on glass to save his *****
Old 11-25-2006, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

I got pulled over my second time doin 70 in a 45 thought I was getting a ticket for sure but by some act of god got off with a warning,the first one was for a seatbelt i seem to never rember to were it cost me 20 bucks
Old 11-25-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the only ticket i have ever gotten was for doing 110 in a 65...that **** was so exspensive!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Damnit, I really didn't want to start a 'lets brag about speeding tickets' thread. But I guess they pop up about once a month anyways, so this thread mise well be this month's...
worst I've ever been given a citation for was 66 in a 40...I know, only 26 over, not much, but I can guaruntee(sp?) I have the most tickets in the shortest amount of time! ...I mean
Old 11-25-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well IF there was a contest for the most tickets....im almost positive you would win!
Old 11-25-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

haha you posted before I edited mine, but yes, I think you are correct

Although, I can't compete with your 110 in a 65, haha, I still can't believe that cop waited so long to pull you over, I could have sworn we were ok...
Old 11-25-2006, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 590 Likes on 468 Posts

153 in a 70. The cop DIDN'T ticket me because he was amazed I stopped for him. Driving a '95 9C1 with a 430 HP Aluminum headed LT1. Same situation. Told him straight up what I was doing. Testing out top speed. Since I did it at 3 am, he gave me a warning not to do it again and sent me on my way. Those were the only two times I have gotten out of tickets. Every other time I got screwed. My license was suspended for 7 years once. Within 3 months after I got my license I got 31 points on it. In Michigan, you are supposed to go to a driver improvement class after you get 6 points on your license and it's supposed to be suspended after 12. I had so many tickets in such a short period that they didn't even have a chance to suspend me. When they found out though, there it went!