General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My LS1 died (oops)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am still scared they will not find anything wrong with it and the issue will forever be there Thats what worries me the most.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

It may take some time, but if the issue is happening as often as you make it sound, they WILL find it. Just be a little patient.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

Got the news, they have no idea, fuel pressure test is fine and all the scans are good. Looks like random dying is just the way my car will be. Welcome to the GM family.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Banned

Oh, from a legal standpoint...if this car dies while im merging with traffic and I get totalled (assuming I live) can I sue GM for it? (I mean, I know I COULD, but would I get anywhere is what I am saying)
Old 11-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
It may take some time, but if the issue is happening as often as you make it sound, they WILL find it. Just be a little patient.

It did it twice within 5 minutes and thats all its ever done it. No codes thrown, and no lights came one. It happened just after the German Castrol oil change, but I will refrain from blaming that, lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you took it to gm they said that they couldnt find anything wrong with it.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Whats wrong with the S2K? Also, how is it "girly"? Is the lotus Elise "girly" too? I mean, it has 50hp less and is even smaller and all that.
I wouldnt consider the S2K 'girly', but its isnt really "masculine" like a Viper or something.
The Elise is a purpose built track car, you have to option for radio and A/C, that certainly isnt girly. And it weighs 1000lbs roughly less than an S2K, and doesnt have to rev to 8000+RPMs to make usable power.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I will check the MAF and clean it reguardless after GM pulls all the codes and hands the car back. My radio was still playing as I rolled down the street powerless. I doubt its battery related therefore.
Yeah definetly not battery then, my radio kept cutting out, and then everything just died. Maybe the plugs then...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ls1Bait
So you took it to gm they said that they couldnt find anything wrong with it.
The IAC was bad, but I thought so anyways. I will replace it this afternoon. I doubt thats randomly killing my car at 40mph though, what do you guys think?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the news, they have no idea, fuel pressure test is fine and all the scans are good. Looks like random dying is just the way my car will be. Welcome to the GM family.

Wait so they gave you your car back with it still dying on you???? Dude seriously dont drive it and call GM customer service as you should not have to deal with that crap. Stay on their asses till they fix it or try to have them buy it back from you if they cannot find the problem. It happened with my sister's boyfriend and his 02 blazer. Thing kept having electrical issues that led to a blown motor (SES light came on and instead of fixing the issue which was a faulty oil pump and an eletrical problem they simply deleted the code...) and we both bitched at them till they finally bought it back. I would certainly call GM customer service and file a complaint to see what they will do.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Wait so they gave you your car back with it still dying on you???? Dude seriously dont drive it and call GM customer service as you should not have to deal with that crap. Stay on their asses till they fix it or try to have them buy it back from you if they cannot find the problem. It happened with my sister's boyfriend and his 02 blazer. Thing kept having electrical issues that led to a blown motor (SES light came on and instead of fixing the issue which was a faulty oil pump and an eletrical problem they simply deleted the code...) and we both bitched at them till they finally bought it back. I would certainly call GM customer service and file a complaint to see what they will do.

They cant fix what they cant find man, its not them refusing, its them not being ABLE to find the problem. They are more than willing to replace part after part, but without a basis for it im not having them do that, thats $$$$$$.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

PS, they have bent over backwards to cut my cost and help me out at Chevyland.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Banned

Pss. There Is No Code Or Ses Light!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy local is pushing 450 whp out of a RSX without any driveline issues so far (months) and I dont think the type of car you drive determines your manlyness, lol if it does, you are in serious trouble.

I have not checked on the MAF, TB, bit if they were bad off enough to instantly kill my car at random im sure it would be doing funny stuff ALL the time.
Sounds like someone is either misinformed or on some serious drugs. Use some common sense my friend, look at the size of the transmission, clutch, and CV axles. There's no way any of them will reliably take 450WHP. Not even close to that amount of power. RSX's have transmission syncho issues with stock power (grinding gears, trannies blowing out) so I can't imagine that trans with 450WHP going through it. Not to mention 450WHP out of Honda motor must mean he's got the whole motor rebuilt and is pushing some serious boost, so leaving the entire drivetrain stock would be foolish.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Banned

He claims its stock. I dont know whether it is or whether he claimed he has new CV axles or not. If you dont want to use the RSX as an example, use the SRT4, they can and do take those numbers with a stock driveline (my friend blew 4th gear, repaired it, and went on ) (oh, he does have a 6- puck clutch)

Quick Reply: My LS1 died (oops)