General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1 ran a 14.00??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow,,,that Brandon guy a few posts up quoted the first post, but did nt read it, then ripped on the guy for what he thought he read,,,,, you gotta love the internet.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1st run in an M6 was a 17+ sec pass. I tried to slip the clutch and fried it. Let it cool down and had it down to a 13.2 that same night. Best was a 12.9 same mods with that car, always trapped 107.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

i ran a 14.2-14.5 the first time i went to the track. no biggie. actualy a litle problem with my gearbox made my shifts realy slow, and also i need to work on my launch tech.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
wow,,,that Brandon guy a few posts up quoted the first post, but did nt read it, then ripped on the guy for what he thought he read,,,,, you gotta love the internet.
"well he left not to bad of a launch but when finished it said he only ran a 14.0? i was like WTF. All my friends laughed at me bc i have a ta also it made me feel so bad just thought i would share how this dumbass made all of us look bad especially in an M6. "

where did I not read his post? he called a guy a dumb *** for running a bad time. This could have been teh guys first time, somethign wrong with the car..ect. why make fun of him? Do you go to the track and laugh at the people who have problems? or do you try to help them?

so what did i miss?

Originally Posted by bjamick
well im just saying i dunno how he screwed up bc his launch was actually alright. my 1st time at the track in my ls1 was in the 1/8 and that was an 8.74 and it's an A4.
what were his 60fts for the runs? Just seems like your ripping on the guy for no reason. If his launch was good, then his car is fucked up, why make fun of him. If his launch is crappy, he is trying to learn, why don't you go give him advice on how to launch.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

oh hell no,,,im ususally the one having problems.,,,no laughing here. I think i see what your saying, my bad dude.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

yeah, i know,,,still hooked on Phonics
Launching!

Its also amazing what little things can screw up a run. I have to launch with my right foot on the brake and the toe on the gas because my car edges forward ever so slightly when its in gear even with the clutch all the way in. Worn out old master cylinder.

And track conditions are huge too. If its hot out and you're at altatude you can pretty much bet your not going to run what every pro-stock online driver says you will. I dont know if anyone is or ever has been near Bandimere in Colorado, but I grew up over there and its like 5800FT elevation, and the DAs can be even worse than that. You wont see many bone stock anythings running 13.3. Mustangs are high 14s/low 15s all day.
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
oh hell no,,,im ususally the one having problems.,,,no laughing here. I think i see what your saying, my bad dude.
no problem, just making a point, when i go to the track, i try to help people, not make fun of them cause i remember my frist time out and running shitty. Then thinking I was a bad driver, then i would think what it would have been like to have this guy in the stand pointing and laughing at me.
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well im just saying that a 14 sec pass is not anywhere near good. As you can see almost all the f-bodies on here run in the 13's completely stock. I didn't laugh at the guy i just said he needs to learn how to drive or something. Oh and BTW it was cold to that night i mean like prob in the 40's so seems like that would help out quite a bit. But ya even some of the lil hatchbacks were running 14's..
Old 11-27-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They didn't have the tree turned on yet my very first run at the track, but I beat an Evo by about a car, and we saw him run consistent 13.4's & 13.5's the whole night, so I think my first run was probably about a 13.3 maybe a 13.2. I wish I knew for sure though, cuz the rest of the night I sucked it up. My best run after that was a 14.0, and what would have been my best run of the night judging by my lunch got screwed up cuz I burned my clutch on the burnout and launch, so it slipped the whole way down the track. I was very dissapointed in my driving, but I guess I just need more practice, and a 12-bolt. haha.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bjamick
well im just saying that a 14 sec pass is not anywhere near good. As you can see almost all the f-bodies on here run in the 13's completely stock. I didn't laugh at the guy i just said he needs to learn how to drive or something. Oh and BTW it was cold to that night i mean like prob in the 40's so seems like that would help out quite a bit. But ya even some of the lil hatchbacks were running 14's..
Yeah, every fbody runs 13s stock, but what about the DRIVER'S first time out? As you've probably read, most first time out people are hitting 14s or slower. I jsut think its a little immature to judge unless your in his shoes. last time i went to the track a guy in a bone stock 98 z28 was running high 14s, did i judge him, no i went up and asked what he was doing. Foudn out he was leaving the line off idle, and shifting at 5k(on the stock tach in 1st gear that is probably below 5k because the tach is slow). I told him how to launch it differently and to shift a little higher, specially 1st because of the slow tach, by the end of the night he as running low 13s.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
NKAWTG...N

Everyone has bad runs. I've run a 15.XX in my car before. Granted I aborted the run, but it happens. So who cares?