General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Most Hp With Out Of An 06 Vette W/o Killing The Warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Most Hp With Out Of An 06 Vette W/o Killing The Warrenty

Like the title says, how much power and what can you get away without voiding the warrenty? Assuming the work was done at a dealer. Are their any blowers or mods they will let you get away with? I am sure if it's another GM part they would be cool doing it right? Like a set of L92 heads and intake? What about GM cams, do they have anything big enough to add real grunt to an LS2 with L92 heads? Any ideas welcome.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

First, NEVER EVER let a stealershit do work on your car. It is full of inexperienced mechanics and managers with bad attitudes. Second if you change one piece on your car other than stock, the factory warranty is technically voided. Basically if you mod anymore than basic exhaust and intake parts you are really taking your chances. If you do mod you car heavily, most speed shops will warrenty their work for a year or two.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

They will warrenty their work but when your radio goes out your screwed. I don't personally trust dealers either but my buddy is looking to get some more power already and he needs his warranty.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Any one?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're right. If he puts anything other than stock parts on the car it pretty much voids the warranty. It doesn't have anything to do with the power the car is making, but instead with the actual parts that are on the car. The reason they can do it this way is if you come in with your warrantied car, but have put performance parts on your car, 1) they have not warrantied the car with those parts on it and so won't cover it with those parts, and 2) they can "technically" say that you put parts on the car that the car can't handle as well as stock parts, and these mods caused other parts on your car to fail. We know that isn't neccesarily true, but it can be true and is in some cases, so they don't have to honor the warranty.

Good thing in my area is that the shop I always use is a GM certified extended warranty shop, so they can do any extended warranty work as long as they put on aftermarket parts. Works very well in my favor.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:05 PM
NKAWTG...N

Anything that breaks because of a modification is not warrentied. So if you put an aftermarket exhaust on the car, then your factory cats go, they probably wont warrenty it. If you put an aftermarket shifter in and your trany goes, same thing. Basically your not gonna get anything warrentied if you start moding.