General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How to make special line of modded Fbodies?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to make special line of modded Fbodies?

My friend and I were doing some sketching of cool ideas for aftermarket special edtion fbodies (like Berger SS, Black Birds, Z29 and etc). We don't have a shop, but got a good ideas of what performace parts to use and etc, but how would we go about getting aftermarket edtion marketed? I think everyone here would like to see an 2010 Ls1tech Camaro
Old 12-01-2006, 08:02 PM
NKAWTG...N

I highly highly doubt you will be able to. GM's *** is puckered so tight on royalties and copy rights that if you shoved coal up there they could **** out diamonds.

MAYBE, if you had a large dealership you could do something like that (and the Z29 is fake, just a badge and not recognized by GM). Otherwise your only other chance is to try to buy out SLP or GMMG (good luck).
Old 12-01-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

the closest you could come to that is making a f-body club and modding them all the same
Old 12-01-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Otherwise your only other chance is to try to buy out SLP or GMMG (good luck).
go to GMMG and tell them you bought a catback for full price, and demand a job or stock

you could try and do that copyright/design thing thats on tv and publish your designs as your own, but GM would be on your *** with that unless you get on yer knees and do the deed
Old 12-01-2006, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

I think that the Black Berger Panel is becoming a little popular. Me and a couple of my friends have it, but not too many around here. Most of the cars that actually have something done to them get it done.
I have a Stripper model with roll-up Windows, and manual Locks with the basic options, no AC, fabric Seats, no back seats or seat belts there. I was thinking of getting a badge that read: Z28/R, because it is basically a race car..