General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What better things do cops have to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What better things do cops have to do

I was sitting up in this parking lot tonight with about 15 other nice cars most of them without front tags. I was the only one in the parking lot taht wasnt in my car revving the **** out of it. And guess who shows up. A cop.

So after all the rice burners got done doing there revving ****. two deisel truck come flying down the parking lot the cops does nothing. i go to leave because i was cold and bored because the only other nice car there was a turbo van and a z28.

As i leave the cop gets behind me not even paying attention to all the other cars with out frong tags. I get out on the road the cop flys infront of me cutting me off then gets back over and waits till i was right about to turn into my neighboorhood and pulls me over. blah blah blah he talks all cool thinking he is the **** he might actually make his quota tonight. HE GIVES ME A 60 dollar fine. Wtf . my exuse is that it didnt come with one.

Some body please give me a good idea to mount my front tag i like my ss grille to much to put a tag braket on it??
Old 12-08-2006, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put it underneath the front bumper
Old 12-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will have to have a front tag too. My car was already a TX car so I dont have the "bird" on the front anyways, time for one of those clear cover thingys in the shape of one I guess. As to the SS, a lot of ppl just throw em' on the dash.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Yeah bolt it onto the air flap thing under the car.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
I will have to have a front tag too. My car was already a TX car so I dont have the "bird" on the front anyways, time for one of those clear cover thingys in the shape of one I guess. As to the SS, a lot of ppl just throw em' on the dash.
In almost every state thats illeagl. If your required to have a front plate it has to be phyiscally on the front bumper. I tried that with my talon and still got pulled over and the cop told me exactly that. I've also gotta find a way to mount my front plate cause my car has the SS SLP grille and I really don't want to take that off.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

put it on your dash or under your seat. no front plate is illegal here too but im going on 5 years with out a problem and ive gotten my licsense suspended twice already for speeding tickets but never a ticket for no front plate, some times il get some flack for it but the only time its really an issue is at inspection time, but Il just take some 3M dbl sided mounting tape and stick it on and thats good enough for the shop i bring it too
Old 12-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Teching In

move. No front plates here in OK
Old 12-09-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Put it either on the air deflector under the car or slide it up under your windshield.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Guess it all depends on how much the money is worth to you, and how often you get pulled over. Say you get a ticket for it once or twice a year, that's $60-120. In my world, that kind of money isn't even worth thinking about when it comes to having my car the way I want it. If I had the SS grille, it'd just keep paying the fines. Guess it also depends on how many other things are illegal about your car. If there's a lot of stuff, then it's best to NOT give them a reason to pull you over, but if all else is legal but the lack of a front plate, I really wouldn't worry about that minor of a ticket. Not like it'll effect your insurance or anything.

On my current Camaro, it's got the stock grille and the previous owner installed the stock plate bracket so I just use the plate since the holes were there anyway, plus I really don't mind how it looks with the stock grille. On my Trans Am though, I hated the way the front plate looked so I just left it off. Only got hassled for it one time, and I told the cop to just go ahead and give me the ticket because I really had no intention of ever installing a front plate. Funny thing is, he only gave me a warning and said to at least keep the plate in the car. I didn't even bother doing that though.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Here in Indiana, we don't need front tags, but as far as being illegal to put them in the window, it totaly epens on the cop pulling you over. Legally, as long as it's visible from a passing/following vehicle it's fine. -BUT- if the cop wants to be an @$$hole all he has to say is "Well, I sure couldn't read it" then it all goes out the window. EX- my trucks liscence lights didn't work, and there had been a few buddies of mine get there plates stolen so I stuck mine in my back window. Got pulled over becuase it fell down behin the seat. Cop told me it was no problem, just wrote me a warning since he' already pulled me over. Used some two sided tape an she's been hanging in there through all the mud, ruts, and air I've cuaght
Old 12-09-2006, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

you can always get this HERE
Old 12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i hate having a front plate. i want an SS grille without that crappy looking plate under it.

hopefully i'll be in FL. soon.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

front plates are

Blame the democrats
Old 12-09-2006, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah there is no front plate law in KY either. If there ever is, I will take my chances and leave it off, cause they look like *** and it just ruins the look of the car IMHO. Sorry about your shitty luck man...
Old 12-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Teching In

zip tie it on for the citation and take it right back off
Old 12-09-2006, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
front plates are

Blame the democrats
Well put.