General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need everbody to read this

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sue them.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should talk to a Lawyer.
Originally Posted by Transam 98
OK i'll just tell you what happened and give me your advise on what i can do.

On the 23rd of sept i took the T/A to get some tires at pep boys. well when i was in the office waiting i noticed that they were lifting it by the side skirts. I immediatly got a manager so that we could go look at the car while it was on the lift. while it was on the lift the manager and i noticed that the side skirts were pushed out and some of the clips were broken. when they lowered it he informed me to pull it out of the bay and pull it around front. well when i went to go get in it the bottom of the door caught a bit. i pulled it around from and the manager stated yeah that damaged, just get me 3 estamites on the damage. well I ( of course ) went to the dealership and had them look at it and they stated that the way they lfted the car that they broke more than 75% of the clips on the sideskirts and would have to replace the side skirts due to that they could not reattach the clips due to the way they were broken off. they also noticed that the front fenders were pushed up and causing the bottom portion of the fender to catch the doors. on the drivers side it actually caught the door skin enough to pull a bit of the door skin off. well from 3 different places they ALL stated the same thing and the damaged on the estimates were around 2800$. well i submited the estimates to the proper management at pep boys and he stated that he will have it submited. well about a month went by and i wanted to drive the T/a with out having to get in and out of it like a damn race car. So I took it to david at Dealers and he realigned the front fenders and fixed as much as he could on the side skirts so that they weren't flapping around. so on the nov 18th i called pep boys about the claim and they stated that there was NEVER one filed. so i went back to the store and talk to the manager and he submited it and wanted to look at the damage. i truthfully told him that i had some work already done to the car so that i could drive it. so he noticed that the pinch weld were bent and he took some pics and said that he will submit the claim. well the ins called me and took the recorded statement and said they would send me a letter. i have now recieved the letter stating that they DENIED the claim due to their through investigation. I called on Mon. and asked about why and the rep. stated that she looked at the noted and all it stated that it was denied by their dis manager and didn't know anything else. i asked for the rep that worked on the case and she stated that she was away from their desk and that she would leave a message and that i would be called back in 24hrs. well it was wed. and i called back and i get the same run around and here it is Sat. and no call back.

What should i do?????????

and if you have had damage done by them and they screwed you on it tell me about it so that i can build something up for the local new stations. email me them]

slammed_91mazda@***.net

Thanks
Old 02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Teching In

already did, already sued I won. now waiting for money and a new job.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear yur getting your money. i heard some fucked up stories dude. i heard bout a guy that went to pep boys for an oil change and they drained out all the oil, but never put oil back in..and the guy drove off..fucked up huh!!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Veteran

that's bullshit..i had the "samething" happen to me but with my window. i was at NTB and i see one of the workers drive out of the garage. 3 minutes pass and he still wasnt out front. So i go to the side of the store and he was no where. i was so pissed because he was driving my car around. 5 minutes later he shows up and than has the nerve to rev my engine at a fellow co worker. I was ******* about to explode. Than he tries rolling up my window. And you know what happens it stops half way up and than he grabs my window and forces it up. So i run up to him and tell him what the hell was he doing and he says "dont worry i have a firebird", WOW!!! Make story short he ruined my motor and loosened up the window aligner thingy and i called the manager and they never called me back!!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Teching In

As a mechanic myself, I find stories about hacks like pep boys and that "new guy" at the dealership that they give the oil changes and tires too, to be disappointing. I spent a lot of money on training, and take pride in my work. It gives mechanics a bad name when stuff like that happens. Something like what happened to you was just careless and ignorance. However accidents do happen, especially when the shops busy and rushing around. Although I haven't done it myself(knock on wood), leaving a drain plug loose or forgetting the oil cap, does happen. But the person responsible should fess up and the shop should take care of any damages immediately. I've seen a variety of accidents/mistakes and I'm sure I'll see more...
Old 02-18-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't let PepBoys clean my windows.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wont even drive near the pepboys shop. Dont want to upset the vehicles. Only thing that place is good for is dumping oil. The shops dirty and the people there look less than capable and uncaring.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had my transmission flushed at Pep-Boys once and they chipped my hood...

I mean WTF Pep-Boys.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call your lawyer. Don't even waste your time with them, fork over a couple bills and get the lawyer to fix this issue.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-18-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Call your lawyer. Don't even waste your time with them, fork over a couple bills and get the lawyer to fix this issue.
Either your comprehension skills suck or you didn't read the thread and just replied. He posted already that he sued and won.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackfang
Either your comprehension skills suck or you didn't read the thread and just replied. He posted already that he sued and won.
+1, I just read the first post. sorry.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
Sue them.
He already won...
Old 03-16-2007, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

I think everyone that reads this takes pride in knowing you won. Congrats man. Also good to know that actually following through and going through the legal system will actually work. Like many said, the quality of work now a days is sometime not what we would like it to be. Some take pride in their cars, some really like to take pride in other things. But sometimes with the fast paced life, people just get insensative to it. Good to know all this. You'll be helping someone who reads this one day.

Quick Reply: need everbody to read this