General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

need everbody to read this

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need everbody to read this *** UPDATED***

OK i'll just tell you what happened and give me your advise on what i can do.

On the 23rd of sept i took the T/A to get some tires at pep boys. well when i was in the office waiting i noticed that they were lifting it by the side skirts. I immediatly got a manager so that we could go look at the car while it was on the lift. while it was on the lift the manager and i noticed that the side skirts were pushed out and some of the clips were broken. when they lowered it he informed me to pull it out of the bay and pull it around front. well when i went to go get in it the bottom of the door caught a bit. i pulled it around from and the manager stated yeah that damaged, just get me 3 estamites on the damage. well I ( of course ) went to the dealership and had them look at it and they stated that the way they lfted the car that they broke more than 75% of the clips on the sideskirts and would have to replace the side skirts due to that they could not reattach the clips due to the way they were broken off. they also noticed that the front fenders were pushed up and causing the bottom portion of the fender to catch the doors. on the drivers side it actually caught the door skin enough to pull a bit of the door skin off. well from 3 different places they ALL stated the same thing and the damaged on the estimates were around 2800$. well i submited the estimates to the proper management at pep boys and he stated that he will have it submited. well about a month went by and i wanted to drive the T/a with out having to get in and out of it like a damn race car. So I took it to david at Dealers and he realigned the front fenders and fixed as much as he could on the side skirts so that they weren't flapping around. so on the nov 18th i called pep boys about the claim and they stated that there was NEVER one filed. so i went back to the store and talk to the manager and he submited it and wanted to look at the damage. i truthfully told him that i had some work already done to the car so that i could drive it. so he noticed that the pinch weld were bent and he took some pics and said that he will submit the claim. well the ins called me and took the recorded statement and said they would send me a letter. i have now recieved the letter stating that they DENIED the claim due to their through investigation. I called on Mon. and asked about why and the rep. stated that she looked at the noted and all it stated that it was denied by their dis manager and didn't know anything else. i asked for the rep that worked on the case and she stated that she was away from their desk and that she would leave a message and that i would be called back in 24hrs. well it was wed. and i called back and i get the same run around and here it is Sat. and no call back.

What should i do?????????

and if you have had damage done by them and they screwed you on it tell me about it so that i can build something up for the local new stations. email me them]

slammed_91mazda@***.net

Thanks

Last edited by Transam 98; 02-12-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF, I would be sooo pissed
Old 12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

That's why it's so important to tell them how the car should be raised. Even if they get upset that you're insulting their intelligence, at least you've told them how to do it properly. Ask that they let you watch them prepare it to be lifted. If they refuse for liability reasons, then maybe they're not the type of place you want to be working on your car.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

That really sucks that they're being so gay about it. I don't know much about this type of stuff, but would the better business bureau be able to take care of it?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Teching In

calling them on mon. and i just email 3 new stations in the area. And the funny thing is that i did tell them that they need to make sure that it was lifted properly.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats why my car has never been on a lift,when it gets inspected i bring it to a local shop that has a drive on lift.when i need tires changed i put it up on jackstands in my garage and bring them just the rims and tires...its just not worth it to me and i have seen to many bullshit happenings like this,and to many wheels fall off in the middle of the road because people dont know how to tighten lugnuts...i hope you get them bastards at pep boys what they deserve.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Veteran

if a shop doesnt know about vehicle jacking points, then they should have their license revoked and a firey stick in their asses.

that sucks royally dude.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

I would stick a rusty screwdriver in my left eye before I'd allow anyone at Pep Boys to put my car on a lift......
Old 12-10-2006, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
That's why it's so important to tell them how the car should be raised. Even if they get upset that you're insulting their intelligence, at least you've told them how to do it properly. Ask that they let you watch them prepare it to be lifted. If they refuse for liability reasons, then maybe they're not the type of place you want to be working on your car.
Most shops hate that. I bought some new tires to a shop for installation and decided to wait. So I was outside of the shop watching them and the mechanic saw me, stopped and came up to me and said he's not going to continue until I leave. I was suprised and said I'm paying him to put new tires on my car, so I can watch. He walked to the front and got manager. The manager said the same thing; so I said fine, put the old tires back on and I will take the car somewhere else. They did and I took it to Discount Tire who have no problem letting customers watch as long as you're outside.

Trans Am 98 - Pep Boys employ hacks and should never be trusted to actually work on a car. If someone can't figure out the correct jack points on a car, they have no reason to be allowed any where near a car.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

What a asshat
Old 12-10-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i would sue, simple as that. get a lawyer, get the original $2800 dealership quote, if u dont have it, go to the dealership and talked to the guy who quoted u... then get the guy who did some of the work so it would be drivable to testify how bad it was...

in suing ull be able to get the full $ worth of damage covered/court costs/lawyer costs

after u drag their sorry asses through court i hope the dumbass who lifted your car gets canned, and even those sorry *** managers
Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is total BS. I never let anyone touch my car unless I am there watching like a hawk. There are too many dumbasses out there.

If you can't get ahold of someone to hande this matter, I suggest what others have, get a lawyer and make them pay for the damages. Alot of times I believe that these places think you'll just give it up and forget about it. Good luck man.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Can you say Lawyer
Old 12-10-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Legal action is a must!! And i would also contact the better business bureau.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Junkie

You should definatley get a lawyer at this point and let him/her handle all future corrispondance with Pep Boys.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Teching In

OK i have now had some one tell me why the claim was denied. It was due to previous damage on the car. :dunno: the only damage was the TOP of the driver side door skin was coming loose. so that is the reason that they are staing that they aren't claiming the side skirt, front fenders and the BOTTOM of the door that was pulled apart from the fender. they are stating the damage was caused prvious. The only other people that have lifted the car was extreme and I KNOW that they didn't do it. So now i have the district manager suppose to call me and resolve this. I also have consulted a lawyer and they stated it is a open and shut case. Mainly due to all the receipts that i have for the car and the only two places that have even lifted the car and even touched it for that fact are extreme and pep boys. So if the manager will not resolve the lawyer and i will be taking it to court..........More to follow when it evolves.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

just watch it i am sure they will pay it so they don't get involved in court but if they want to fight it pep boys has a lot more money than you.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lawyer & BBB FTW
Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Legal action is a must!! And i would also contact the better business bureau.
Yea. Its the only thing you can do.

Sorry to here about that man.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I took my car to Pep Boys once and they did the exact same thing!!!! It wasnt as severe as yours but my side skirts were pushed in. I had to get under the car with a wrench to straighten them out. Never going there again.

Quick Reply: need everbody to read this