General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Man I hope my Wife/GF really gets me the ____ i've dropped 54030 Hints about for Xmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
I'm hoping I get a nice 3 level rollaway tool chest I've been dropping hints about! I never get car stuff for xmas.
My wife and the rest of my family barely know how to pop the hood on a car, much less shop for parts for me. I'm the lone gearhead in my blood/married related family, so I just buy my own xmas presents.
I'm not sure who has it worst.... rest of my woman's family is all ford people....
Old 12-24-2006, 01:28 AM
Staging Lane

LOL my mom bought me a new cd deck, dad got a new ipod for me, and I'm trading away my 99 firebird (v6) for a 98 formula (early birthday present to myself also). Now all I can hope is that I dont get a ticket... Had to wait this long so I could pay it all off in cash.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

my girlfriend *almost* bought me stuff for my car... but she's too scared an says that she doesnt want to get somethin for my car since im too picky about it. my parents - my dad wont get me any "power adders" since i apparently have enuf power as is. sorry, but 292rwhp/323rwtq is NOT enuf sigh.. that, an my reckless driving ticket probably didnt help my case out any either... my mom, on the other hand, knows just enuf to start the car and run the radio. as far as problem-solving - if the cd is skipping, she'll take it out, pull a Nintendo move and blow on the cd, then replace it back into the stereo. if that dont work, out with the Alabama cd, in with the Barry Manilow. somehow that magically works

although i *did* get a new wallet, since i lost mine the other day, with everything in it
Old 12-24-2006, 08:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's ok man, Ive had my car since early 2000, and it's just NOW kicking in that all i really want for Xmas is car stuff, haha.

For my birthday in november, i got a new firesuit, some race seats, and a set of relocation brackets for my 9".

For Xmas i'm hoping for my 5point harnesses, some new headlights for my truck, and anything else is golden.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight98TA
Well i'm hoping for my pacesetter longtubes with matching ORY.

good alternative would be LS6 intake or MagnaFlow exhaust.

how bout you guys?

chances of getting at least one of these items? 65%

Don't Get the magnaflow cat-back, roomate just put it on his 98 ss with longtubes, and doesn't even sound half as good as it did with the 40 series flowmaster, i went with the GMMG and love it
Old 12-24-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Regular

Im getting new plugs and MSD wires for xmas and new brake pads/rotors hopefully from my parents and hopefully retro Z28 badges from my GF. My dad wont buy any performance products for me, says I put too much money into my car. The odd thing is when I get stuff installed though hes the first to want to go for a ride haha. O well....
Old 08-31-2007, 12:18 AM
On The Tree

My christmas came early in the summer O=). Look at the mods in my sig. . thats was christmas for me. LOLZ.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad asked me today what would work for Xmas, because I'm going to be gone up until then (AIT for the Natl. Guard), and I've gotta Tony Mamofied FAST intake. Score!