General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I love the parking lot migration....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this is why everyone should carry valve core pullers with them
Old 12-13-2006, 05:23 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
I think this is why everyone should carry valve core pullers with them
Or a .44

Old 12-13-2006, 05:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the theory of migration. I always park in remote sections of parking lots, especially malls. I do this to prevent door dings/chips like everyone else. What is interesting and also frustrating is that other people will park right next to me. "There are a hundred spots out here in no man's land to park in, and you park right next to me, Arrrgh!" Furthermore the chances of you ride receiving a ding is greater. I'm not as frustrated if the migrating car looks to be well taken care of. Does anybody else realize this. I would like to make a new "Man Law" this will go under "No fruit in beer" the law should state. Always leave a space between your pristine ride and other pristine rides. And don't be a jackass and double park sidways"
Old 12-13-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by squealingtires
Always leave a space between your pristine ride and other pristine rides. And don't be a jackass and double park sidways"
Man Law?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cld069
That girl is referred to as the DUFF. Designated Ugly Fat Friend
i like to call them friend-a-sauruses
Old 12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

If Im feeling saucey, I like to angle the car to take up two spots,I always park at the very edge of the parking lot anyway.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WsFirebird6
haha thats funny
Old 12-13-2006, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats happened to me a few times, it does seem to be mostly at malls. I think its cool, I think it would be really cool to have an actual muscle car club here, but it doesnt seem like we can get along, its a shame! I rarely get a beater park next to me at school, I park out in BFE next to a curb which seems to be best because I can get really close to the curb and leave a decent amount of room on one side of my car should someone park there they will still have plenty of room without hitting my door. I think they park next to us because they think the car is nice and they are trying to get a better view?

Originally Posted by WsFirebird6
Old 12-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Teching In

my wife and i had literally just rolled out of the dealership with our new armada and had to stop by target. so we get there and i find an end space so only one car could park near me. while my wife is in the store a car pulls in right next to me and the passenger (teenage girl) just throws the door open and puts a huge frickin dent in my door. i mean i'm staring right at her and she goes to walk off like nothing happened. i get out and stop her and her mom and ask for her insurance info. her mom freaks out and says that she didn't do it and all this crap so i had to call the dang cops. what biatches
Old 12-14-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deetz03
my wife and i had literally just rolled out of the dealership with our new armada and had to stop by target. so we get there and i find an end space so only one car could park near me. while my wife is in the store a car pulls in right next to me and the passenger (teenage girl) just throws the door open and puts a huge frickin dent in my door. i mean i'm staring right at her and she goes to walk off like nothing happened. i get out and stop her and her mom and ask for her insurance info. her mom freaks out and says that she didn't do it and all this crap so i had to call the dang cops. what biatches
Someone did the same thing to me. Luckly I was in my DD pickup, everything on that truck is shitty because my uncle didn't take care of it. I got out asked him why he did that, he said it's a POS so what does it matter and walked off like it was nothing. All im gonna say is I got justice.

Back on toppic, I was at the movies and parked my SS in the way back right next to a poll and a curb, there wasn't a car in 200 ft. When me and my gf came back there was a firehawk, new C6 and an 03/04 Cobra parked within 25 feet, with one space seperating all of us. I thought that was pretty neat and hadda take a pic with my phone. My gf just rolled her eyes and got in my car.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

one thing to be VERY aware of is that parking out in the boonies where nobody else parks sometimes makes it alot easier for somebody to not get noticed breaking into your car.

trust me, it aint no fun walking up to your car and then seeing a damn pile of glass... i still park as far away from the morons as i can, but i've learned the hard way to never ever park my car where it gives a no good thief an advantage.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

I try and park any from everyone unless there is a f-body,vette,ect in the parking lot, but tonight I went to a restruant parked away from everyone come out and there is a eagle talon parked so close I could barely get in my car without hitting there door that **** reallt pisses me off
Old 12-15-2006, 02:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cld069
I feel ya. I always park in BFE at work and one day I get out and start walking towards my building and this jackass just whips his shitbox of a car right next to mine. This is 5:30 AM in the very back of the parking lot. There was literally 5 cars in the whole lot and he parks next to me. What an *******.

You should have got right back into your car and moved about two spots over; giving this guy the "stink eye" the entire time.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by deetz03
"Is Wayne Brady 'gonna have to choke a bitch?"

Back on topic: At church my roommate ('02 GT) and our best friend (lowered silver/black two tone '03 Harley truck) always park by each other in the far corner.

As far as work though; I've seen how most buttholes drive through the parking lot so I park right in front of the store. It pisses my three co-workers off, but they know better than to say something because they will get the affore-mentioned "stink eye"
Old 12-15-2006, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onebadblackz
I try and park any from everyone unless there is a f-body,vette,ect in the parking lot, but tonight I went to a restruant parked away from everyone come out and there is a eagle talon parked so close I could barely get in my car without hitting there door that **** reallt pisses me off
I also try to park away from everyone in BFE, but of course you sometimes get %$$holes who must park right next to you - so I had business cards made up which say "Thanks %$$hole for parking so close, next time leave a can opener so I can get into my car - stupid %$$holes like you should ride the F*&^ing bus" and now when that happens I leave it on their windshield
Old 12-15-2006, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 588 Likes on 466 Posts

One time at walmart last year some douche-bag parked their suburban so close to my car that I literally could not get in. I parked with my pass side door next to the cart corral so I had to pull the carts out and slide it over to get in. This pissed me off so bad I went back inside walmart, bought a length of chain and a padlock and locked it through their wheel and left. Screw those idiots who don't have the common courtesy to park correctly. It was worth $15 to screw their day up after that.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rick99TAWS6
I also try to park away from everyone in BFE, but of course you sometimes get %$$holes who must park right next to you - so I had business cards made up which say "Thanks %$$hole for parking so close, next time leave a can opener so I can get into my car - stupid %$$holes like you should ride the F*&^ing bus" and now when that happens I leave it on their windshield

My buddy in high school had some of those. It had Mickey Mouse holding a giant can opener and flipping the bird. Very funny.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
One time at walmart last year some douche-bag parked their suburban so close to my car that I literally could not get in. I parked with my pass side door next to the cart corral so I had to pull the carts out and slide it over to get in. This pissed me off so bad I went back inside walmart, bought a length of chain and a padlock and locked it through their wheel and left. Screw those idiots who don't have the common courtesy to park correctly. It was worth $15 to screw their day up after that.

hahahaha.. classic.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Holy **** !! That's Awesome!

I swear, next time I'm in the same situation, out comes the lock and chain!
Old 12-15-2006, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

One day at school I backed into a parking spot at least 50 feet away from other cars. After class there was a s2000 and an STi next to me parked the same way. I thought it was neat so I took a picwith my phone, but I dont have that phone anymore

Quick Reply: I love the parking lot migration....