General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I love the parking lot migration....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone is telling stories of how cars park next to THEM, but if i see a nice f-body i'll park next to them out of respect, if i see a mustang i'll park next to them so they feel ashamed, if i see a vette i'll park next to my big bro.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do it too. At least I know he's not gonna ding my doors
Old 12-15-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
Everyone is telling stories of how cars park next to THEM, but if i see a nice f-body i'll park next to them out of respect, if i see a mustang i'll park next to them so they feel ashamed, if i see a vette i'll park next to my big bro.
exactly
Old 12-15-2006, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hawk108
haha....yea at the mall in Annapolis i always park in the back corner and i always find muscle cars out there when i come back......but sometimes i find rice next to me.

same experiance here
Old 12-15-2006, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

I hate when people do things to your car while your watching them. I came out of work one day to find a middle aged women and her son putting crap in the backseat of her lincon that was parked next to me. The shitty part was that her door was leaned against my cars paint and her son was hanging off of my side mirror like it was a monkey bar. I walked up to my car and acted as if I was gonna try to get in and drive away, when i couldnt get by her to get into it I took her door and removed it from my paint job and gave her a very evil look and stood between her her son and my car until she left. She told her son to get off my car but never did apoligize or anything. I guess she thinks that me working there gives her the right to disrespect my property. As she pulled out I stood there continuing my stare and made it apparent I was inspecting where her car made contact with mine. She was watching me do this and almost backed into a dump truck while pulling out. I hope that taught her a lesson. She didnt damage my car in any way but she coould have and its very rude.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
I hate when people do things to your car while your watching them. I came out of work one day to find a middle aged women and her son putting crap in the backseat of her lincon that was parked next to me. The shitty part was that her door was leaned against my cars paint and her son was hanging off of my side mirror like it was a monkey bar. I walked up to my car and acted as if I was gonna try to get in and drive away, when i couldnt get by her to get into it I took her door and removed it from my paint job and gave her a very evil look and stood between her her son and my car until she left. She told her son to get off my car but never did apoligize or anything. I guess she thinks that me working there gives her the right to disrespect my property. As she pulled out I stood there continuing my stare and made it apparent I was inspecting where her car made contact with mine. She was watching me do this and almost backed into a dump truck while pulling out. I hope that taught her a lesson. She didnt damage my car in any way but she coould have and its very rude.
Hell, I was at my buddy's shop one night (this was years ago) and I hear this loud noise outside. I throw open the shop door and there are 3 punk *** kids (probably early teens) out there and 2 of them were using my bumper like a damned trampoline (luckily for them there was no Camaro at this time-it was a whole differnt car) When I threw open the door I yelled "What the HELL do you kids think you're doing?!" I think all three **** themselves immediately.
I grabed one kid jumping on the back by the shirt and his two "friends" bailed on his *** and ran off. I dragged the kid around by his shirt while I checked my car for any damage (there was none-this car was a tank-'85 Mercedes Benz). Once I determined everything was okay I let him go and gave him a brief speech basically saying don't ever come around this way again. Needless to say I never saw that kid or his two buddys again.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hah I had a similar experience yesterday. I parked my car at school and there was a CETA convertible 2 spots over to the left and then a black GTO two spots over to the right. It was like a cool, pontiac barrier
Old 12-16-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

When i was in high school, all of the "nice" cars parked in the EXACT same spots everyday, side of the lot next to the school's rock. Stangs, f-bodies, lowered and lifed trucks, a few bikes, and everyone else who had respect for cars. One time my senior year some stupid *** Jr. parked his POS right next to a 80-grand mercedies(i went to a private school) taking a lifted 4x4's spot. Needless to say, tow chains were used, and his car "somehow" ended up in the middle of the lot
Old 12-16-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
When i was in high school, all of the "nice" cars parked in the EXACT same spots everyday, side of the lot next to the school's rock. Stangs, f-bodies, lowered and lifed trucks, a few bikes, and everyone else who had respect for cars. One time my senior year some stupid *** Jr. parked his POS right next to a 80-grand mercedies(i went to a private school) taking a lifted 4x4's spot. Needless to say, tow chains were used, and his car "somehow" ended up in the middle of the lot
What if you were the 'loser' that had to drive a 'pos' in high school and unknowingly parked in the 'cool kids' parking spot.....high school

J/k! We did that at my high school as well!! ....the other point of view sucks though, huh?
Old 12-16-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i always take up 2 spots
i hate door dings
Old 12-16-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Andros
exactly

me too
Old 12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol @ towing someones car out of the spot. thats gangsta.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

I always try to park far away and it seems like there will be a minivan or a POS by me. AHHHHH!!! Also, must have been nice to have a nice car in School. I caught the City Bus every day. I had to go to Iraq to afford mine!!
Old 01-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Teching In

I do the same thing at work. I have always parked far away from anyone else and recently, due to the purchase of my newer and way nicer WS6 I now park even further away than before. About 3-5 days after parking there POS cars have began flocking to me. A Scion Shitbox, 98-02 Riced out Camaro V6(If you ask the owner it is a 2003 SS) with those little round stick on vents, and a Sunfire. This makes me angry that no one else parked there and now that they see a nice car parked there, they have to park their "nice" cars there.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:15 AM
12 Second Club

man, I drive around the entire parking lot looking for other nice cars to park between cuz I know they are the same as me. If I can't find a spot with others, I park my *** out as far as possible.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know if i have written this on this thread yet or not and i dont feel like reading the whole thing again so im just gonna post it anyways......I have only had my car since last spring. I was in MO when i first got it and the FIRST night i took it out with my friend to chill i was parked in the VERY back of the lot near ZERO cars and when i got back there was damage to the front drivers side bumper. Luckily there was a note and the entire transaction of funds was smooth. This year i am going to school in Florida and the FIRST night i got here i parked my car in the VERY back of the appartment building and there were ZERO cars anywhere near me. Next morning there is damage to the front driver side bumper(exact same spot) except alot worse this time. It messed up the headlight, hood(paint only), bumper, drivers side door and was several thousand dollars worth of damage. And this time.....no note. What nice people. So i had this happen twice within 5 months of owning the car and i did not see either one happen. So i have come to the conclusion that you cant win. I guess this really doesnt have much to do with parking lot migration but i just started thinking about it and got pissed off and just needed to vent.....thanks for listening guys
Old 01-13-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

i always find ricers parked next to me, thinking they have something to prove.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Launching!

if i see a nice car, doesnt necessarily have to be an fbod or vette, i park next to it, but 90% of the time i park away from everything and there is always another nice car that parks out there with me. its common sense for people who care about their cars to group up and i love to see it happen because when u go out there from lets say the mall u are like hey thats a nice car and what not, its how we survive.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Everyone at my school with nice cars parks in the far left corner cause we all respect each others cars and dont want anything to happen to them. But the jackass cop writes us tickets if we take up more than one stall or angle park. He even went as far as threatning to write tickets if you pulled through the stall and had the nose of the car facing the isle.

So now we just **** him off, in the winter when they plow the lot all the snow gets built up in a giant pile at one end so a couple of us with trucks park in the snow bank or on top of it.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i like to park where people wont hit my car. but ill park next to the "family" if possible.

Quick Reply: I love the parking lot migration....