General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Can you believe this Shit!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

move......
Old 01-04-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pistol Whip their *** FTW!
Old 01-04-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

invest in and approach them with an AR15. they will stop and listen.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the truck i used to have the previous owner installed a simple toggle switch in the middle of one of the ignition wires. turn the toggle switch off and the car would turn over but no spark. you could do something like that. there are alot of preventative measure you could take, but the way i look at it is: if they want it that bad they will get it.

you come out with a bat and some brass knuckles- they take your bat, wack your knees in with it and punch you in the head with your own brass knuckles. your life isnt worth a car.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Man, I don't know how I could ever leave my car again if I ever saw that happening. I think you did the right thing when you didn't engage them, because you could have been killed. People are so unscrupulous these days
Old 01-04-2007, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

You should've calmly walked over to your car poped the hatch grabed a tire iron and then asked your previous question of do you gentlemen need anything. They'd think twice about coming back then.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Teching In

you should have shot those faggets
Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
You should've calmly walked over to your car poped the hatch grabed a tire iron and then asked your previous question of do you gentlemen need anything. They'd think twice about coming back then.
Sounds good to me

It would be very hard for me to sleep at night
Old 01-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Everyone talks a big game on the internet, but facing the same situation, I may not have even done what you did. It is a lot different when you are actually there...and most people should know that there are very, very few instances when you can actually shoot someone legally (or even beat them with a baseball bat). With the lawyers around these days, it isn't even worth it. They'll spin the story and make you look like the bad guy.

I used to live in a place that was shady as well, and I kept a very close eye on my car at all times. I walked in and out of my apartment multiple times at night for the three years I lived there, and no one messed with it. You already know, though, that if someone wants it bad enough, they'll get it. You already went a long way by getting their license plate number, so you at least have a name to start off with should it get stolen.

Now that I have my car in a garage, I don't worry about it at all. I pay more to keep it there, but the peace of mind is priceless. If it keeps me from modding like I did, so be it...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Launching!

^^^good post and Beautiful SS MeentSS02
Old 01-04-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shinerbock07
Should have gotten licsence plate,
Why? You think that car they came in was registered under the thier name? Probably hot as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Everyone talks a big game on the internet, but facing the same situation, I may not have even done what you did.
Well I always say if i had to work very hard to get what I got someone is gonna have to work harder to take it. Maybe I'm weird but I think you should stand up for what you've got. Otherwise everyone will take it.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
Well I always say if i had to work very hard to get what I got someone is gonna have to work harder to take it. Maybe I'm weird but I think you should stand up for what you've got. Otherwise everyone will take it.
That's understandable, but have you ever heard of the saying "Everything is always twice as hard when it's HONEST"?

Which means that anytime someone wants what you have (probably most of the time) all they have to do is point a weapon in your face and take it.

That's the way the world works, no happy endings all the time, and not always will the good guys win.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

I would invest in a low jack
Old 01-04-2007, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

i feel for yah man. im glad that your car wasn't stolen and that your okay. i live very close to downey and i frequent it alot. i also worry that my car may get stolen. luckily, i live with my parents and they let me keep her in the garage at night. also, all my neighbors know me and can hear my car turn on at any time of day i would suggest investing in the hidden camera as a security precaution. it would ease my mind a bit. hope everything turns out well bro.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by greysteel_M6
I would invest in a low jack
That is an option, I was also thinking about a 2 way pager;

1. Lojack= $800-$1000 Dollars
Pro: You'll find the car for sure once it's stolen.
Con: Won't activate until you report the call stolen. What if the car
is stolen around midnight and you don't realize it until the morning,
by then the car could end up in Mexico.

2. 2way Pager: $300-$400 Dollars
Pro: You'll know when the car is opened as it happens.
Cons: Even if you do know, hopefully you come out and scare them off, but unless you have backup (Friends, Good neighbors) you put yourself in danger.

I'm shooting more for the pager to begin with, you can try to help the situation by scaring them off. I'll eventually get both to feel more secure.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

noone would try my car i live on a dead end road on an acrea and its up against the house not visible to the street....but my window is righ there and im usualy up late so i dont worry...i get the garage once my parents get there junk out of my side....pluss my cars loud as **** once the started it my parents and my neibors are going to know...
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 96slowmaro
Invest in some weaponry. Sit and wait... problem solved when they show up! Any places to store the car?
right---attack them and then guess what--Go straight to jail. [maybe move to a better neighbourhood.???? ]--DAMN people these days are like that everywhere it seems....
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

I would say your best bet as mentioned above would be to get these thugs on camera somehow. You have the plate number already and if anything does happen and u catch it on tape you would have a stronger case against them. I would think so at least, since you would then be able to show probable cause with the identity of the two. Good luck man.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Resident

Ya i agree that it was for the better that u didnt engage them... nobody cares about life nowadays and taking someone's life has just become such an everyday thing, along with getting away with it too... dam judicial system... id just get a lojack system. Same kinda thing that are common on bikes.