General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I survived my crash

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007 | 08:01 AM
On The Tree

Glad that you are OK. From the looks of the picture they cut you out of the car. Time to go SHOPPING.
Old 01-12-2007 | 04:24 PM
12 Second Club

wow man...ur definitely lucky to be alive that looks pretty bad. glad your ok, so go start lookin for another fbod!!!
Old 01-15-2007 | 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Sorry I did not respond, I went for a checkup visit at the trauma center and they though i broke my intestines and they were leaking inside me so everyone went ape **** and made me stay another 2 days, I HATE hospital beds. OH and they mistook some actual **** for a tear inside me... what a joke. well when the **** left the tear magically healed so they let me go. Kinda makes me worry my life was in their hands.

As far as the car goes the entire left side of my camaro was cheese grated by a telephone pole wire (the yellow ones, you can see it in the picture) and every single panel is trashed including the front left and hood. I did go to the holding yard and recover the shifter, all the N2O parts sans the bottle its got a Little dent, all of my custom intake parts and small stuff like the shift light and switch plates. alot of my money was in suspension and that was all obliterated in the crash seeing as the rear-end was snapped in 4 places.

Sadly even the entire interior is trashed, the console is shattered from my body and both seats are ripped out of the floor. Only the Trans and Motor seem to be ok, but I really don't want a motor that was on its last legs and had N2O sprayed through it for 10,000 miles from 82-92 thousand miles. It was close to death. My biggest part loss was the freshly rebuilt trans. It was perfect but with my tools impossible to recover, the tunnel collapsed around the trans, protecting it but making it impossible for me to remove without some serious cutting tools.

Good news is I'm alive and i can move on to a new project and i've learned so much from the old camaro, may she rest in peace, that I can start anew with much more knowledge than before. The new camaro will be a track only 2nd car and my goal is to be the fastest f-body in the area. I already learned to shoot high. so I'm going for Nines at the least and Eights after some learning. Going to use the new LSX block with a bore in the 400's n/a. And as Always she will be streetable!

Thank you for your concern and support from my other, rather large and unruly family, and believe me when I say GOD DIGS F-BODIES and the people that drive them. And I am proof.