General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Officially done, whats my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Calm down... My car has 124K and I've had it for 20K of those miles. My only problem was Fuel pump 2K after I bought it which was due to the shitty gas gauge. Other problems are...

1.BCM is funky (my friend dropped a penny and it rolled into the damn cig. lighter and shorted it out a bit)
2.The clutches in my Auburn are fubar (probaly from a 16 1/2 year old now 18 doing so many donut's, burnouts, powerslides)
3.I've gone through 1 set of front tires and 4 sets of rear's (I'm still trying to figure that one out )

Overall my camaro' has been a good car. Don't bash F-Bodies cause you got a lemon. BTW 124K and I can still take down my friends brand new EVO 9
Old 01-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wowsers
every thread you make starts off as "blah i hate this car i want it gone." then by the end of it you want to keep it for a lil longer. Make a decision.
It is called venting

Instead of getting a hammer and beating on the car or punching my pillow or breaking down and crying thinking of the $500 in parts I will spend and not being able to get tires like I need to, I come on here, bash the car, get some suggestions, feel better.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

every thread you make starts off as "blah i hate this car i want it gone." then by the end of it you want to keep it for a lil longer. Make a decision.
LOL.... you're right.

I think he's just very frustrated and is venting. I think he'd really like to keep the car, but all this stuff happening one right after the next is getting to be a drag. I can understand that......
Old 01-15-2007, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
It is called venting

Instead of getting a hammer and beating on the car or punching my pillow or breaking down and crying thinking of the $500 in parts I will spend and not being able to get tires like I need to, I come on here, bash the car, get some suggestions, feel better.
As I thought.

You know what makes me feel better when **** gets really frustrating? Weight lifting. Give it a try. It'll help.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

It is called venting

thats cool. i think youre just too quick to label all f bods, and gm cars in general, pieces of ****.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
As I thought.

You know what makes me feel better when **** gets really frustrating? Weight lifting. Give it a try. It'll help.
I do, love to work out, gym is closed all christmas break though. it's killing me

Been working out a couple years. IT DOES HELP!!! Also fought full contact...helps even more!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

thats cool. i think youre just too quick to label all f bods, and gm cars in general, pieces of ****.

That is why it is called "venting"...
Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Regular

That is why it is called "venting"...
i know the pump going out isnt exactly a small problem, but id be interested to read a thread of yours if your rearend blew, or your engine fell out

unless it really happens, then im sorry i jinxed it
Old 01-15-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Glad we could convince you once more. Lets hope nothing else breaks for a long time!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I completely understand what your saying but thank god your oil pump didn't go or anything. **** happens brother, get over it.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spare tire
I was waiting for that one, I used to have a 92 DSM GS-T. Now that was unreliable as hell. If you wanna bitch about reliability go talk to some of the people on dsm tuners they would love to only have the probs that you have had with yours. Also when my fuel pump went out on my laser it took a piston with it. That was back when I was 17 so I had no money at all to fix it and I just ended up parting it out. Just remember there is always worse things that can happen.

yeah sry man, the funny thing was I test drove another TSi(that my buddy SHOULD have bought) and it seemed fun and fast....its def a cool car. but after seeing all the problems, I wouldnt even take one for cheap. If i had a lift and all the tools necessary, by all means id buy it, but it gets kinda crazy at times.

BLKWS.6, you gotta keep the car man, you might have fixed everything now and you might have a few months of cruisin ahead of you(even the talon guy plateaued at one point and didnt have too much trouble for a few months!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Man I think that all of this stuff just happened at once. These cars are very reliable even with the abuse that they take from the owners. As far as fords... I'm really not trying to get the ford guys fired up but they don't make enough power to break things which is why they last. As for the car they old guy that owned it before you probably babied it as to you getting on it all the time and it's just not used to that. I believe that if a car is broken in hard you can drive it hard. If it was babied and then the next owener dogs it out it will start breaking.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Holy **** thats retarded. Why are they so overpriced!? The last waterpump I bought was for my GT, it was $76 w/lifetime warrenty. They die at 70K miles and overcharge by 2X...wow...way to go General! You have my wallet on the run! Might as well give chase and fully rout it!

have you even taken a look at your water pump on the trans am? its nearly 3 times the size of a 5.0 stang water pump that MAY just be the reason why its more expensive
Old 01-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raven_450
have you even taken a look at your water pump on the trans am? its nearly 3 times the size of a 5.0 stang water pump that MAY just be the reason why its more expensive
oh

I dunno, im just looking at $500+ in parts alone right now. So much for new (and needed) tires. I will just keep airing these up and run them till they are slick. Rather run em' than not be ABLE to drive

Parking the car in dad's driveway and taking my everlasting GT back until I can get this stuff fixed. It sucks. Next car I buy will be new and have a warrenty, that way I dont give a **** WHAT brand it is, I can yell!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

fix and drive that mo fo
Old 01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tboysen00
fix and drive that mo fo
I hope it's that simple.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

I dunno, I just think its really sad that everyone thinks my problems are normal maintenance issues. Of all the fords we have owned (dozen since I can remember) with high HARD miles on them (X cop cars), none of them have lost a fuel pump, noone of the 4.6's lost a water pump, and a couple lost auto trannies. I mean, I just dont think its right that fuel,water,wheelbearings,iac is all considered "maintenance items". You know why? Because the ownersmanual doesnt include them in the 100K mile schedual. Because they SHOULDNT go bad. I dunno, I am still pretty pissed.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hang in there Bro, you'll be ok.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Has Unresolved Sales In Feedback/12 second club

Gm built a shitty car! But why bitch and ******* moan about it? Just fix it and go on with life, jeasus christ all you seem to do is bitch about one thing or another? Go and get your Rustang and signup on some ford forums. Just venting.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by notatruews6
Gm built a shitty car! But why bitch and ******* moan about it? Just fix it and go on with life, jeasus christ all you seem to do is bitch about one thing or another? Go and get your Rustang and signup on some ford forums. Just venting.
Meh, I either have a paper weight that COULD be fast or a mustang that runs and never will.