General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Officially done, whats my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea I know how you feel, I just got my Z28 7 months ago and theirs a few things that it needs but im workin on it, and I know what you mean im a full time student takin 18 credit hours this semester and its a pain in the *** but when it comes down to it LS1 power> ALL with that said, ill drink to that
Old 01-16-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
WHAT!? I want to see this "sex camera" Why dont I ever see those threads!?

Well, i am pleased. for my 21st birthday (today) Dad said he will take care of the TA for me. If he is fixing it, im shutting up. Says he is using AC delco stuff on it and thats gravy with me. Anyways, I will be in the GT for a while and then I get the car back. I feel better, that and I just bought some beer, only had 1 b/c im trying to cut back on carbs and beer sucks in that respect. Anywho, they didnt even card me so much for right of passage. Anyways, I should have it back with new water pump and new fuel pump in a week or two. Also he is buying me a lid. Did I mention my cars **** luck was offset being born into the custody of an awesome dad? yeah, +1 for dad!

Anyways, my mundane 21st is coming to an end soon, time for bed in a bit. Peace.

-my closest-to-journal-entry-ever post
Congrats bro! Sounds like you have a good dad.

On an upnote, your problems really are peon IMHO.

I know several people who bought vehicles that threw a rod within days of the purchase.

Maybe this will get you straighened out and be problem free!

BTW... happy birthday.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKDZ28
Congrats bro! Sounds like you have a good dad.

On an upnote, your problems really are peon IMHO.

I know several people who bought vehicles that threw a rod within days of the purchase.

Maybe this will get you straighened out and be problem free!

BTW... happy birthday.

Man, my problems are worse than anyone's you ever met, BECAUSE THEY ARE MINE! and thats the way we think as humans. Logic does not always prevail. But yes, I see what you are saying and I TECHNICALLY agree 100% with you.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

True, I could. To Swang: Damn dude, have you ever bought something that everyone said was all but flawless except for a few quirks (piston slap, slight oil usage--I dont mind those) and it grenade on you all at once? I mean, beign a college student and FINALLY GETTING MY DREAM CAR! and my roommates laughing b/c its falling apart...can you feel my irritation...just a LITTLE? C'mon...But yes, its being handled and I am greatful and maybe this is the end of the ****. I can hope!
yeah, i have. That GT was "flawless" and mint when I got it. But its a machine and machines break. Sometimes it doesn't matter how well it was maintained, but deal with it man. I had a T/A when i was in high school that had been in my garage from the day it was made and it was never beat on. I got it, not two weeks later the tranny went out with 75k on the clock. Not because it hadnt been treated well, just because its something mechanical and mechanical things break. I'm a college student too. ***** broke on my truck as we speak and it's expensive to fix, but its also a truck with 100k and it has never been beat on, and by looking at it, its "flawless," its just a 6 year old truck, but damn man. its not like no one else has ever had to fix a car or fix **** that they didnt break before. as stated, youve about fixed everything so it should be good for another 75k. Good Luck whatever you do.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok i bought my car the next day it wouldnt start and left me stranded at mcdonalds for 3 hours with my older brother when i wanted to take him out to lunch.. ok and then on my last 2 camaros including this one the rear end blew out on both the 2001 just had a bearing go my 95 split the diff on my alburn. lol all with about 2 weeks on each car. but after the rears and fixing the starting problem on my 01 man this car is a beast just did a tune up put a few bolt ons my car is beating evo's gto's and 300zxtt's and taking me to school sure it costs some money but man if you have a car that can run 12's then expect to put a little in now and again. And you might just be paranoid on the cold piston slap thing your car will be smoking with oil if you have piston slap either way drive it like you would anyways dont be scared of it breaking. Its like your body its going to get shittier as you age but is that stopping you from living? But if your car wont start at all then its the pump if its starting everyonce in a while then i say its the main ignition relay. i have seen 2 other camaro z28s with this problem other than mine thats it. good luck man enjoy the car. those rear shocks will need replacing soon too lol and the clutch.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're like me when I had my first few cars... granted they were 1989 models so problems were inherant, but I never stopped looking at the temp gauge (blown HGs were the norm sadly). Eventually I just said **** it, stopped worrying, started enjoying, and realized that unless I bought something *new*, repairs and maintenance are all necessary costs. Don't give up on the car, how would you feel if you dumped the car to your dad, he fixed it, then put trainlengths on you in the GT Good luck buddy, go finish those beers

-J
Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Teching In

gimme gimme.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lastcall190
You're like me when I had my first few cars... granted they were 1989 models so problems were inherant, but I never stopped looking at the temp gauge (blown HGs were the norm sadly). Eventually I just said **** it, stopped worrying, started enjoying, and realized that unless I bought something *new*, repairs and maintenance are all necessary costs. Don't give up on the car, how would you feel if you dumped the car to your dad, he fixed it, then put trainlengths on you in the GT Good luck buddy, go finish those beers

-J

Amstel light > Guinness IMHO. Amstel also has 30cal. less and more protein
Old 01-17-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't be bitching about prices for parts either. Go price BMW, Porche, Corvette, Supra, or parts for a Nissan Z. As far as sports cars go, our parts aren't too expensive.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Ive never heard of a guy lookin at the calories in beer before....
Old 01-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17

KHS-235 (Human Nutrition) requirs that I keep tabs on stuff for a project. I dont want to come off as a fatass. That and I am trying to cut some. I gained about 45# in 3 years and I am trying to drop about 10 or so of that.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Sorry to hear about your luck. I owned a brand new 2002 firebird. Saw the 2002 T/A, traded the bird for it. That bird had 40000 miles on it, never 1 problem. Got the T/A with only 19000 miles on it. Within 2 weeks of owning it, the window motor went out, the cats were clogged up and the power antenna quit working. I was thinking that I made a big mistake, since it had no warranty.... the dealer fixed everything for me at no cost. Now 1.5 years later everything works great. It's great if your dad will fix it for you. As far as the stangs go, I have 2 neighbors that have 2006's. One is a 6 and the other a GT. They both have been towed back to the dealer cause neither would start. When the GT was towed, I was out detailing the T/A. I couldn't help but start her up and let it purr, while the poor guy watched as his was put on a truck to be fixed. The guy is thinking the opposite of you, that he should have went with GM. But I tried to remember I DID but a USED car. Good luck with the WS6!!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Hahaha...not reliable. My brother's car had 150,000 miles on it when it was running 13.3 at the track. I don't know what you are doing wrong, but these cars never really break. The fuel pump went out in my car, but it has 125,000 on it so that is expected. Oh, and both our cars used to be police cars (you know how nice the police are to their cars). So go ahead and trade for a carb. mustang. Yeah, great choice.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on my 2nd and 3rd LSx F-bodies right now, and I've never had any real issues with them. My luck has been very good so far... and I've put about 60K miles on the cars collectively.

Almost all the problems you listed sound pretty minor.. like stuff I'd just fix myself.

All cars break eventually... sounds like the Mustang has more issues than your T/A did, not to mention it being considerably slower.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Theres no way you can justify drinking beer because of less calories and protein!!!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trust
Theres no way you can justify drinking beer because of less calories and protein!!!
Meh I guess. At least my teacher will think im a semi-health conscious budding alcoholic. Hell, I justify it as such!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

you bastards are comparing beers...ahh cmon...

comparing beer is like comparing a fat chick to a ugly chick....itll still get you what you need and your friends will still make fun of you in the morning
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by staringback05
you bastards are comparing beers...ahh cmon...

comparing beer is like comparing a fat chick to a ugly chick....itll still get you what you need and your friends will still make fun of you in the morning
Old 01-19-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
I have. One of my favorite beers has 480 calories in a 12 oz serving. It's a meal.

Real Ale's Sisyphus. It's a barleywine. It will send Bud, Miller, and Coors drinkers running home to their mamas crying for their blankey. Cold, it pours almost like honey. I like it at room temperature on cold nights. It'll cure what ails ya.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
Real Ale's Sisyphus. It's a barleywine. It will send Bud, Miller, and Coors drinkers running home to their mamas crying for their blankey. Cold, it pours almost like honey. I like it at room temperature on cold nights. It'll cure what ails ya.
I so want a beer now. Doesn't help I'm at work, thanks A-hole