General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Parents hate your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my parents don't really like my car at all. I have to keep mods under the radar. my dad is a doctor so he has the curse of knowing and seeing too much, so he's allways extremely paranoid about me modding my car, quoting statistic after statisitc. I even have to sneek out to the track cause he thinks I might flip it and blow up in a firey car reck, even though my car is stock.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned 3 F-Bods since I was 16 and my parents (mainly my step-dad) downed everything I did to it. When I had my '95 Camaro and put a cheap alarm on it, he would always say, "Oh, it's just a piece of metal. You are wasting your money on nothing!" I got so tired of being downed by him. My mom was pretty cool though. One time she had to drive my Camaro back home because I was going to be in a wedding and I forgot my dress! She said that sucker hawled butt when she got back!! Pretty funny. Boy, if they could only see the amazing piece of machinery that I have now. (Trans Am) Ouch!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

My Mom is always asking me when am I gonna leave the car at her house for her to drive...lol... When I was in stationed in Korea and had the car at home she'd always "run errands" in my car which mainly consisted of passing people up on the freeway (so I've been told by my little brother). She would call me in Korea and tell me how much she loved speeding in my car and the fact that when she'd be driving around people wouldn't expect a 45 year old woman driving a car like mine and would be looking around trying to figure out where the sound of an LS1 is coming from... lol
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dad loves it, uses every excuse possible to drive it haha

"Holy **** this is like driving the 396 Chevelle I had"

Mom, not a fan of how fast it is, but trusts my driving.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

My dad loves my car...especially since before I bought my Camaro I was looking at Integra gsr's and he was disgusted..haha. My mom and him love it now they just don't like all the money I've put into it. Also they don't like the loud exhaust coming home at night but just wait untill the cam goes in this winter!!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHINER
They cant stand how loud my exhaust is though.
Same, but I don't live with them anymore so who cares? But unfortunately my neighbors hate the exhaust too!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

They probably just think its a pretty nice car that parks out front of their house. They dont care too much about it but they (mom and step dad) know how much I love it.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

my parents like my car but dont like me modding it which i think is bs

ill put it this my dad used to race motorcycle's and i have talked with him about starting road racing with my 600 v-twin crotch rocket is a v-twin class upgrading to the jap 4cylinder bikes later and he is all for it, but when it comes time to mod the car, you shouldnt do that its not safe and it doesnt help the value of the car and makes it more likely to break down

my gripes with that are -
1.safety- lets not even go there your willing to help me get started with motorcycle road racing but your worried about my safety in a car

2. value of the car, if i was worried about that at all i wouldnt have bought a 8 year old car with 95k on it (when i bought it, 11 now and 156k) i wouldnt be able to sell the car for much anyway why should i worry about the value

3. makeing it more likely to break, if anything id make it more reliable, the thing has 156k miles on it, stuff is going to start breaking, id be replacing old worn out parts with new stuff that performs better and if you build it right it can be just as reliable

those are the only gripes they have with my car and what i want to do to it other than that they like the car but they wont ride in it or drive it unless they have to lol
Old 01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Teching In

my dad loves it.. he is always saying "maybe one day i will get a car like this...."
my mom hates it... "why you want a trans am..."
Old 01-18-2007, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

My parents like it, my dad and I are the ones that have done all the work on ourselfs. He had a 1970 nova ss with a 427ci 13.5 to 1 cr ran 10's in the quarter, and he was a diesel mechanic for 25 years. After all the mods Iv done to my car, and he hears and smells it run, he wishes that he never sold his nova. So I will NEVER sell mine
Old 01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

eh..my story's the same as most...my dad like it, takes it for joyrides when i'm at home and taking a nap or something, and mom doesn't want anything to do with it
Old 01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

When i bought my car i told my parents about how it was going to by a daily driver to replace the 69 camaros daily driving duties. They agreed that it was a good idea to have a newer reliable car. As soon as i got it home they both liked the way it looked and said i had made a good decision. I then took my dad for a ride in it and got on it a little and he just looks at me and says, "Son you bought a race car." I just told him that it was relatively stock still and it still gets close to 30mpg on the highway. He denied that i could possibly get that good till i started showing him receipts i keep with the miles on each tank. He accepts that it's a decent daily driver now aside from being a little low. They used to always discourage me racing my car at the track (drag strip or anything else) but since i am paying for this car all on my own they realize that it's mine to do with as i see fit.

William
Old 01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

My fiancee LOVES my car, as does my mother, and my future mother-and-father-in laws. I have a friend with an EVO, which is a pretty quick, but he drove my car and couldn't stop talking about how HARD it pulls. Everyone at my work does too (I am a retail manager for a very large grocery chain). One day, I walked into the offices at work and I overheard some of the girls talking about it! I quickly interjected with "oh, that's mine... " These things really are babe-magnets!!
Old 01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dad has his own car but he's never said anything about how fast it was or anything like that. He has a ford Mach1 its nice and all but im no ford guy. He always tells me stuff i can do to make it faster. Now my Mom on the other hand she is always telling people about how fast it is and all LOL. Neither of them has ever driven my car.

When i got the LT1 TA i let my brother drive it and punch it from a 20 roll and it pulled good and he was like "ya this thing runs good". Then we went back home and i let him drive the LS1 LOL and he hit it from a 20 roll. Needless to say he was like Damn this pulls so much harder than the LT1.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

My dad loves my formula hes the one who talked me into buying nitrous! my mom says its a waste of money and two noisy
Old 01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

my parents werent to big on my trans am but they both love the new goat. my dad took it up to triple digts the first time he drove it.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bjamick
My dad has his own car but he's never said anything about how fast it was or anything like that. He has a ford Mach1 its nice and all but im no ford guy. He always tells me stuff i can do to make it faster. Now my Mom on the other hand she is always telling people about how fast it is and all LOL. Neither of them has ever driven my car.

When i got the LT1 TA i let my brother drive it and punch it from a 20 roll and it pulled good and he was like "ya this thing runs good". Then we went back home and i let him drive the LS1 LOL and he hit it from a 20 roll. Needless to say he was like Damn this pulls so much harder than the LT1.

Yea, word on the street is those LT1's are slow
Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

what u sayin man.. they rnt slow.. atleast my m6 ws6 aint

IRON CAST BLOCK!!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dad loves my car, when I got it tinted he and my mother couldn't stop staring My mom loves it, but she's scared in it because it's very loud. They were sad when I sold my LT1 and this is almost like more of the same.

-J
Old 01-18-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

My dad likes my car but won't ever drive it. He's owned a lot of f-body's but just got himself a 50th vette and said screw it all...He's aging and where he used to love getting on ****, he's slowed down, he just wants something that sounds nice but isnt loud, looks good but isnt the most bling bling ya can buy, and rides nice. He used to drive mainly just sports cars, now thats his toy and he just drives his truck usually. My mom doesn't mind my car, she thinks its nice, but she thinks its a waste of money since its a second car. she hated my mustang though since it had the full JL XR system that was always up and cut outs on the O/R H pipe. She hated that car. My stepdad on the other hand loves it and will take any excuse he can to get a ride in it.

Quick Reply: Parents hate your car?