General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wrecked the WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that sucks man... it could have been worse though man
Old 01-19-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good thing your okay man but the car it self doesn't look that bad, atleast it didn't bend the frame.. Mostly just some lil body work and a new fender and windshield shouldn't cost too much.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hate to hear that bro, the car can be replaced.

Looks like someone was looking out for you when you were heading toward the stop sign.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the parts off another wrecked car and have them repaint and line them up.

If the insurance company wants to total the car, be prepared to be seriously low balled, they are like a car dealer on their prices they offer you... I speak from experience. Wife got rear-ended with our 90 Probe, has 244xxx miles, they offered it back to us with a totaled title for $400, when I showed them value of other cars similar year and mileage it went from $400 to $1600 with the car bought back from them, $60. I went to a wrecking yard, found color matching parts, put them on, cost me $30.

If they insist on totalling it show them ads of other cars similar year and mileage, they will bump it up a bit. Can buy the car back for a little bit from them and just get good parts off a other wrecked one like above. From the pics I don't see $10k worth of damage, but I'm not a body expert either.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Stop calling HER "man" & "bro"!!!

If they total it, argue with them to pay the price you paid not that long ago.
Then buy it back for pennies on the dollar & fix it, or part it out.

Last edited by PontiacFan; 01-19-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
I don't know if I will be able to afford to keep it after the insurance goes up so I might be selling it to get a honda civic or a neon heh..
What a coincidence! I have an '03 Neon SXT that gets great MPG's who I'm willing to give up for a WS6.

Back on topic, at least this temporary car you're in now isn't too shabby. I'm sorry though. It has been pretty iced out in Texas the past couple days. My college wasn't even open on Wednesday due to "ice." It looks like it's clearin' up though.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Launching!

What exactly determines when a car is totaled? I mean I know its if the cost of repair is more than the car is worth, I am not exactly sure how much mine is worth. I probably need to figure that out. I keep praying that it won't be totaled, I don't even have the money to buy it back from them. I only have 100 bucks to my name.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=PontiacFan]Stop calling HER "man" & "bro"!!!

dont think they are calling HER "man & bro' directly. most are guys on here and every now & then they are HER owners. so relax bro!, man!!

glad ur alright Rayvendawn.
I would ask insurance how much they would give u if you bought it back, with that money have it fixed. find out how much shop will fix it for. then make ur decision.

fuerzaws6
Old 01-20-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Okay well tonight as I was going home I hit a patch of ice and went fishtailing all over the place and couldn't stop, ran into a curb and up on to a muddy field and hit a stop sign. The stop sign was totally uprooted, thrown into my windsheild and almost cut my head off. All of a sudden the stop sign seemed to disappear as cheesy as this sounds as if an angel took it out... and the stop sign didn't touch the car... it was layed neatly underneath my car. I am so shaken up right now that I almost died and I wasn't even in a wreck with anyone else.
My car suffers the following, broken windsheild and popped tire, probably torn up ws6 rims and a HUGE gaping hole in the front of my bumper and my right head light is popped up and to the side. When the glass busted it turned into dust and I think I may have small peices in my eye, I'm scared because I just had lasik last month and my eye hasn't healed yet. I probably won't be able to take pictures of my wrecked car until I have it back from the shop.
UPDATE- Well it seems that the shop wants to fix it and there is no damage at all to anything under the hood, my right head light motor is totally broken and my bumper and my right fender will have to be replaced and my suspension is totally messed up. Whoever owned the car previous wrecked the door and just glued the door panel back on and the shop saw that and they are going to fix that plus all the scratches that were previously on the car. I am nervous about how the paint will come out looking. Here are the pictures of the car at the shop. Oh and for the next 3 weeks my rental car will be a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and man it's so nice, everything about it blows my car away. It's so touchy and easy to drive, if they DO decide to total my car which I hope they won't then I will be shooting for something much newer.. maybe one of these grand prixs lol.
First picture is a before... and the last picture is my new ride for awhile.

Its definitely not totalled. It will get fixed.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

What exactly determines when a car is totaled? I mean I know its if the cost of repair is more than the car is worth, I am not exactly sure how much mine is worth. I probably need to figure that out. I keep praying that it won't be totaled, I don't even have the money to buy it back from them. I only have 100 bucks to my name.
80% of the cars actual worth will total a car.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry about your car. looks terrible.. was damn clean looking.

but it's just a car, i totaled my first car, they paid for it and I moved on.

However, in your situation, if they DO total it out, did you check with your insurance and see if you have GAP insurance? also, the dealers sometimes include it with your purchase?

thats how I did mine anways, I bought the car with GAP insurance for like 6 years.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Have you let the insurance company know that you don't WANT it totaled if that is your wishes? I had some guy hit me in my 94 DD, and his ins. was eager to total it because that is what some folks want. I spent about 2 days explaining to them that is not what I wanted and their settlement amount could not replace it so if they totaled it then they could find me one just like it for that price. They ended up fixing it. Also if you don't have a medical claim remind them how much they are saving there. Don't just take what they say, its not the last word. I'm also glad to hear you're OK. Good luck man.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Launching!

I didn't get gap insurance, it was offered to me at my credit union but at the time I was already nose deep in money that I didn't have. I have let them know that it will be unacceptable to have it totaled. The people working with me at service king told me that they would not charge me for any work done that went over what the insurace would pay. My insurance company wanted to take it to one of their shops and have the car bid on to see how much it was worth and if they could get some cheapo bastards to fix it for nothing. Our insurance guy got into a big fight with us and said that because I am not agreeing to have it taken to his shop that I would have to pay out of pocket. He was saying it like it was a threat, he was so angry.
I got an estimate from the shop and they said it will be 7,000 to fix the car and I am in deep **** at this point, the car isn't even worth 14,000 according to Kelly blue book.

Last edited by rayvendawn; 01-20-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

that will buff right out
Old 01-20-2007, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

I've got a friend that owns a body shop and we talk about this crap all the time. I'll ask him monday what he recommends. He deals with insurance crooks all the time.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks, the good thing is that your are still alive.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Launching!

Another update.. it wasn't totaled
The estimate was 7,000 but now they are saying its 5,200 and they are saying that my car is only worth 12,000.
What do you guys think? A A4 1999 Trans am ws6 with 76,000 miles on it, assuming that it was never wrecked which is what they are supposed to give me. How much do you think it's worth? I have never come across a Trans am ls1 of any year under 13k with more miles than mine has on it. I think it was worth more than that and even though it has been wrecked it still holds more value than just 12k to me.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I hope you get it worked out insurance companys are a pain to deal with.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Stop calling HER "man" & "bro"!!!

If they total it, argue with them to pay the price you paid not that long ago.
Then buy it back for pennies on the dollar & fix it, or part it out.
+1, Rayven is one hot *** chick!

Glad ur okay Rayven!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another update.. it wasn't totaled
The estimate was 7,000 but now they are saying its 5,200 and they are saying that my car is only worth 12,000.
What do you guys think? A A4 1999 Trans am ws6 with 76,000 miles on it, assuming that it was never wrecked which is what they are supposed to give me. How much do you think it's worth? I have never come across a Trans am ls1 of any year under 13k with more miles than mine has on it. I think it was worth more than that and even though it has been wrecked it still holds more value than just 12k to me.
I payed 12 cash for my 72K mile 01 WS6 black/black 6-speed in IMMACULATE condition.