General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

43000 dollar ws6

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by F8LWS6
Hey did you have that SOM WS6 on your web page for sale? That was a nice car and a good price I was sorry I missed it.
yhea that car was awesome, I sold it to my cousine for 13,500
what I paid for it, I not trying to rip any body off, I am even sorry I ever listed it, its becomes a feeding frendzy , and everybody is out to tear you up, I am not asking a million dollors, I also have a best offer. I own a lot of cars because I am an autohaulic, I have a very nice collection of muscle cars, I can tell you this ws6 is one of the lowest mile cars in the country , it does not get better than this car, if sombody really wants the car you can call me and we can work out somthing.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't forget the fact that in not a single picture the guy has on these listings show odometer shots to VERIFY the mileages............
Old 03-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by YellowMonster87
he lives around naperville il its a 630...

Fbod get-together anyone??? we can go car shopping
you will see me this summer at the track, and the street races, make sure your car is fast.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stage274
I can tell you this ws6 is one of the lowest mile cars in the country , it does not get better than this car, if sombody really wants the car you can call me and we can work out somthing.
Trust me it does get better then that car. And if anyone offers you a dime over 30K then they are out of thier minds. It's not a Ferarri, Lamborghini or some limited edition vehicle that people would want for showing off. It's a mass produced dime a dozen WS6. They are meant to be driven and do not gain value over just a few years.

BTW you were ripped off by the dealer that sold you that car. Even back then the car wasn't worth 38K so it certainly isn't worth over 40K now
Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offence to anyone but why does it bother you guys if the price is 43,000. If your not going to buy it then stop talking about it.

Let the guy do whatever he wants. Its his car. If he wants to sell it for 100k It shouldn't bother you that much!

Who cares
Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by darrensls1
Trust me it does get better then that car. And if anyone offers you a dime over 30K then they are out of thier minds. It's not a Ferarri, Lamborghini or some limited edition vehicle that people would want for showing off. It's a mass produced dime a dozen WS6. They are meant to be driven and do not gain value over just a few years.

BTW you were ripped off by the dealer that sold you that car. Even back then the car wasn't worth 38K so it certainly isn't worth over 40K now
your right its not a ferrari because they suck,The ws6 is the best trans am ever to come out of gm
I did not get ripped off, you could not buy a ws6 new with out the dealer mark up in chicago , and I know for a fact they were higher in the west coast.
this car is super special because it has 280 miles on it ,280 miles ,did I mention 280 miles. so let say you walk into a dealer today and you want the saturn sky, when your done signing the papers, you would be comming out of that dealer oweing $35,000
this is not a used car it is in the wrapper,you can not compare this car to any other car, its is special because its new, and everybody trashed thier ls1 , I know because I have a collectors edition, with 12,000 miles, that car is as loose as a goose, the clucth is messed up the rear end make noise, its still looks good, but I race it every weekend when I have the chance. that what you are buying when you see others for 25,000$, not a bran spanking new car with every chalk mark and doc, This car has never been wet and has been in a heated garage. now dont you wish you can have a new trans am agian. everybody does ,but they do not make them any more,thats what make it rare.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

this car is super special because it has 280 miles on it ,280 miles ,did I mention 280 miles. so let say you walk into a dealer today and you want the saturn sky, when your done signing the papers, you would be comming out of that dealer oweing $35,000
this is not a used car it is in the wrapper,you can not compare this car to any other car, its is special because its new, and everybody trashed thier ls1 , I know because I have a collectors edition, with 12,000 miles, that car is as loose as a goose, the clucth is messed up the rear end make noise, its still looks good, but I race it every weekend when I have the chance. that what you are buying when you see others for 25,000$, not a bran spanking new car with every chalk mark and doc, This car has never been wet and has been in a heated garage. know dont you wish you can have a new trans am agian. everybody does ,but they do not make them any more,thats what make it rare.

Did I mention that you're car is still a ripoff for more then 30K? Want to see a better deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1&cardist=909

450 miles, Anniversary edition (yes that means it's rarer and more valuble then a run of the mill WS6) WS6 for.............................Drum roll please..............

$34,995

But lemme guess a 2002 plain jane WS6 with a few hundred (not thousand) less miles is well worth another $8,505?

Note you can buy this car today for less then what you paid for your WS6 back when you bought it.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Did I mention that you're car is still a ripoff for more then 30K? Want to see a better deal?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1&cardist=909

450 miles, Anniversary edition (yes that means it's rarer and more valuble then a run of the mill WS6) WS6 for.............................Drum roll please..............

$34,995

But lemme guess a 2002 plain jane WS6 with a few hundred (not thousand) less miles is well worth another $8,505?

Note you can buy this car today for less then what you paid for your WS6 back when you bought it.
I just talk to him, he is firm, plus you will have to pay taxes, when you done paying for it ,it will still comes out to be close to 38,000 plus shipping, he is a dealer, yes it definatley the best looking ta with those blue rims and white seats, but 99 suck, the pistons knock, it eats a ton of oil,you cant hone the block, and still no matter how you slice it you are still paying big money for a 99 which is 3 years older than and 02 which make that car 8 years old. plus 01 and o2 are still the best

Last edited by stage274; 03-08-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Launching!

fine I take 37,000 shipped anywere in the country.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

it sounds to me like your 12000 miles "collectors edition" that you race got the **** beat out of WITHOUT being taken care of.....
Old 03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

30k shipped and you still don't have a deal IMO
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Formula01
it sounds to me like your 12000 miles "collectors edition" that you race got the **** beat out of WITHOUT being taken care of.....
no it is super nice ,always garge keeped, I love to race, but it hard on a car, like the clucth and rearend, you cant do anything about it, but upgrade, which I am doing. I take care of all my cars, I love cars so much that I wont sleep for days, just thinking how to make it faster.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Im with Yellow, Can I do the test-drive honours?!, might need a new set of rubbers for the car, and a bottle of advils for the owner
Old 03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NDFORSPD
Im with Yellow, Can I do the test-drive honours?!, might need a new set of rubbers for the car, and a bottle of advils for the owner
if I see you up at an event , I will give you a ride.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

I just talk to him, he is firm, plus you will have to pay taxes, when you done paying for it ,it will still comes out to be close to 38,000 plus shipping, he is a dealer, yes it definatley the best looking ta with those blue rims and white seats, but 99 suck, the pistons knock, it eats a ton of oil,you cant hone the block, and still no matter how you slice it you are still paying big money for a 99 which is 3 years older than and 02 which make that car 8 years old. plus 01 and o2 are still the best
Anniversary edition > 02 WS6 anyway you want to slice it. The biggest difference between the 99 and 01/02 is the LS6 intake manifold instead of the LS1. $499 is not a big investment after spending $35K

You think we are stupid? You think we don't know the differences between the 98-02 F-bodies?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....80&postcount=2

Stickies are a beautiful thing. And to top it off most of us actually understand how little these differences are considering the vast aftermarket we have

I'm not saying your car isn't worth money. Hell 30K is still about 10K above BBV. But the car is no longer new because of two reasons.

1). It's been titled at least once (to you).

2). It's now 2007 making the car 5 years old.

You ratained a lot of value IMO by keeping the car basically undriven but it didn't gain value. At least not to the general public. What you need is to find someone who loves muscle cars, has a lot of cash and has an obsessive compulsive personality. That person might pay what you want for the car.

Good luck on the search.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I really wanted to spend that kind of $$$ on a F-Body this would be my choice......

2002 CA TA w/ 49 Miles
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Launching!

no I do not think your stupid, this forum has the most intellegent , and savy people I know, but I am hard headed ,I like 02 ,I like them even better if it has a ls6 block in them, which my CE does not have, and that is why it comming out to put my 383 ls6 in it with a pt-88, I know this car is not for every body, I know none of you guys are going to buy it, but if I had a turbo car just done with o miles you guys be all over it, thier are diffrent markets, this car is for an old man who has 100 cars, and wants to say he has one of the lowest mile cars in the country, this is not an ls1tech car with bolt ons, one time I owned a 1971 cuda convertible , 318 car, I put it on ebay for 110,000
it had 24,000 miles, I recieved every hate email in the world, you know who bought the car , it was stalloins son ,you know rocky balboa, because he loved it, just like I loved this car when I first bought it.
god knows I dont know evrything but I am willing to learn and listen to others
thats what we are here for to learn ,have babies and drive fast cars.

Last edited by stage274; 03-08-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TedG '01WS6
If I really wanted to spend that kind of $$$ on a F-Body this would be my choice......

2002 CA TA w/ 49 Miles
That sold. asap. dealer mark up price in 02 was that on that car.
you could not get that car in 02 for under that. and it still brought the same price in 07, hmmm.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

That sold. asap. dealer mark up price in 02 was that on that car.
you could not get that car in 02 for under that. and it still brought the same price in 07, hmmm.
This is the key part of that particular car:

Collectors Edition Convertible

That (like the 99 anniversary TA) gives the car added value above a standard WS6. You don't want to accept it but the only thing special about your car is the mileage and that's only worth so much.

What's your car really worth? 28-32K. That's a reasonable amount for what the car is. But that does not mean you won't find someone with more money then common sense. If you do then more power to ya. If not then keep it for another 20 years and it'll become an official "classic".

Then you'll probably get what you want for it
Old 03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Launching!

This is the key part of that particular car:

Collectors Edition Convertible

That (like the 99 anniversary TA) gives the car added value above a standard WS6. You don't want to accept it but the only thing special about your car is the mileage and that's only worth so much.

What's your car really worth? 28-32K. That's a reasonable amount for what the car is. But that does not mean you won't find someone with more money then common sense. If you do then more power to ya. If not then keep it for another 20 years and it'll become an official "classic".

Then you'll probably get what you want for it
I cant take 32,500 never. it does matter . I just amazed , why everybody cares so much, Its my car I dont have to sell it, mabey I like stirring the **** somwhat.
if somone wants a deal I can give you a deal on parts or what ever this board needs. please leave my car out of it , Thanks Demetri

Last edited by stage274; 03-08-2007 at 04:35 PM.