General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Insurance wont let me buy back my ws6

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Insurance is just a big scam...

The high premiums you pay are do to the drunks,scamers,etc

You pay in all this money every year for the rest of your life,but when it comes time to there being an accident...they do whatever they can to get out of it.

Also...who is your insurance?I'd go get the parts off...what I was told..as long as you take what you want,but the car can still runa nd drive,....its ok
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't sign anything! I agree that the mods are considered personal property and you should have the right to claim it. Get them to agree to sell the car back in writing. If it goes to auction they are closed to salvage dealers only and you will never see her again.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Update! so I get a call today from the bitch at 21st saying "ok we have reviewed your case and decided the value of your vehicle to be $6,312" So I asked really nice to see what they compared my vehicle to, She wasn’t nice at all turned into a bitch so after I **** my brick and went off on her about how retarded she was etc... I ended up hanging up after she said "the checks in the mail if you dispute it pay for you own evaluation". So now I'm going to talk to one of my lawyers and go from there... I tell ya what there is nothing like being told that your cherry 98 WS6 with under 100k on the clock is only worth 6 grand and that you can get one anywhere for that price... I sure wish I knew where this **** shopped.... I was also vary clear with her not to compare my ws6 to any v6 or vehicles not called trans am but I'm sure she did….. I swear it’s been over 3 weeks now and I’m still without a vehicle and now vary pissed off… not to mention that I still want my damn car back that they won’t sell me…. I thought 21st Century was supposed to be like one of the best ins to deal with ? oh well....
Old 02-05-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are supposed to valuate vehicles on the following conditions:

1. Make/Year
2. AVERAGE going sales price (dealer sale, NOT private).
3. Mileage (not heavily)
4. Type of Title of Vehilce (clear, liened, or salvage/rebuild)

Following conditions will NOT be made:
1. Mileage
2. Options on Car
3. Mods that were done to it.
4. How much you owe on the vehicle (if it's financed)

Now, it's up to you whether you take thier offer or to hire your own apprasial. Keep in mind that if you do get another apprasial you will have to split the cost with the insurance company.

What makes you think that your car is OVER their offer? You have to prove eveything to them about the car to make the offer go up. Good luck with that however. Your car is now over 9 years old keep that in mind as well.

You can dig into your states Insurnace Statutes, but it's gonna be hard diggin' though all that. Hiring a lawyer won't help, they aren't scared trust me, I've been down this road before. Remember, insurnace companies don't make money by writing checks. You can also write to the State Insurance Department to see if you can do anything about it.

I would fight that amount, looks like in the Sacramento zip codes, those cars are selling between $8k-$12k. Do you own research, giving actual VIN numbers that are for sale in YOUR area (including eBay if you have to), to get them to increase their offer.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

they can't keep your car unless you sign it over to them. go get it back NOW.

when my Mustang got hit (and later totaled) it stayed in my garage. they wanted to come get it and tow it off, and i told them NO.

they can't deny you your car. it's YOUR property, not theirs.

they DO have to pay you for your damages.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:50 AM
On The Tree

Not looking for a paycheck just to get whats fair and the cheapest WS6 within 200 miles is going for about 15,400...

I'll know more tomorrow afternoon when i recieve their report in the mail.... Ill go over their compairitives and I'm posative that they are looking at firebirds...

I have to pay 100% here for another evaluation...

Not gonna talk to my lawyers to scare them, talking to them in case i need to take civil action to recover funds...

Also aware that its a 98 but How many 98 WS6's do you see for under 10 grand with a perfectly clean title history? i bet you wont find many at all with under 100k on the clock in perfect condition... Everyone would be driving one if that were the case... Offering 6,3xx was a complete insult. It not only takes big ***** to do that but probably some sort of strong drugs...

If tomorrow after i speak with her supervisor we can not reach a deal i will go get my vehicle and get my lawyer to send out a letter..... I'm a vary reasonable person but this is just getting out of hand at this point... I mean come on now... a ws6 were not talking about a civic.... I had to buy my car back east and ship it to cali just to get a 98 black ws6 m6...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Update!, finally a decent one settled today with them... took forever but oh well its all over soon. After ditching the lady dealing with it going above her head and talking with the highest person i could for two days they finally let me buy my car back for almost 3 grand and gave me 9 on top plus my rider for extra equipment... I would of liked a bit more for the car but oh well its hopfully over now and i have to decide if iwanna part out or fix and sell now....

Quick Reply: Insurance wont let me buy back my ws6