General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Somebody hit my car last night...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Angry Somebody hit my car last night...

Somebody bashed my car pretty hard last night while it was parked in my apartment complex. We're not talking a little ding here either. Bumper, berger panel, driver's side tail light, and deck lid will all have to be replaced. I've gotta take pictures for insurance, so I might post one or two.

They hit it pretty hard, and judging where it hit, it has to be a full size truck or jeep. There's white paint and dried mud on my bumper, also leading me to beleive a truck. After looking around for a while, the only thing I can think of that's that high and has a painted rear bumper (not chrome or black plastic) would be a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee.

It happened sometime between 11pm last night at 12 noon today. I'm just pissed this happened and that nobody saw. Now I have to get body work done, it's going to take a while to get the paint (Mystic Teal) and I just got my car back a week ago today from having the ABS control module replaced. My guess is somebody in my apartment complex had a party last night and some drunk idiot hit my car. I'm just really pissed right now, and I hope nobody else has to deal with this.

OK, sorry. Rant over.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how it is, I had a friggen guard rail hit my car last saturday and it hit it hard as hell. lol
Old 02-09-2007, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 561 Likes on 445 Posts

Be on the lookout for any vehicle that could have done it... I'd be scanning the parking lot every day if I were you. It's more likely a friend that will be making a return trip sometime.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea. I'm thinking the two girls that live below me had some people over, somebody got drunk and hit my car, and either was too drunk to know it or got scared and drove off.

It did trip the alarm after all, I was probably just asleep. There are only 20 spots in my section of the parking lot (there are seperate sections for each apartment building) so I will be looking every day. I'll probably ask one of the girls below me if they had people over last night and if any of them had a white SUV.

On a brighter note, the lady cop that came out to file the police report for my insurance was kinda cute...
Old 02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i feel ur pain...that happend to me about year and a half ago.....i JUST now got my bumper painted
Old 02-09-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

I feel for ya man! That sucks pretty bad. You may have read my recent thread about a jerk running a red light and toteling my baby...If you find out who did it, remember to stay calm...A car is not worth going to jail for....I think.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

that ******* blows...I hate hearing of **** like that. Hope you get it worked out bro...
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

dam that sucks man just be on the lookout and everything should be alright i feel your pain man that just PLAIN SUCKS REALLY BAD!