General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Who cant WAIT to re-insure their car for spring?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007 | 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just kept the full coverage on now for the second year in a row. I got to use the car after the snow melted and it rained in December all the way until mid January. Its frozen in now though.
Old 02-02-2007 | 06:53 AM
Launching!

Wait you guys have to park your cars? Oh wait i forgot not everywhere has summer year round like so cal. jk guys i grew up in the midwest i know how bad waiting sucks
Old 02-02-2007 | 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

My car is going to be going in storage here in a week and just comprehensive insurance...I am going to be in Australia til the end of JUNE, so I have to wait til damn near July until I drive my baby again

I know winter sucks and storing a car in the winter sucks when you are waiting for spring (stored my 94z during the winter back when I was in Highschool) And even if you don't store it winter still sucks because you want the warm weather to come and cuz you never drive it unless you absolutly have to (did this with my 99 t/a because it was my only car)

But I think it is going to be worse being somewhere that is hot everyday with babes and beaches, and not being able to have your car for 5 months!
Old 02-02-2007 | 05:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crazboy99
mine stays insured year round....never can tell what might happen while its sitting around...
+1 you are smart,It is at the time you take the insurance off,that something will happen !!
Old 02-02-2007 | 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Mine has just had fire and theft on it since the 1st of November. I can't wait until the first good rain or two comes and washes the salt off of the roads. I've got the original rims and tires on the car for storage and that way I can do a nice long burnout to stretch my legs after a long winter of driving the beater, which has trouble turning a tire in the snow, lol. After a few burnouts I can throw my regualar rims and tires back on and I'll be happy again.
Old 02-02-2007 | 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Mine is full coverage 12 months of the year. I pay in 6 month installments, so what the hell. If you are still paying for your car, can you even TAKE insurance off of it?
Old 02-02-2007 | 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BananaHead
Mine is full coverage 12 months of the year. I pay in 6 month installments, so what the hell. If you are still paying for your car, can you even TAKE insurance off of it?
I called and took the collision off of mine when I was still making payments, but I have since paid the car off. In fact I should probobly call and tell them that I have the title instead of the bank now. The last 2 years I stored it and left full coverage on, this is the first year I have dropped the full coverage for storage.
Old 02-02-2007 | 08:28 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Started mine for the first time in 4 months today to drive it into my shop so I could start doing some mods Bald drag radials do not work to move a car!!! What a pain in the ***. I had to drive backwards down an alley and around the block to get it in the shop. All the time with the car cover frozen to the car. Looked like those damn enterprise rent a car commercials.
Old 02-05-2007 | 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BananaHead
I pay in 6 month installments as well, all they do when you call and just put comprehensive on it for storage, is credit you what you didn't use of the 6 months you had payed for. So if you used 2 months worth of your full coverage they would credit you for the 4 months you didn't use etc..
Old 02-05-2007 | 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, I can't believe any of you guys take insurance off the car ever. It's way too risky to have a vehicle without some form of coverage. As for not driving the car in the winter, I've been driving both my 70 SS396 and my 2000 SS(daily driver) all winter long. I had the SS396 out one night to meet up with people and it was 20 degrees out. I used to drive my supercharged 93 Z28 Indy Pace Car daily for 5 years and that car could be considered a collectible. Enjoy your F-body all year round, just don't drive it in the snow!
Old 02-06-2007 | 11:50 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

mine has been on fire and theft since september. hopefully i'll put it back on in march sometime. I can't wait.
Old 02-09-2007 | 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
Wow, I can't believe any of you guys take insurance off the car ever. It's way too risky to have a vehicle without some form of coverage. As for not driving the car in the winter, I've been driving both my 70 SS396 and my 2000 SS(daily driver) all winter long. I had the SS396 out one night to meet up with people and it was 20 degrees out. I used to drive my supercharged 93 Z28 Indy Pace Car daily for 5 years and that car could be considered a collectible. Enjoy your F-body all year round, just don't drive it in the snow!
It is covered for theft, vandilism and fire. Collision and property damage is dropped to save a butt load of money.
I owned my first Camaro 21 years. Would still own it if road salt hadn't eaten it to the bone. So this one gets stored in the winter untill the salt is off the roads!
I still do enjoy it. I go visit it, sit inside, start it up and jingle my change!
Old 02-09-2007 | 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

yeah fire and theft for me too, put up in dec, hoping to get it out for april. but right now there so much salt thats its almost not worth washing your car. theres so much salt that its like theres a white powder on everything outside!.....damn winter!
Old 02-09-2007 | 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

I could never go tht long without driving my car......theres always nice days here and there.....im not as patient as you guys waiting til april 1st or march lol i have to drive it