General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Just a rant!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My take on this is don't make me get options I don't want-

I am not saying YOU can't have that stuff, just don't make me take it and pay for it if I don't want the weight or the complexity- that stuff is nice when new but a pain in the butt to start fixing when it breaks-
Wild ***** is right. Just let me buy a new Monte will the 5.3 engine, power windows, and a cd player. I dont want to buy a track car and I dont want all the options that come with a Monte SS but I cant get the bigger engine without SS package.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wild *****
My take on this is don't make me get options I don't want- you CANNOT buy a stripper any more, can't buy the A/C delete, no radio (which sucks if you are going to an after-market one anyway) etc.-

I am not saying YOU can't have that stuff, just don't make me take it and pay for it if I don't want the weight or the complexity- that stuff is nice when new but a pain in the butt to start fixing when it breaks-

Order whatever you want, but don't make me pay extra for "courtesy light group" or convenience packages, or deluxe interiors. when I want a car that I might be buying for club racing on the weekend-
WORD!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

My advice......just buy a Kia Rio!!
The automobile market is designed around supply and demand.
Too few people want a stripped car.
I do agree, however, that you should not have to buy a different 'upgrade option' at $8000 more to get the engine you want. That's fucked!
My $.02
Old 02-09-2007, 02:52 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by J's99Zrated
BLK85 I am 23 years old, but I can see why you might think I grew up in the 70s.
Im surprised.

I used to be like you with some of that stuff but I have upgraded a lot from my old car to my truck now. Power seats is one thing I hated but it is nice to be able to make small changes while Im cruiseing downt he interstate at 85mph. But **** like auto closeing tailgaits doors is kind of stupid IMO.