General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

98 Z28 value

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007 | 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default 98 Z28 value

I really didnt know where to post this so hope this is ok, anyway my friend works at a dealership and they just got in a 98 Z28 w/ ~78k on it. Its NBM, auto, cloth, BBK intake, 80mm tb, slp MAF, no cats and a flowmaster, and supposently 2800 stall w/shift kit. The bad part is it has damage on the bottom of the pass. side under the door, the door looks pushed in, no mirror in the housing, and i think its had some paint b/c the driver door doesnt have the codes and is flacking. Oh and we've seen it around and it wasnt taken care of that well and probably run hard. What would you guys pay? I had just told him i want basically this exact car except 6sp so i could sell mine and not care about one, and he goes to work to find this now wants to trade his stang, any input is appreciated, thanks
Old 02-17-2007 | 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

That thing sounds beat to hell! The LSx motors can take a serious beating, but the body of that car sounds like it's been beat the hell and back.
Old 02-17-2007 | 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaroz
That thing sounds beat to hell! The LSx motors can take a serious beating, but the body of that car sounds like it's been beat the hell and back.
+1,
Old 02-17-2007 | 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

ha yea when its clean it probably wouldnt be too noticable. But is it worth it to buy this for like 5500 or does it seem like too much that could go wrong? i told him to run it through the shop and go from there, we'll see