General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

tundra commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
Ok I read this whole thread and I have a few comments. First off I work at the Tundra plant in Indiana and I can assure you that all 5K+ american employees take a lot of pride in their work. Their aren't many parts on the Tundra that arent built in America. The engines are built in Alabama alot of parts come from Michighan and most built right around the plant. This area was dead before this plant showed up it brought in thousands of jobs and money to this community and to Indiana. I really enjoy working for them as well. Good benefits and a great work environment. I have talked to many managers that have worked for other car manufactures in the big 3 and most of them have said that the quality is much higher than they were use to seeing. The other companies build build build but we only build what is ordered making our build lower which in turn increases our quality. Why do you think lexus has such awesome quality! Anyway it is american made and it's not a ****** entertainment center. In the end you get what you pay for.
Hey, that's GREAT for you and your area. But just how much of that "American made" content is from AMERICAN owned/operated/controlled and profited companies, and not from Nippon companies posing as U.S. corporations by using American names (while getting all sorts of tax breaks/incentives that we ALL pay for)?? The U.S. auto industry is one GREAT BIG umbrella, NOT just the plants of the big 2.5!
BTW; just curious, did they force you to take part in a "daruma" ceremony at the opening of your transplant, on Japanese soil?? (Don't think for a microsecond that they consider the land your plant is built on not to be Japanese soil!! )
Old 03-06-2007, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Hey, that's GREAT for you and your area. But just how much of that "American made" content is from AMERICAN owned/operated/controlled and profited companies, and not from Nippon companies posing as U.S. corporations by using American names (while getting all sorts of tax breaks/incentives that we ALL pay for)?? The U.S. auto industry is one GREAT BIG umbrella, NOT just the plants of the big 2.5!
BTW; just curious, did they force you to take part in a "daruma" ceremony at the opening of your transplant, on Japanese soil?? (Don't think for a microsecond that they consider the land your plant is built on not to be Japanese soil!! )
You don't even know what your talking about. This is like talking to a brick wall as I knew it would be. Hell most parts for the "American" built cars are from Japan or hell a lot of the cars are even built in Canada, Europe, and Mexico that's so American let me tell you. I am done with this thread I hope they lock it soon.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:23 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Ok, I'm not seeing a whole lot of discussion about the f-body ring gear anymore. Time to close the doors on this one.