General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMC_SS_LDO
Cops are just like everyone else. Some are a$$hats and some are OK- just like anywhere else. Call "them" whatever you like, after you have done a few rides with them..... it may change your perspective.

all i know, is i havent had a ticket in 6 years drving my Z71, i got a trans am 6 months ago and i have gotten 7 tickets, i didnt change my driving habits at all,

3 speeding tickets (less than 10mph over limit) i guess i am guilty of driving 78 on the interstate

2 for like 25 mph over the limit; that werent me, both occassions were other people trying to race me, so i guess they clocked the other ***

and 1 for carless driving when i swerved grand turismo style to avoid some jerk on a cell merging into the intrestate at 35 mph

AND everyone one of these guys, with the exception of 1 state trooper, was a complete ***.

also i think my VIG 3600 stall may have something to do with the perceived speed of the car....
Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

I got pulled over going 95 in a 20...It was the first day with the nitrous.....Anyway the cop asked me how fast I was going and I said about 80 then he said yeah thats about right. Then he looked at my friend, and looked at the nitrous bottle in the back seat. Said that your liscense gets suspended automatically for going 60 over. He walked back to his car and came back WITH A WARNING!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by staringback05
well how about this...i dont call out the burger king kid for making my hamburger shitty...i dont compare him to being a ****...because he didnt leave my pickels off...

i dont write in here about lawyers and how crooked they are, or doctors and how much they **** up....ETC ETC....BECAUSE IM NOT IN THEIR SHOES
If you wirte about getting a sandwhich made pooirly at Burger King, then you have way too damn much time on your hands. Getting tickets costs a lot of money, and some of us don't have much of that so sometimes getting these annoyance tickets really hurts. I got a seatbelt ticket and a ticjet for not having my DL on me. I make 9.5/hr and live on my own. That's going to cost me more than I have in the bank and will save up for two months. I wear my belt 80% of the time and i keep my DL in my car since i don't drink or smoke (I was in my elderly dad's car, driving him).

Why would you compare a Burgerking high schooler flipping burgers to a ****? Does he work for the government? Does he enforce laws that seem borderline communist?

"criminalize people" i like that...thats a new phrase like "strategery"
I like how you made fun of my writing right after saying that you don't make fun of people.

I'm not calling you an idiot or a hypocrit since you admitted that some cops are jackasses and sometimes cops can do unjust things. It's the people who think almost all cops are these great heroic patriotic defenders that get me. Some are. Most just clock in and take it a day at a time (that's 100% fine with me). Others are worse people than most felons. It's the balance of that that's a matter of opinion.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

ANDY---am i a jackass????

No jacob you are not a jackass you are by far the coolest cop i know alot of cops are jackasses. But your cool not all cops are ******** just trying to **** with people. Somepeople are just trying to make a diffrence.
I think people get the wrong idea any of these anti cop gave me a ticket threads. It always comes down to people trying hate on guys trying to make the world a better place. So some got picked on in high school and now its there turn to take it out on people. Hell a guy i went to high school with and we always made fun of not because he didnt have it coming is now a cop and know what i always have to watch my back cause he has it out for me.

Last edited by 2000badbird; 03-12-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
ZRO
Staging Lane

Yesterday was the first time I got pulled over in my camaro. I was flying on some country *** roads and caught traffic threw a hick town and had to slow down. So I am driving normal with a car infront of me and see a state trooper and I am like **** I know his bitch *** is gonna turn around. Guess what he did, took him a minute to cut his lights on. I pull over and he tells me I am pulling you over for no front plate. I wanted to argue with him but it would nt have done any good so I just shut up. Then I reach for my insurance and realize **** I have three copies of the same policy that just expired. So I got a ticket for no insurance but that should be dropped.

When I was 17 I had bought a bmw and got pulled over 4 times in one day and most of the day I was in class. The most bullshit reasons ever but no tickets issued. Guess they just wanted to check to make sure my black *** didnt steal the car, who knows ?

So overall I guess the local *** suckers around here like camaros, because I drive like a ******* *** and havent got pulled in town yet.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned

1. no, he'll just spit in it...

2. i have 4 tickets in my lifetime...paid them all...

3. a quick flip of my badge isnt how it works...thatll actually pisses officers off...see i could get a ticket...and if i did id probably get fired....i highly doubt in whatever profession you do, that your boss would fire you for getting a speeding ticket

4. theres a way the officer who stops me, can already see im a officer before he even talks to me...so its really up to him

i encourage you to do a ride along....and for everyone who's bitching to do a ride along....do 12 hours with a cop, think it might change your mind

shot at, spit at, cussed at, complained on, working in military structure, getting yelled at, mounds of paperwork, no respect, pending case's, working on my off days, getting in fights....and i love it all...all the while getting paid like crap

been there done that.....opened my eyes on what my buddies do.( fellow officers ) and what they go through.....
Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by White_Liberty
Awesome...I'm happy for you. I wish I would have had a job like that when I was 19. do you work with your dad or something...?
No I work for a high end communications company, Do welding on the side, Assist an older gentleman that sells life insurance, and take money from honda driving highschool kids that think there car can "whoop" a "redneck"..... Guess the smell of 104 octane and alcohol injection and the sound of the lope and the dumped exhaust upsets them when they can't listen to there Dr. Dre thumping......
Old 03-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Some are bad, most are good. I have had my car for a couple years, and have been pulled over twice. I deserved it both times.

What I DO know is that they dont get paid enough to put up with the **** they have to take from idiots who think the "PIGS" are out to get them...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BootLeggnZ28
Guess how many times the camaro has been searched w/ Bootleg as my tag?
Badass tag.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Coy
Badass tag.
thank ya..... the "pigs" lol... oh snap itda poooooooolice...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Ok, Im going to "spit" my opinions out on this subject. In general when you get pulled over of course you will be upset cuz theyre ******* w/ your money whether its your fault or not. I have been pulled over for things I know were my fault and then again I have pulled over for things that wernt. I think it is a situational opinion on the cop or cops. It really depends on which cop pulls you over and for what. Not all cops are dicks, but not all cops are nice either. I know both types personally, and when its your fault dont bitch, when its not your fault then take it to court that is why they give you that option.... But please not more bitching about this subject, there are too many threads being whored up.....
Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BootLeggnZ28
Ok, Im going to "spit" my opinions out on this subject. In general when you get pulled over of course you will be upset cuz theyre ******* w/ your money whether its your fault or not. I have been pulled over for things I know were my fault and then again I have pulled over for things that wernt. I think it is a situational opinion on the cop or cops. It really depends on which cop pulls you over and for what. Not all cops are dicks, but not all cops are nice either. I know both types personally, and when its your fault dont bitch, when its not your fault then take it to court that is why they give you that option.... But please not more bitching about this subject, there are too many threads being whored up.....

off topic as it gets but why is somebody with 15 post concerned about threads bein whored up whats wrong man more that one page too much to read for ya j/k

hey man look at at this way if i didnt bust your ***** somebody would

Last edited by 2000badbird; 03-13-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sobaka79
all i know, is i havent had a ticket in 6 years drving my Z71, i got a trans am 6 months ago and i have gotten 7 tickets, i didnt change my driving habits at all,

3 speeding tickets (less than 10mph over limit) i guess i am guilty of driving 78 on the interstate

2 for like 25 mph over the limit; that werent me, both occassions were other people trying to race me, so i guess they clocked the other ***

and 1 for carless driving when i swerved grand turismo style to avoid some jerk on a cell merging into the intrestate at 35 mph

AND everyone one of these guys, with the exception of 1 state trooper, was a complete ***.

also i think my VIG 3600 stall may have something to do with the perceived speed of the car....

What color is your car? Sometimes its your color that sticks out.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Im actually a cop and i only give tickets for 15 over the posted speed limit. Everybody below that i just give warnings. Sometimes i even let people go if they are being honest with me. You just have to be honest with us and not try to lie. Mustang even get away with it sometimes.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jw300zx2002
Im actually a cop and i only give tickets for 15 over the posted speed limit. Everybody below that i just give warnings. Sometimes i even let people go if they are being honest with me. You just have to be honest with us and not try to lie. Mustang even get away with it sometimes.

pretty generous for bein a cop
Old 03-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Launching!

man i can't wait to start the academy..this thread motivates me...
do a ride along in richmond, virginia...you will more than likely stop bitching...i believe we're number 5 in murder. as for where i live in hanover...they're mostly cool. a buddy of mine, his dad is a hanover cop and he was just like they love our f-body's around here...so i guess im very lucky...its just those staties who will get ya...who hide in the dark without their daytime running lights on
Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jw300zx2002
You rock!! ... You can be a ***** with the stangs tho. We won't mind!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharpe.......

1. my profession was being compared to the ACLU and i wont argue that point...anyone mature enough and smart enough will know why

2. there are plenty of people at burger king who make 9.50 an hour...so please dont use that

3. the burger king thing is an EXAMPLE....

4. if i stopped you and you didnt have your seat belt...and i let you go without a ticket or something...and you drive down the road and DIE....i would be fired....your death or my job is well worth the 74.50....(80% of deaths without seatbelts could be prevented)

5. i wasnt making fun of your words or what you wrote, sorry you took it that way....ive just never heard of someone use the phrase "criminalize"....

my major point is, "you"--people in general....wouldnt and couldnt do what i do for what im paid....but i do it because i love it, and i do make a difference....now if some pissy teenager or disgruntled college student doesnt understand that...that speaks for themselves...

i really respect our military guys...ive lost a friend in afghanistan and have a cousin in iraq...if i cut anyone brakes its them....because i have been shot at....and i know what it feels like...and until anyone can feel that....i could careless what college kids and teenagers think

THANKS ANDY.... stand up guy... ill have a talk with your hs buddy
Old 03-13-2007, 06:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sharpe.......

1. my profession was being compared to the ACLU and i wont argue that point...anyone mature enough and smart enough will know why

2. there are plenty of people at burger king who make 9.50 an hour...so please dont use that

3. the burger king thing is an EXAMPLE....

4. if i stopped you and you didnt have your seat belt...and i let you go without a ticket or something...and you drive down the road and DIE....i would be fired....your death or my job is well worth the 74.50....(80% of deaths without seatbelts could be prevented)

5. i wasnt making fun of your words or what you wrote, sorry you took it that way....ive just never heard of someone use the phrase "criminalize"....

my major point is, "you"--people in general....wouldnt and couldnt do what i do for what im paid....but i do it because i love it, and i do make a difference....now if some pissy teenager or disgruntled college student doesnt understand that...that speaks for themselves...

i really respect our military guys...ive lost a friend in afghanistan and have a cousin in iraq...if i cut anyone brakes its them....because i have been shot at....and i know what it feels like...and until anyone can feel that....i could careless what college kids and teenagers think

THANKS ANDY.... stand up guy... ill have a talk with your hs buddy
I agree with this statement. A good point is made. Especially with the seat belt example.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

staringback05, you nailed it on the head. I was trying to stay quiet, but I just couldn't. I'm in the Detective Division, so I don't do much traffic. I can remember making traffic stops for 12 mph over. Most got a written warning or an equipment ticket. (which is much cheaper and not a moving violation) I can't tell you how many people had suspended DLs or open warrants.
Our job as far as traffic is concerned is to inform, enforce, and educate.
We had an accident in our city a few months back...3 17 year old kids in a v6 Firebird. The hit a tree and probably 70+...All three were dead right there. No seat belts and the one tire on the back was bald from the kid spinning tires everywhere he went.
The driver was given several tickets in the past and his mom actually complained about one of the officers when he got his tickets. I bet mom now wishes she just beat the daylights out of her son and taken away the keys when he got his first ticket. Would that have helped??? I couldn't even guess.