General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as tickets go, we have no quota. Can't do it. The brass has tried because the city's revenue is tied to the cost of moving violations. They have tried to incooperate the annual evaluations to how many tickets you write. We put the word out to the citizens and boy did they let their elected officials have it. One officer actually told someone "one more ticket this month and the wife gets a new toaster"
So much for the quota.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
off topic as it gets but why is somebody with 15 post concerned about threads bein whored up whats wrong man more that one page too much to read for ya j/k

hey man look at at this way if i didnt bust your ***** somebody would
This is a new s/n...... Not a new member......
I stopped posting so much here and went back to posting more on my club site (www.okgmp.com)
Old 03-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jw300zx2002
i only give tickets for 15 over the posted speed limit.
Sounds like California Highway Patrol, you have to be going 25 over with your hair on fire for them to pull you over (where I lived, Kern County), but if you have illegal tint or exhaust, your screwed.

Maybe the hair on fire thing is a little over-exagerated...
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

signal12....do you work for JSO?...if not i have an idea of who....
Old 03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

No. Ormond Beach. Just north of Daytona Beach and south of Flagler SO
Old 03-13-2007, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

Worst i've had was getting an accelerating too rapidly ticket. I sped up from 15 to 30 m.p.h. in a 30 m.p.h. zone and apparently thats not allowed. Just one of my many run-ins.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

01bird58...Go Giants!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
12 Second Club

Default Police Officers...

I have had good run in's and bad ones.
This happend while driving my 1981 Malibu Classic 4dr
1st time being pulled over, I was doing 57 in 45. My fault.
2nd time. Was leaving the recruiting station (this was 8+yrs ago) for the Marines. I pulled out of the parking spot, starting rolling towards the exit approx ~75ft and turned on my headlights cause it was dusk. Pulled onto the road and not, 300ft later pulled over for driving with headlights off. WTF? Really? I even told him what I did, and he agreed and said I still drove the vehical w/out the lights on for conditions. So, then I proceed to get 4 tickets. 1 Suspended license for and unpaid safety violation? For what? 2 Driving vehical with lights off at night. WTF? 3 Expired registration. (it was june, and it expired that month) WTF again. 4 Passenger with seatbelt off, my buddy in the pass seat.
My buddy drives my car home.
Now, the suspended liscense was THERE screw up because they mixed my name with my dads. (which i informed him to fix his ****)

Heres the kicker. That happend at 8pm. Well, 7hours later im driving to work at 3am. Shouldnt be but, who's going to give me a ride at 3am??
I get pulled over for doing 48 in 45. I'm pissed and really pissed. Well, as soon as the cop walks up he tells me what he pulled me over for and says that my tag is expired too. I say, ok. Then I tell him that I need to tell him something. He lets me speak and I tell him about the prior run in with the cops earlier. Tell him that I need to get to work and stuff and will take care of it when I get off. He still writes me 4 tickets. 1 driving susp. license 2 speeding 3 expired registration 4 illegal tint
well, he says that he'll follow me to my work so i can get there and then I dont drive at all unitl it straightend out.

Conclusion: All were dropped. They were either there ****-ups in the system. I provided proper paperwork for ins. The tint one was thrown by the judge saying how is he going to 'eye' ball it at 3am. Its pretty dark then.

That was all hair rasing, especially for only being 19yrs old.

The best experience with a cop:

July 5, 1999 12:05AM
Leaving a July 4th party. Street racing my buddy in his '86 Iroc. Well, beat him then tried stopping so I could turn to go to my house. Not happeing in a car with just power brakes traveling at a high rate.
So, I slide for about 500ft and hit the back of and 1998 Altima that pulled out in front of me AFTER i was sliding w/all 4 tires locked. Fucked that altima up. Just had to pull my bumper out and straighten my fender a little.
Well, call the cops for the accident and cause the passenger in altima was preggo. Cop shows up, goes and call ambulance for the preggo for safetys sake. Well, talks to me. I tell him, I was speeding, trying to stop to make a right there at that intersection, but slid. He walks out to road and looks at my skid marks in the street lights pretty well lit. comes back, asks how fast I was going. Said i dont know. Speedos kinda screwy cause the cable is bad. he laughs. ****....
He talks to the other driver seperatly. Well then the other driver tries to come over and start **** with me with the cop there and my dad showed up. WTF? I get a ticket for reckless driving.
This is what the cop tells me and the other driver together. To Me: "You, you were going pretty fast there. I dont know, I cant tell obviously. But, you did make an attempt to stop. Granted you left some really long skid marks you were trying to stop. Your not drunk and your being prett good with me. You get this ticket: Reckless driving." Ok. cool..can deal with that.
To him: "WTF is wrong with you? How in the **** can you say you didnt see him when I can clearly see his long *** skid marks. Now, I know for damn sure he was sliding WELL before you pulled out. Yet you still pulled out in front of him. And, there's plenty of street lights here too. Your a idiot. You get these tickets: Reckless driving, 4 tickets for endangerment of persons (1 for him, his wife, his unborn kid and one for me)

Holy Crap. i couldnt believe it. but lucked out on that one. Then thank God I had high *** coverage because they later tried to sue me.

Had plenty more run ins with cops. But I believe it all depends on what your doing, where and how you react when pulled over and how to interact with them.

I have gotten out of tickets by purposly driving a tad further to pull over in a driveway or larger off shoulder area when on busy streets highways. And when asked why I took so long to pull over. stated that A: I dont want to cause and accident B: Put him in any more danger by putting him close to the road by staying on a small shoulder. I usually get a Thanks and a verbal to written warning.

Thank You guys for you help

Ski

BTW, when I got arrested for DV though..I serously got screwed by the cops. To the point that more than officer that responded to the scene actually testified in my favor stating that the offical statement that was filed by the arresting officer had alot of false information about my actions and statements. Which in turn got him fired and my case dropped.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

I got 2 tickets at the same time by two different cops for different things. But they are going to get thrown outta court. One said I was in lane 2 of 5 and the other said I was in lane 5 of 5 at the exact same time.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Default i hate those bastards

i dont get botherd alot in the fbody but mustangs with loud exhaust really pisses va state police off.they hate it when they measure the hood and its rite at the legal limit
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Never been pulled over, had my car over 2 years now. It's luck I guess, because I've done some stupid ****.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by signal12
No. Ormond Beach. Just north of Daytona Beach and south of Flagler SO
wow...dealing with the poodle crowd...thought you were up here
Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Staging Lane

Bikers and breakers. Different crowds, different times of the year
Old 03-14-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

i hate stupid cops i got pulled over once just because i was sitting at a stoplight and a cop was next to me and i inched forward as IF i wanted to race him. When the light turned green my tire spun a TINY and i mean TINY bit but of course he pulled me over. comes up to my window and gives me a warning for my liscense plate frame. so once he was done before i pulled away i walked back there and tore it off and threw it in my car.......stupid cops
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Launching!

I have been pulled over just so the Cop could look at my car. Don't you just love the feeling you get inside when those lights Start flashing...
Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

blue lights make my heart skip a beat
Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by staringback05

my major point is, "you"--people in general....wouldnt and couldnt do what i do for what im paid....but i do it because i love it, and i do make a difference....now if some pissy teenager or disgruntled college student doesnt understand that...that speaks for themselves...

thats the problem right there,

LEO think they're "special" or something; reality dictates that most LEO are undereducated, less intelligent, more agressive, and have more personality problems than the norm. you got bullyed, so now you think your new-found authority (badge&gun) will force people to respect you.

you do it because your a punk that gets jollies from infringing on other people's rights...

case in point; automatically stereo typing college students and teenagers.

thank god for the courts or we'd all truly be victims.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by signal12
Bikers and breakers. Different crowds, different times of the year
thats cool, you still got that TB issue?....if so send me a pm
Old 03-14-2007, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sobaka79
thats the problem right there,

LEO think they're "special" or something; reality dictates that most LEO are undereducated, less intelligent, more agressive, and have more personality problems than the norm. you got bullyed, so now you think your new-found authority (badge&gun) will force people to respect you.

you do it because your a punk that gets jollies from infringing on other people's rights...

case in point; automatically stereo typing college students and teenagers.

thank god for the courts or we'd all truly be victims.

1. im working on my second masters degree right now--- so be sure about what you know before you open your mouth
2.bullied?.. i played every sport in HS, i went to college on a soccer scholarship, and ive never been bullied or bullied anyone---so be sure about what you know before you open your mouth
3.are you in the military? are you a LEO?...no, probably not...99% of people would **** themselve's if they pulled up on a group of black guys fighting and your the only unit...and you have to do something....or you pull up to some trailor where some girls been shot by a rifle at 3am in the morning...it takes a special type of person to do that stuff... youve never seen what a .308 will do to someone's skull when it comes out the back end
4.sterotyping ?...i deal with them all the time, more then any other crowd sooo that would be called knowing the facts and having experience with them....not sterotyping
5.as far as being called a punk, ive been called worse...your comment speaks for itself, as in having to revert to names...id like to see what'd you do if someone spit on you
6.i belive in justice, fairness, and the law....but if you truely believe the courts are going to save you....the i believe your pretty lost....i think alot of people will agree our courts system is in need of repair
7.last thing....MOST COPS ARE EX-MILITARY...so to say their uneducated, unexperienced, and less intelligent?... i want you to edit your post to include to say "marines are stupid, the armys gay, the navy sucks...etc" because if you say MOST cops are crap your harping on them to

now do you have any facts? or just "i hate cops" " this one time in my friends moms car" "i got pulled over for doing 105 in a 10".... just like to say thanks brian for this cool smiley
Old 03-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Launching!

well ive had 1 experience in the 6 months ive had my liscense... first was showing some dumbass kid with an N/A 280ZX what power was. i took off in the walmart parking lot and powerslid probably 50 feet in second gear. i pulled back into a spot and stopped. cop came in front of me... i said ****! he told me to get in the front seat of the car with him. he explained since i had only had my liscense for four days (oops) that hed let me go but the next time he caught me that i should just smile and accept the ticket. scared the **** outta me.