General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a dl and and belltronics radar lets me get a good idea if the fuzz is around kinda like an extra set of eyes
Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, i got pulled over doing 75 in a 55, and DPS only gave me a written warning, so it wasn't too bad, though he didnt see the guy who flew by me earlier...
Old 03-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Banned

For the record:

Cops Do Not Make A Difference.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zo6iscool
For the record:

Cops Do Not Make A Difference.

STFU
Old 03-20-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by staringback05
soooo you dont have a DL?^^^
Oh ....I have a DL!!...... But I get pulled over once more in the next 11 months and I won't have one anymore. lol! I'm just try'n to be more carefull from this point on. The last ticket I didn't deserve. But I had no way to fight it so I said **** it. Paid the ticket and then realized that I just have one more left before I'm FUCKED!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a problem with cops. I do get irritated with them every now and again, but it's usually small crap. Like others have said, a law enforcement career attracts all types.

I myself have had an interesting time with the cops. I'll give a short breakdown of my checkered driving history.

Ticket #1: 53 in a 35. I was hauling *** in my old Nissan, doing 85 in a 35, when I saw the blue lights a little ways back. Got pulled over literally two blocks from my house. Cop told me that he'd cut me a little break, and not write as bad a ticket as he could have. So all in all, Cool cop. I deserved a lot more. Paid the ticket. $118

Ticket #2: 35 in a 25. This was a completely bogus ticket. I hit the top of first gear in my old pickup, which was geared so low that 1st red-lined at 25 mph. There were three bike cops IN FRONT OF ME, FACING THE SAME DIRECTION I WAS GOING, and they were sitting side-by-side in the middle of the road at a stop-sign. None of them even had radar out. There was no way for them to have clocked me. So, this cop was a *****. Paid the ticket. $118

Ticket #3: 53 in a 35 (again), I was coming back from my fiance's house at 7am on the 4th of July, and was going over the hill that is in front of my house, I looked at the speedo of the truck, and I was doing 41. A Ford Ranger blew by me doing at least 10 more mph than I was, as the cop was radaring. I pulled into my driveway, thinking that the Ranger was about to get busted. I was wrong. The cop pulled me over IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY! Then he tried to give me a ticket for no seatbelt after I applied the parking brake, shut the truck off, and then took it off. I was ******* steamed. When I left the house an hour later, he was still sitting in the same spot. I gave him an eat **** and die look while going 30mph in a 35. ******* *****. Paid the ticket. $123

Ticket #4: Drag racing. Got popped racing an S2000, wound up doing 130 in a 45. Cop pulled us both over. Got a lawyer, went to court, beat the ticket, and got nothing on my record. Had to go to driving school though. Funny thing is that the cop admitted in court that they never would have caught me if I hadn't had to stop because of traffic. At the time I got the ticket, the cop told me that the only reason that I wasn't going to jail was because he liked my car. Total cost: $655

I've been pulled over so that they could take a look at my car before, and have always been complemented. Of course, I get watched a lot too. I actually had a sheriff's deputy follow me 15 miles to the county line before, while I had the car set at 53 on cruise, in a 55 zone.

Overall, I respect and appreciate what LEO's do. I have no real problem with them, because as long as I'm behaving, I have never been pulled over, and there's a lot of times that I've been pulled over that I should've gotten a ticket, but didn't, because I was respectful to the officer.

Just behave and play nice, and everything should be okay.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

I kind of want to be a cop but eff going to school for criminal justice.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont have to go to school for criminal justice to be a police officer...i have a degree in sociology
Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by staringback05
you dont have to go to school for criminal justice to be a police officer...i have a degree in sociology
So you had to learn how to be a *****.

Just kidding staringback05. I know that a degree in sociology officially makes you a sociopath.

Don't sic the local law enforcement on me please.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

There are good and bad, just like every profession. This profession is different though, because of the authority involved. So when you get a bad apple, it's really bad news.

I've had a few police experiences, and most were good. In chronological order:

1)A cop drove my mother and I to a gas station when she ran out of gas. Only time I've ever been in the back of a squad car. Great Guy.

2)A cop pulled me over for rolling thru a stop sign when I was newly licensed and driving a crappy accord. Written warning, and talked at length with me, giving me advice as a new driver, etc. Great Guy.

3)Cruising in the 'vette with a bud. 2 Cops in one squad car try to cut me off, turning on their blinker as they come into my lane as if that helps. I maintain my speed ( 5 below limit). They get pissed, harass me at the light, tell me they're in a hurry and have somewhere important to be, and I need to get the f*** out of their way. Yeah. 1 mile later these goons who had somewhere important to be pulled over and harrassed some guy with his dog in the back of his pickup. Shitty Guys.

4)Cruising in the 'vette, get on on on-ramp to I295 (speed limit 70) Hit and stay at 60 mph by 1/2 way point of the ramp. Pulled over and harrased. I had to explain the purpose of the onramp and point out that merging at 45mph would be quite dangerous. Got pissed, mumbled, to me to get the f*** out of here. Real professional. Shitty Guy

5)Late for work, so stressed that I actually blow right by a cop doing 90mph in a 65mph section of the highway. Doh! Pulled over. Any points on your license? No. What were you thinking? I wasn't thinking, I'm late and I was driving like an idiot. Slow Down & Have a nice day. Great Guy.

6)Driving like an a$$hole in the 'vette, way after my bedtime, definately not thinking clearly. Pass 3 people in the oncoming lane and hit 85mph in a 45. Pulled Over. Respectful and apolagetic. Cop was very professional, not to mention lenient. Ticket for "careless driving." No speeding or reckless. Glad he pulled me over and not one of his co-workers with a chip on their shoulder. Learned my lesson, settled down, now drive like a granny most of the time. Getting pulled over that night, and by that cop, was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I'm 24 and look like I'm 12, and drive a 'vette with headers & resonators instead of mufflers. All in all JSO are pretty good. Just have to hope for luck in avoiding the few bad apples. It is important to note that since my last incident, I have not been stopped in 2 years. Driving style counts!!!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

attitude counts....
Old 03-22-2007, 05:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT
So you had to learn how to be a *****.
..ouch!!....... I ended up call'n quits after a few months. Was make'n more money in night clubs personally!.. And still am!! ...But I think about go'n through it again every now and then. The pay may be less but it offers a more stable income.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned

Speaking of nightclubs/bars anyone here abou that 6'1" 250lb off-duty cop in chicago that beat up the 4 foot something 115lb woman after she wouldn't serve him anymore alcohol a few days ago?...to serve and protect after seeing the video tape they bumped it up to a felony...was just going to be a misdemeanor (sp?)...at least the videotape didn't disappear in this case...must have been a cop low on the ladder

Last edited by zo6iscool; 03-22-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zo6iscool
Speaking of nightclubs/bars anyone here abou that 6'1" 250lb off-duty cop in chicago that beat up the 4 foot something 115lb woman after she wouldn't serve him anymore alcohol a few days ago?...to serve and protect after seeing the video tape they bumped it up to a felony...was just going to be a misdemeanor (sp?)...at least the videotape didn't disappear in this case...must have been a cop low on the ladder

I saw that video. Though I did not hear what they said, I agree that nothing there justified his actions. I will say that I hope he does get charged with every thing they can find and is also fired. People like that are what makes the other 98% look bad. Cops that write tickets (no matter how petty you think they are) are just doing their job. Cops who act like he did, do not deserve to have a job in that profession.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by styoung
i live near new bedford mass, there are people getting shot, stabed, killed everyday, why dont they go after the gangbanger and drug dealers with there new suv's with spinneres, and leave use, the hard working america people that pay there salery alone, to protect and serve my ***.
its too much work for them "paperwork". Its easier for us because we bendover for them. But try that with the other fellas they shot at you.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

when people get into fights generaly its simple battery which isnt a felony....however its up to several peoples discretion to either add charges or take them away...mainly the SAO.....

i believe if an officer commits a valid crime like that, he should be punished to the full extent because of the shadow it cast on the rest of us.....perfect example is how most people already have some sort of negative image.....however,

i would defend doing his job acting in good faith, theres to many out here today trying to frame and trying to find anything to discredit an organization....

i almost have to fight a drunk.....blindfolded, no tools, and one hand behind my back...."because its not fair"...and he might get hurt.....
Old 03-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Teching In

A good old fashion cop bashing thread! I love it.

My sons had trouble getting pulled over worse than me, but I did get pulled over for racing one time. The Impalla SS that I just beat drove on when he saw the flashing lights, but the cop followed me as I stopped.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

It just always seems like the truly bad people get away. Whenever I've needed the police they show up 5 minutes after the bad guys are gone and I get to chat with them for a few hours while they fill out a report. If I go out to an abandoned road, you better believe there is a cop sleeping in his car behind a bush that will wake up when I spin them off. Tough job, but I don't really see how most of the stuff (traffic violations) makes a difference, I understand it is necessary though. It seems more police and our legal system just avenge evil, not stop it. The richer you are or more famous the more you can exploit it. But I try and respect everyone, I don't truly know what it's like for anyone else. Most police are repectful to me too. I just don't like getting pulled over when I'm doing literally 3 over and getting passed by other cars, and the cop basically screaming at me about how I was doing 20 over and he could take me to jail etc. There's nothing like being told you were speeding when you weren't. I will answer any question a police officer asks me honestly when pulled over, just remember not everyone is lieing to you. Many police are ex-military people and they seem to carry over this training to civilians, which is not necessary. I like the Andy Griffith cops not Major Dick.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Launching!

i'll show you ho wmuch cops love our cars...how do u post a pic on here and i will show you
Old 03-23-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

they love our cars this much http://www.sspmustang.org/gallery5.htm

Cops would probably get there faster but then everyone who calls in and complains they take too long would be calling in complaining that they saw the police speeding. What to people want? And the problem with "the real criminals" is Cops dont have a cristal ball to tell them who the good guys are and who the bad ones are. A lot of bad people do stupid things and thats how they get caught. The real problem with real criminals is the court sustem. Cops can make a 100% open and closed case hell even have the serious crime on video, and then they only get like 3 years for burglary, 5 years for rape, 20 years for murder. Thats the real problem. Make these crap bags sit in jail for some real time so they cant get out and do it again!

Here is a video of daily police activity that people never get shown.

http://video.ap.org/v/en-ap/v.htm?g=...=scmyr&fg=copy

Last edited by marthastewart; 03-23-2007 at 04:12 PM.