General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
yeah right, i bet their insurance company is going to fix that car after they find out it was in Bullrun. its the same concept if you wreck at the race track.
How is that? They were on a public road, not a track.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
How is that? They were on a public road, not a track.
they were involved in a "competition". look, insurance compaines will look for any way they can to get out of paying for a claim. especially on a 350k car.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BullRun casting videos:

Trans-Am: (The kickass ride)
Trans - Am

Scion: hahaha ("I love to go fast with the turns and all that" "It has nothing to do with how fast or badass your car is")
Scion Video

Lamborghini: Typical
Lambo

Civic: balinnnnnn i owned 180 carzz biachhh all Hyandaz import scene 4 LyFE
CIVIC
Old 03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebirdgm2000
CIVIC
what a tool......he thinks that car has 350WHP from an intake, exhaust, injectors and a port matched head...... what a ***, i hope a ******* raccoon jumps out in front of him and tears his little plastic snow blade clean off.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Banned

after this is all over i'de like to see a build sheet for there car. If they can make it through 4000 miles driving like that, those must be some damn good parts. suspension, tranny, rear, engine etc
Old 03-28-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

they were involved in a "competition". look, insurance compaines will look for any way they can to get out of paying for a claim. especially on a 350k car.
Hitting an animal on a public road is "competition"? Sure the car was in this show, but they were not doing any street racing when they hit the animal, the only thing they might have been doing illegal is speeding 70MPH on a 55MPH road. As long as they cover the deductible, the insurance company will most likely fix it.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the videos. team TA baby! yeah! oh behave
Old 03-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superduty
Congrats on another good run on the 3rd episode!

The F150 guys don't pissed at you.

I'd also like to know how fast you all are driving. I notice the show doesn't show the speed. I am sure it wouldn't be good to have a show where breaking the law is expected. I originally thought it was like a rally where if you go over or under on time you are penalized. But now I see it is who gets there first regardless of how fast.

Does each competitor have a chase/camera car? If so, what are the chase vehicles?
Ok I will try and cover a lot of the questions in this e-mail the best I can. Here goes! You were only allowed to go 5 mph over the (the white rectangle with black numbers) However when you passed you could accelerate over those perameters to make a safe pass. When you saw suggested speed limit signs (Yellow rectangles those are suggested speed signs) so you could still go 5 mph over the posted limit which made the 15mph turns interesting @ 45 mph. This RACE/RALLY is about using your head and paying attention to whats happening around you (plus not making a mistake). Their were 3 point of view cameras in your car/ one to two vans following you as well as a helicopter sometimes three and four vans following microphones 24/7 attached to your ***. A handler assigned to you to make sure you didnt talk to anyone or leave your room, if you needed something you had to ask them. We lost the vans in the twisties thats when the helicopter got you. The Lambo boys if you listen turned off the traction control and the abs if you listen you will hear them say it. DUMB! They could have benefitted from these sate of the art devices and never had to do the doughnut in the challenge. Also Team Lambo was easy to all jacked up and go out and flog his car way too much testosterone, John his passenger was pissed on a regular basis with Jeff. Lets see what else oh the bama boys could have run the car the noise from the air compressing out the plug hole scared them and well they pulled over, I would have ran it to the parts store and fixed it when I got to the checkpoint. I mean its only a 289 not like it was a #'s matching motor? $200,000.00 can buy all of the 289 boat anchors a fella could ever want.lol! So there is what I can tell ya for now.

Mike

GO TEAM T/A!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Another pretty good show..although I still don't understand why there is a plain ford p/u in this type of show at all..It doesn't even look any good.....Dumb.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Another pretty good show..although I still don't understand why there is a plain ford p/u in this type of show at all..It doesn't even look any good.....Dumb.
Hollywood !!!!

On the Burt Reynolds movie their was a pace truck GMC crew cab I think..

Mike
Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What where the cars again?

T/A
Scion
F150
Lambo
Lotus
the 57 Chevy
DumbShitFORD stang
Olds
M3
The piece of **** Import

I'm missing 2!....
Old 03-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Launching!

lets go I fixed it!
Mike
Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
What where the cars again?

T/A
Scion
F150
Lambo
Lotus
the 57 Chevy
DumbShitFORD stang
Olds
M3
The piece of **** Import (Team Honda)
...(Nissan) skyline motor
...(Dodge 68 charger)

I'm missing 0!....
Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Firebirdgm2000
CIVIC
I'm the Black Vin Diesel...........
Old 03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Lets see what else oh the bama boys could have run the car the noise from the air compressing out the plug hole scared them and well they pulled over, I would have ran it to the parts store and fixed it when I got to the checkpoint. I mean its only a 289 not like it was a #'s matching motor? $200,000.00 can buy all of the 289 boat anchors a fella could ever want.lol! So there is what I can tell ya for now.

Mike

GO TEAM T/A!
I agreed with this 100% when I watched the show.. Run it..!!

Thanks for the updates Mike. Love the show.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by malsop
Sure anyone we just want people to enjoy themselves. The owner of the Pontiac store I run wants me to get somthing together so we will do it.

Mike
Cool i will be there, good luck team #09 see you tuesday night...
Chris
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Hey everyone check out Team Trans Am's page @ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2578023 and leave messages for Mike and Morgan on their guestbook. We need to give them as much support as we can!

You can also enter the "Ticket To Drive" contest for a chance to drive in the real Bullrun Rally.

Go Team TA!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

I would have to agree with you on this one. Unless they have the coolest insurance agents in the world, they will probably have to fix it themselves. The car was recently listed on eBay "As Is" and the show was taped months ago. I think it would've been fixed by now if the insurance company was paying for it.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Oh yea,.........almost forgot,........So BOILER_WS6,.....I guess the Lambo doesn't crash then!!.....Damit!!!......You got my hopes all up too!!

Hey I see the show for the first time when you do so I have no idea what's going to happen. He came like 6 inches from the barrier during the challenge. That wouldn't have been good for his car. I feel so bad for that car. It has taken a beating!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

you know it seems like the challenge is nothing for the WS6. its consitently in second place, which is nice.

good luck guys. i saw something called bull run start a couple fo years ago in hellywood blvd, not sure if it was an earlier version of this run. did this replace the gumball run? i might have missed all of this in the past 15 pages.

im watchin and rooting for you guys.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fast01z28
you know it seems like the challenge is nothing for the WS6. its consitently in second place, which is nice.

good luck guys. i saw something called bull run start a couple fo years ago in hellywood blvd, not sure if it was an earlier version of this run. did this replace the gumball run? i might have missed all of this in the past 15 pages.

im watchin and rooting for you guys.

The real Bullrun did not replace the Gumball or any other rally event. It is it's own thing. Similar type of rally though.

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun