General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mike, got another question for you. Is that LS1 hotcam you used during the rally really drivable or did it lope alot like a big cam? I was thinking about getting the ZO6 cam 02-04 and they have similar specs, but id like to keep good drivablity.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stealth1281
Hey Mike, I was just wandering if you would go more than 5mph over the speed limit (without safely passing someone), what were the penalties? Do they just tack on extra time to your overall time, or how did they handle it? I'm sure on different occasions, at least someone would have broken the speeding rule.
They added time to your legg of the race and that would really make you angry..lol

If you broke the rules of the road then they penalized you also.

Oh yes GOLDBERG you should call him up I took him outback and spit on his ***...

Thats right

I ran like hell.
When I first met goldberg we were doing a photo shoot and he was talking smack, being a little intimidated I said I would have to kick his ***. Which he replied I quit beating up skinny people....I thought for a few moments and it kinda ticked me off. So i said to him I wasnt one of the practiced pansies I would really hit back and I may not kick his *** but I would leave a mark. He told me (after spitting out a huge wad of chew) I like you man!

Crazy MF LOL

Mike
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
Hey mike, got another question for you. Is that LS1 hotcam you used during the rally really drivable or did it lope alot like a big cam? I was thinking about getting the ZO6 cam 02-04 and they have similar specs, but id like to keep good drivablity.
The ls1 hocam is lopy but really driveable. The z06 cam I tried and the hotcam made more horsepower and I liked it better. The roadracing cam I think is the best. BUT IT THUMPS A LITTLE HARDER
Old 04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brienjustin
hey Mike, didnt you guys have black rims on the car in the first 2 or 3 episodes. I noticed in the last episode that was aired, you went back to stock rims. Did you do it for the tires?
Yes we were flipping between the rims and tires. We brought a different set of tires mounted to skinny rims. The reason is that we had snow tires that were all sipped out and cut with a special performance compound. VERY NICE!
Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by malsop
Yes we were flipping between the rims and tires. We brought a different set of tires mounted to skinny rims. The reason is that we had snow tires that were all sipped out and cut with a special performance compound. VERY NICE!

gotcha, i thought for sure there was black rims on there, i was just curious. Saw a preview for the new bullrun episode on tuesday night, it says you guys are going up againts the Lotus in a challenge. Hope you guys took the victory. Go team T/A baby.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Any predictions for Episode 5?
Old 04-06-2007, 09:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im going to go with they all die again..after seeing grindhouse thats my answer for everything
Old 04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Team chevy is gone. Unless A) they win a compention or B) someone breaks down and they luck out...again.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
Team chevy is gone. Unless A) they win a compention or B) someone breaks down and they luck out...again.
My prediction is this thing has more twists than the dragon.

Nothing is what it seems

Team after Team Maybe two at a time maybe they crash into each other or someone goes bonkers.

Dunno

HHAHAHAHAHAAHH

Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have noticed it has crazy twist's in it. I noticed in the next episode that the BMW boys get ticked at each other and start shouting. Also i saw that you are in the next compentation, pedal to the metal!!
Old 04-07-2007, 02:59 AM
On The Tree

Default New Pictures

Hey everyone Morgan and I took some new pictures of the Team 09 car. Hope you enjoy!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fccs
im going to go with they all die again..after seeing grindhouse thats my answer for everything
...once again, good prediction. A little off topic but how was that movie??
Old 04-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

hey i've been watching the show since day one.. loving it and of course rooting for the fellow F-body.. go Team 09 Trans Am!...

also awesome to see Mike and others from behind the scenes here on LS1tech and hear some behind the scenes tidbits... looking forward to next weeks episode and i hope you guys do great in the challenge.. i'll be keeping track of this thread for more good info from Mike & the others

also..Lafayette aint to far from the west chicago 'burbs.. i'm thinking about heading down there one of these tuesdays... they have the 35cent wings on tuesdays down there at BW3 Lafayette?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
...once again, good prediction. A little off topic but how was that movie??
1st movie that planet terror was fricken hilarious beyond belief 2nd movie was a lil boring mostly talk but man was that funny.
Old 04-07-2007, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fccs
1st movie that planet terror was fricken hilarious beyond belief 2nd movie was a lil boring mostly talk but man was that funny.

lol, i just seen them and I couldn't agree more!
Old 04-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by litle8
Holy **** fellas, I just got home and I felt it necessary to share this with you guys(but the site was down!!!). Last night I went and met Mike from team T/A, the most down to earth guy I have ever met, and just as promised had two cold *** beers for me as promised, sat down and ate with my cousin and I for about 45 minutes. I was impressed with his knowledge on the Fbods, and LS1,LS2 in particular. A real car guy, without a doubt. After talking to his possee( sales team and mechanics) from his pontiac dealer he has a lot of money tied in that red WS6 we see on the show, a few sets of heads, a few cams, suspension components you name it he's done it. We watched the show, and afterwards took us to his dealer(mind you its now closed) and showed us his "inventory/toyz".

Mike I was really taken by your generosity and the way you took in 2 people who you just met, and showed us a good time! I won't for get it and we hope we'll do it again next week, to see your challenge!! PS.. I think my cousin is taking that T/A next week!!!! That T/A is Just SICK!!!! thanks for a really good time AND THAT CAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude thanks for the props! We really appreciated you all coming down. Got the cam in yet?

Rock on
Old 04-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bjamick
I just watched the show and it was the one where the Lambo broke or whatever I must say it's a freaking awesome show mostly just bc theres a TA in it, but im kinda partial to red TA's . Keep it going team TRANS AM WOOOHOOOOO.
Booooooooom

Get it done!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanna see the BMW boys bitch slap each other!!................ When I was watching the previews for the next upcoming episode I saw it from a distance and the volume was down.....The argument looked soo stupid but it was funny cuz I imagined one screaming at the other for cheating on him and charging up for a good ol fashion "BITCH SLAP!!"
Old 04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Good luck guys!!! well team.. SO can u or cant u speed?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
Hey everyone Morgan and I took some new pictures of the Team 09 car. Hope you enjoy!
nice boiler, now get some pictures of her.

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun