General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Is this a scam?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
Schlomo? You should mail him a picture of your ***.

I think these guys mess with people like that (maybe just Nigerian scammers though) and sometimes they even get the scammers to send them money! Some of them are boring but some are hilarious.

http://www.419eater.com/
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheLSwon
Gotcha. Arent there third party agencies that hold the money till you get the car?
They like to use proxy escrow accounts I'm like assuming the one he's suggesting to use.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by greysteel_M6
They like to use proxy escrow accounts I'm like assuming the one he's suggesting to use.
Haha whats that mean? He wants to used some squaretrade.com
Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

He wants to used some squaretrade.com
If they're in another country and want to use Square Trade... it's a scam. 100%.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jbuerke142
If they're in another country and want to use Square Trade... it's a scam. 100%.
Why is that? I believe you I just want to be educated.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

There is no ******* square trade and any link you go to will be gone shortly after u give em ur money!!!!!!!!!! REGARDS
LAST WORD IS ALWAYS REGARDS THESE ******* USE A MANUAL 4 THIS ****!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by m_ghonim
There is no ******* square trade and any link you go to will be gone shortly after u give em ur money!!!!!!!!!! REGARDS
LAST WORD IS ALWAYS REGARDS THESE ******* USE A MANUAL 4 THIS ****!!!
Yes, there is a Square Trade. It is what they claim it is... a company used to help buyers/sellers feel confident is online deals. However it's used in scams probably more often than it's used legitimately.

Why is that? I believe you I just want to be educated.
It just is. That's what they do. They used it to make people feel more comfortable with the deal.

This is no different than the cashier's check method they use against people selling cars.

This is what these people do for a living. They don't have other jobs, so they've thought of all sorts of ways to run this ****. It is 100% a scam.

Like the last guy said, "Regards" is a commonly used phrase. Choppy English. And they ask you when you're going to send payment A LOT.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Launching!

scamscamscam, Same **** happened to me (almost) on craigslist when trying to find a room mate. Some crap with I need your account info to deposit a money order (from England) I just blew it off and sent a nasty email. Funny thing was though when I re-ran the ad a few months later i got hit with three different scammers from England. Go figure, What is this world coming to???? Be clear of all that drama man, Only buy and have it shipped if it's domestic (in the states) and from a reputable dealer or franchise.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a joke!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM

Unhappy He got me!

Hi, I cant believe what I have just read.This guy actually scammed me out of £3600 in England. Of course hindsight is a great thing, so I dont need to be told how stupid I am.i recieved emails from "ebay motors", and having dealt with them before they looked so real.Just wondering if you have any other info on the guy,do you still have the emails or the ad? it would help alot.Thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Default damn scammers

Hey guys, This **** is too real and these people never give up. Be careful because the idiots will also try the same **** if your selling your car. I had an 87 trans am that i restored and was selling. Some guy got to me from the ad i posted in the autotrader. He actually sent me a check for 3k over my asking price saying to send him back the left over amount so he could pay shipping... what a joke. i had some people look up the bank his check was made from. of course it didnt even exist! And like someone already posted, he had bad grammer in his emails and always ended with "Regards." So i woulda lost a car, and 3k while he lost nothing and gained a car and some money. Bastards i tell ya. Be careful!