General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quite boys school is in session, now does anybody else wanna make a ignorant comment?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TrAb
Hmmm wait till i blow the motor or trans you say, well i just rebuilt the engine myself and have pulled the trans with ease more than once. So uh yeah, wont be a shock to me.

You never did answer his question, as to why you just rebuilt your engine. Please tell us..

Were you a member of the spun bearing club, too?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TrAb
quite boys school is in session, now does anybody else wanna make a ignorant comment?
How were any of my posts ignorant? All you are doing is showing your lack of ability to have an arguement. All you are comming back with is smart *** remarks as if you have proved something ?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

!!!!!!

Originally Posted by aznspeed
LOL?
hah... hey another one with a sense of humor! good ****

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
How were any of my posts ignorant? All you are doing is showing your lack of ability to have an arguement. All you are comming back with is smart *** remarks as if you have proved something ?
i think it was intended for me lol due to the joke of my lack of schooling ? ahah

and back on topic... BlackTA98 LS1 ---> your car is still awsome.its an awesome car and a good pick. didnt they make your car to rival the TTsupra, TT300zx, and rx7? judging from your competition, you know your car rawks dont let other people tell u otherwise!!
Old 03-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Syn
On The Tree

I have owned a few TT 3s and id have to say that the Fbodies handle better personally. Yes a TT 3s can come out of a turn faster but a properly driven fbody can do some amazing things.
My TA has quite a bit more body roll and doesn't feel nearly as planted as the VR4 did, but to each his own. Some people just prefer RWD cars and I can see why--oversteer is easier to correct for than understeer (as with an AWD car like the 3s). I personally liked the VR4s handling MUCH more though. Everything was tighter and it didn't feel as sloppy.

A TT 3s is typically a mid to high 13 second car if it is driven right, as to where the Fbody is usually a low 13 high 12 second car if driven right.
Once again I don't think this is even a valid point. Both cars are so close stock in the 1/4 that they really can't be compared on this. And hardly any F-bodies hit 12s stock. Maybe with drag radials, but that's not stock. From personal observation at the 1/4 mile track in my town, most stock f-bodies pull mid-high 13s.

The rarety factor is really a joke, if you wanted a rare import you should have bough an rx7, or supra. The 3s is not exactly rare; more rare than an fbody sure; but rare? not reallly
This point I completely disagree on. There were ~150,000 total 3000GT and Stealth cars produced combined, only 15,000 of which were twin turbo cars. This makes them MUCH rarer than most cars. I just liked having something that I didn't see multiple clones of every single day. When I see a 3000GT going down the road, it's usually the only one I see that week. With f-bodies you see more than a half dozen every time you drive. Sure RX7s and Supras are rarer, but that doesn't mean 3000GTs/Stealths aren't also rare.

It's nice to debate with someone else knowledgeable about both platforms for once amidst the ignorant mudslinging so prevalent in this thread
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Teching In

I live in Memphis, a pretty damn big city and in my time here 4-5 years now, I know of less than 5 Twin Turbo VR-4's or Stealth's... that's it.

and i've seen a bazillion lt1 or ls1 cars... there's absolutely no comparison
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Teching In

And mellon, you are seriously going to tell me you dont see a " i jumped timing and bent some valves" on 3si? Come on guys be honest here
Ok, so I have seen a couple of threads on bent valves. And yes, the "just joined the spun bearing club" threads seem to pop up often. Personally, my engine got almost 200,000 kays out of it which I think is a good life considering she was a daily and I beat on her daily. But I really do think it comes down to prior life and how YOU look after your ride as to it's life cycle and longevity.

Scotty
Old 03-31-2007, 10:38 PM
12 Second Club

Shipping mine from Arizona soon

It's a 1994 vr4 with 60k miles on it
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VtecDis
aha look here *****..actually no i din graduate, i cant read or right neeether. i only know 5th grade math to. but i cud care less cuz this iznt a profeshunal forum that needs scien**** to post astrology and besides im 25 and own a biziness. yay for me! LMFAO. and its all short hand (typing?) and dont worry..i can say ***** cuz i am one too
When it boils down to racist comments, ignorance is bliss. But hey, if thats how you "roll" then so be it. Everyone with a brain that reads your posts can see how you are. But hey, if you are 25 and still in adolescence you are not alone.

You probably think "ya whatever..blah blah blah". I'll never be as cool as you driving with your little black gloves in your TA on your myspace webpage. Infact, I look forward to your cool little comeback.

Last edited by aznspeed; 03-31-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have previously owned a 94 supra and a 94 rx7 needamonkey. How is the rarity factor of a vr4 a joke?? I rarely see them, and I see about 5-10 ls1 f bodys a day.

Mabye the reason that there are a " handful" of people in the 10's is because that there are not many TT 3s's on the roads? Half of the people that run fast times in f body's just strap on a huge shot of nitrous anyways, which certainly doesnt impress me.

And how you think the f body handles better than a vr4? ROFL . I drive the same turns that I drove the trans am on, and I can tell you there would have been a disaster in the t/a if I took the turns at the same mph as the vr4 .

Craz28 - nice vr4, that color is hott
It's funny how a forum shows its true colors . Oh well, it's nice to be the underdog and see the faces of ignorant domestic owners when they get stomped by a v6.

Last edited by BlackTA98 LS1; 04-01-2007 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Teching In

I think you vr4 fanbois are forgetting the point

LS1 is God. Thats why it cant make 700whp on stock Longblock
We have a few turbo/nitrous 408's around here and they are smart enough not to pretend LS1 is God. Thats why their motors blew the **** up/dropped valves/leaked from the crankshaft etc. Thats why they threw away the LS1 block so they can
Old 04-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Syn
My TA has quite a bit more body roll and doesn't feel nearly as planted as the VR4 did, but to each his own. Some people just prefer RWD cars and I can see why--oversteer is easier to correct for than understeer (as with an AWD car like the 3s). I personally liked the VR4s handling MUCH more though. Everything was tighter and it didn't feel as sloppy.

Once again I don't think this is even a valid point. Both cars are so close stock in the 1/4 that they really can't be compared on this. And hardly any F-bodies hit 12s stock. Maybe with drag radials, but that's not stock. From personal observation at the 1/4 mile track in my town, most stock f-bodies pull mid-high 13s.

This point I completely disagree on. There were ~150,000 total 3000GT and Stealth cars produced combined, only 15,000 of which were twin turbo cars. This makes them MUCH rarer than most cars. I just liked having something that I didn't see multiple clones of every single day. When I see a 3000GT going down the road, it's usually the only one I see that week. With f-bodies you see more than a half dozen every time you drive. Sure RX7s and Supras are rarer, but that doesn't mean 3000GTs/Stealths aren't also rare.

It's nice to debate with someone else knowledgeable about both platforms for once amidst the ignorant mudslinging so prevalent in this thread
As you stated it depends what you consider good handling; a F body can be corrected better can you can drift the car around corners and correct it. To each his own on that i guess

In the 1/4 mile if you want to have that debate most TT 3s i see at the track run 13.9-14.6 in the quarter mile. Realisctially the TT 3s is typically a high 13 second car and a ls1 is usually a low 13 second car. Also one traps at around 100 ( some 99 some 103 ) where an f body typically turns the clock in around 105-106; there is no question which car is faster stock. Granted mitsu was the **** in 91 when there cars were running 13's and most american cars were turning mid 14's; but in the 9 years of production what did they do to improve the performance? Raise the boost 2lbs? Great job guys; how about some better injectors, a better fuel pump, a turbo that is not the size of a tenis ball, effecient intercoolers, or a computer that is not a bitch to mess with. ( hell they even had the parts sitting right there from the DSM's

Rarity; ok the TT 3s is a fairly rare car, now tell me whats the difference appearance wise in a TT 3s and an NA 3s.

1. Spoiler ( on the 91-96 and again in 99 )
2. The wheels
3. The front aero spoiler that usually breaks anyways
4. Some brakes
5. The TT mitsus have mitsubishi on the calipers and the larger rotors in general
6. A sticker that says twin turbo and one that says vr-4
7. on the RT Stealths the NA had single exhaust the TT had dual

Point being all these things are things that an enthusiast of the car would know, not your typical car person; so to most they see a pretty decent amount of 3s's.

Originally Posted by BlackTA98 LS1
I have previously owned a 94 supra and a 94 rx7 needamonkey. How is the rarity factor of a vr4 a joke?? I rarely see them, and I see about 5-10 ls1 f bodys a day. .
Refer above
Mabye the reason that there are a " handful" of people in the 10's is because that there are not many TT 3s's on the roads? Half of the people that run fast times in f body's just strap on a huge shot of nitrous anyways, which certainly doesnt impress me.
Hmm not a really good arguement seeing as most of the TT 3s's in the tens are down 10 months out of the year, if you want to argue that lets look at the list off the top of my head
1.Omar Adrenilinevr4 ( who has what do you know parted his car to move on )
2. Adamvr4
3. Trevor ( while his did hold up pretty well )
4. Matt M ( that guy is a god at driving he doesnt count lol )
5. 3sx crew, have a drag car that runs 9.75 ish
6. I think Mellon is there

Im sure the list has grown, but funny thing is- most of the people there who drive the cars that you argue are so great because of the fit and finish of the interior, have gutted that same interior to get those numbers.
Even if they strap a big shot of nitrous; a ten second car is a ten second car; and they will usually be daily driven and up and runnin 95% of the year
Oh well, it's nice to be the underdog and see the faces of ignorant domestic owners when they get stomped by a v6.
That is such a lame comment; number one; yes you may stomp on a "domestic" sometimes; but there are a hell of a lot of other domestic guys that will stop on you. And the hwole "get stomped by a v6" give me a break that such a lame comment, thats like the guy you just beat in a v8 comming to you and saying "yeah well you have turbos, im just NA". Weak

[QUOTE=BlackTA98 LS1]
And how you think the f body handles better than a vr4? ROFL . I drive the same turns that I drove the trans am on, and I can tell you there would have been a disaster in the t/a if I took the turns at the same mph as the vr4 .
[QUOTE]
The fault of that lies between the seat and the steering wheel.

Last edited by neodamonkey; 04-01-2007 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aznspeed
When it boils down to racist comments, ignorance is bliss. But hey, if thats how you "roll" then so be it. Everyone with a brain that reads your posts can see how you are. But hey, if you are 25 and still in adolescence you are not alone.

You probably think "ya whatever..blah blah blah". I'll never be as cool as you driving with your little black gloves in your TA on your myspace webpage. Infact, I look forward to your cool little comeback.
thought u could take a joke. Guess not! and ya im racist, against my own kind LOL. im not racist, i hate everyone equally!
fact is, you have made this a thats so pls from the first page and stick to the subject matter. personally, about your comments toward me? i dont think anyone in this forum. so please, just when its directed toward me. i dont need little peons like you- failing horribly in an attempt to put me down, so you can feel better about your very own miserable life. as for a "cool" comeback...i think im especially cool cuz i use "quotation marks" yeah, thats how i "roll"... AHAH...or i heard a girl once say, how about i stab your face and play with your blood. was that cool enough for you little man? LOL
Old 04-01-2007, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by craz28
Shipping mine from Arizona soon

It's a 1994 vr4 with 60k miles on it

Good grief......... You couldn't find a better place to park it, minus the boulders and steel bar sitting under the edge of your car? That parking spot looks like a disaster just waiting to happen.

Get your car to safer/better ground, please!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car. If I ever planned on a jump to the import world, the VR4 would be my weapon of choice as well.

Just a note to all the 3KGT/Stealth visitors; don't get so hung up over the comments here. You should all know that a forum can never be accurately represented by a few ignorant trolls in the APPEARANCE forum. The only forum worse would probably be kills. And seriously, comparing LS1tech to import forums (of comparable user base) overall? You've got to be SHITTING me!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

People in this thread need to relax. It isn't like he traded his TA in for a Civic with a fartcan.

If everyone had the exact same taste, we would all be driving the same car and modding it the same way. That's an extremely obvious point, yet so many people still get defensive when they see someone with a car that isn't the same as their's. Whether it is a VR4, a Supra, or a Mustang or whatever, there is no reason to get defensive (unless ofcourse it is a Civic with a fartcan )

I like TA's more, but Stealths and VR4's can be done nicely.

As seen here. Nice looking ride.

And here. That's just plain sexy.