General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like i said earlier just leave, you guys just want to start problems. I don't go to import forums and talk **** about who's car is better. Thats all I'm saying. And grow up about the mullet, KnowThyneEnemy
Old 03-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Teching In

like I said, the 35K figure comes closer to making sense now that you told us it includes the price of the car, paint and other thing most would assume he already has.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phoenixv8
Like i said earlier just leave, you guys just want to start problems. I don't go to import forums and talk **** about who's car is better. Thats all I'm saying. And grow up about the mullet, KnowThyneEnemy

I've been a good member of this forum long before you were here and I'm not starting trouble, I'm just educating some people about the 3/S platform so you won't sound so ignorant when you speak about it next time. I've provided nothing but facts and dispelled some common myths. I don't see where I'm out of line.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Find one of my posts where I bagged a TA or said which car was better. I wont mention what I think as it's not relevant to the topic at hand. Your boys turned on one of your own on your own forum. All we are doing is getting the information straight.

As for growing up, you need to re-read your own comments champ!

Scotty
Old 03-31-2007, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mellon
like I said, the 35K figure comes closer to making sense now that you told us it includes the price of the car, paint and other thing most would assume he already has.
No.... If I had a guy come into my shop and said he had dumped "x" amount of money into his car, I would take it as that he had that much in the car(not just mods), and not read more into it than what he said. Only 3s/rice guys think in your terms(mods only + car price), from what I can see.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

WOW, you where here 6 months before me with 23 posts. Thats impressive and most have come in this thread. They should just lock this thread.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
this is good conversation/debate, I don't see a need to lock it. some people might find it enlightening.

Wow, I feel sorry for the guy that bought the VR-4 now, I had no idea that someone changing platforms would be so upsetting that someone would call for it to be locked so others don't follow suit and come to the dark side *gasp* imports!

I'm just teasing but seriously why ask for it to be locked? there's some good information here.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tim Noel
No.... If I had a guy come into my shop and said he had dumped "x" amount of money into his car, I would take it as that he had that much in the car(not just mods), and not read more into it than what he said. Only 3s/rice guys think in your terms(mods only + car price), from what I can see.

it's just symantecs, let's not get hung up on that anymore, it's just a waste of energy. ok?
Old 03-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Teching In

WOW, you where here 6 months before me with 23 posts. Thats impressive and most have come in this thread. They should just lock this thread.
haha well I was here first
Old 03-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Please do tell us why it should be locked. This IS a good discussion, minus some ignorance. But we are grown ups right? Well, most of us......

Scotty
Old 03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Teching In

I can't believe people refuse to like, or even admit another vehicle deserves an ounce of respect because it isn't what they drive...

Too many people believe everything they hear on the internet, and can't get off their high horse....

Too much hypocrisy in here too..
(aka this might be weak, but we can fix it.. ) It goes for both platforms.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why dont you guys go to an import forum. This is an ls1 hang out, bottom line your cars are ugly, get the f##% out of here.
Because I have been a member on here for some time and thought it would be cool to post a new car that I got. Apparently some of you guys are too stuck up in your f bodys to accept that I sold one for an import though.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackTA98 LS1
Hey man, did you finally get a trans am?

The car is actually very clean, the pics just dont show it for whatever reason. I am going to drag it pretty soon and I am assuming low to mid 13's as its mostlu stock.
holy **** !! so many fkn haters!..damn yall, dont playa hate, congratulate ! hah.
but ya man, got a '02 WS6 for a really good price. M6 NMB. just got a pair of 10" Alpine Type R's.. next is gonna be a repaint. i know what your prolly going to say, but i dont give a fugg...! Im gonna copy your style... high gloss black with black Z06 rims w/ chrome lips... then im going to start modding her
but anyway, congrats on you new toy man, it WILL be a bad mfer once you the mod her... i say u run all the haters on here and show em up !!
that AWD helps TONS on a str8 away.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Plenty of people on 3si buy vettes and nobody gives them a hard time... it's just a matter of being open minded. Sure I'd rather someone not leave the platform but like I said earlier alot of them sell their GM product and come back or some have one of each. It doesn't have to be so black and white.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VtecDis
holy **** !! so many fkn haters!..damn yall, dont playa hate, congratulate ! hah.
but ya man, got a '02 WS6 for a really good price. M6 NMB. just got a pair of 10" Alpine Type R's.. next is gonna be a repaint. i know what your prolly going to say, but i dont give a fugg...! Im gonna copy your style... high gloss black with black Z06 rims w/ chrome lips... then im going to start modding her
but anyway, congrats on you new toy man, it WILL be a bad mfer once you the mod her... i say u run all the haters on here and show em up !!
that AWD helps TONS on a str8 away.

Damn dude, have you graduated high school grammar? Reading what you just posted was painful.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by aznspeed
Damn dude, have you graduated high school grammar? Reading what you just posted was painful.
aha look here *****..actually no i din graduate, i cant read or right neeether. i only know 5th grade math to. but i cud care less cuz this iznt a profeshunal forum that needs scien**** to post astrology and besides im 25 and own a biziness. yay for me! LMFAO. and its all short hand (typing?) and dont worry..i can say ***** cuz i am one too
Old 03-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Syn
Well I guess I see what I've grown to expect from some of the members here, and then there are some compliments too.

For those of you who keep saying "Why oh why would you sell an LS1 for that? Such a downgrade!" etc. etc. I would like to ask you, have you ever owned or extensively driven a VR4 (or Stealth TT)? As my sig says I used to have a '92 VR4 before I got my '99 TA, and I can wholeheartedly say it was much more fun to drive. It wasn't more fun to own, as my particular car had over 150k miles, 5 owners, and wasn't treated very well, but that can be said about any car with a bad past. I plan on getting another VR4 (with low miles and 1-2 owners like my TA was) after I'm out of school, that's how much I liked it.

I do like the TA too, but each car has plusses and minuses and I think the VR4 had more plusses. It handled better and in my opinion looks better. It definitely got more looks and was 5000 times rarer so people actually asked about it which I always enjoyed. AWD owns for winter driving and for pure fun on the street, you don't have to worry about getting an 'unsafe start' ticket everytime you feel like taking off from a stoplight because you just grip and go. 1/4 mile times are nearly identical, and if anybody wants to start up that argument just don't even bother--both cars run in the 13s and both cars stock have seen anywhere from low 13s to high 13s to low 14s depending on driver. I agree from a roll the TA is quicker, as it's putting out more horsepower to the wheels and weighs a couple hundred pounds less.

I guess I don't expect many people to read this post, but please don't say things like "OMG LS1>all, you downgraded so much!" before you even know what the other car is. In my opinion they are both so close in price and performance and looks that both cars are great! Don't dismiss something just because of where it was made either!
I have owned a few TT 3s and id have to say that the Fbodies handle better personally. Yes a TT 3s can come out of a turn faster but a properly driven fbody can do some amazing things.

A TT 3s is typically a mid to high 13 second car if it is driven right, as to where the Fbody is usually a low 13 high 12 second car if driven right.

The rarety factor is really a joke, if you wanted a rare import you should have bough an rx7, or supra. The 3s is not exactly rare; more rare than an fbody sure; but rare? not reallly

And mellon, you are seriously going to tell me you dont see a " i jumped timing and bent some valves" on 3si? Come on guys be honest here
Originally Posted by TrAb
Hmmm wait till i blow the motor or trans you say, well i just rebuilt the engine myself and have pulled the trans with ease more than once. So uh yeah, wont be a shock to me.
why did you do that?

Originally Posted by KnowThyneEnemy
Dude, I was not going to say anything, but I just gotta.... So you had a handful of 3s's right? Just because YOU could not keep them mechanically sound DOES NOT mean it is a platform problem! I have gone thru 2 output shafts. Oh, guess what, I know others that haven't busted one.

And when **** does go, the platform has grown so much over the years that parts are not that hard to get hold of, and mostly wont damage the wallet.

The amount of owners that own a 3s as a daily aswell as a project OR race car are many. Why would they do that if it were costing them so much?

So, how about YOU listen for once, and stop belching bullshit that happened to you, and some others you heard thru 'the grapevine' and then pushing that dribble on everyone else!

Oh, and just coz your 'old' doesn't mean you 'know it all'!

And please explain what a "Chingy" is.......

Scotty
People keep the cars because they love them; again search 3si and you will find plenty of people that state that they should sell their car they just can not bring themselves to it. Great cars, but far from reliable ( hell there is even a "spun bearing club"

Originally Posted by TrAb
mellon u are gonna hurt somebodies feelings with these facts...
Hurt someones feelings? 10.5 is fast for a 3s ( again only a handfull of people ) but it is not mind blowing fast. And if its only $8,300 and is so easy to do why arent there more 10 second TT 3s's running around?
Old 03-31-2007, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by neodamonkey
I have owned a few TT 3s and id have to say that the Fbodies handle better personally. Yes a TT 3s can come out of a turn faster but a properly driven fbody can do some amazing things.

A TT 3s is typically a mid to high 13 second car if it is driven right, as to where the Fbody is usually a low 13 high 12 second car if driven right.

The rarety factor is really a joke, if you wanted a rare import you should have bough an rx7, or supra. The 3s is not exactly rare; more rare than an fbody sure; but rare? not reallly

And mellon, you are seriously going to tell me you dont see a " i jumped timing and bent some valves" on 3si? Come on guys be honest here

why did you do that?

People keep the cars because they love them; again search 3si and you will find plenty of people that state that they should sell their car they just can not bring themselves to it. Great cars, but far from reliable ( hell there is even a "spun bearing club"

Hurt someones feelings? 10.5 is fast for a 3s ( again only a handfull of people ) but it is not mind blowing fast. And if its only $8,300 and is so easy to do why arent there more 10 second TT 3s's running around?

Finally, someone else can be honest and face the true facts and see I was not giving false information about the 3s platform.

They are not myths, mellon, they are factual cases right before your very eyes if you go look. You know where.... Testimony from the poor suckers who bought into a 3s, only to find out the hard way that there are routine issues with the trans, bent valves, and spun bearings and toss in the lifter noise and ecu issues.

Last edited by Tim Noel; 03-31-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VtecDis
aha look here *****..actually no i din graduate, i cant read or right neeether. i only know 5th grade math to. but i cud care less cuz this iznt a profeshunal forum that needs scien**** to post astrology and besides im 25 and own a biziness. yay for me! LMFAO. and its all short hand (typing?) and dont worry..i can say ***** cuz i am one too
LOL?