General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ONE year anniversary for KOCKYPRODUCTS baby!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ONE year anniversary for KOCKYPRODUCTS baby!

Can't believe we have been at this for one year, but here we are (a big THANKS goes out to all the support and business we have received from LS1tech. )

For those of you that see us posting in here from time to time, but don't know a whole hell of alot about us, here some back ground and what we have accomplised in the past 12 months:

There are 3 of us trying to make a go at this…. Myself (Keith Bishop), Richard & Tony. All of us are hot-rod V8 guys, and each of us share the responsibility of running this business. I handle the storing, shipping of our products and the general running of the day-to-day operation, Richard handles everything from the design aspect of the shirts, and Tony is our resident website guru (and Corona drinking bum. )

We thought of the idea for Kocky products mainly because there was no other company out there producing a line of t-shirts and apparel marketed directly to the ‘hot-rod’ scene. We thought a line of funny t-shirts intended to be worn at car shows, events, races, swap meets (wherever other fellow enthusiasts gather) might be a good idea, and it was something that wasn’t currently being done (which was one of the things that most appealed to us; it was important that we find a niche that we can call our own.)

We started out with 4 designs, and now we have over 50. What has been most successful for us, and most popular, are the “model specific” shirts that feature specific car/model along with a ‘kocky’/funny slogan, (like our newest LS1/Camaro shirt: )

Along the way we also discovered what DOESN’T work… Although the 'ricer guys' seemed like they would be the PERFECT market for us… (they are younger- possibly more apt to wear t-shirts like this(?), and definitely more ‘kocky’) it never really took off the way it did with the domestic guys. Just as well, since we are 'domestic' guys ourselves this is what we would rather be doing anyway. :rofl:

I believe one of the biggest reasons we are still here is our customer service and the fact that we are not a large faceless company thats not 'in touch' with their customers. The fact that we have hot-rods ourselves and share the same passion and excitement of our customers I believe goes a long way.

Anyway, we just wanted to glout alittle and pat ourselves on the back.

(uh, warning, spam alert. )Also, to help 'celebrate' our first year, we are running the best sale we have ever done to date: 40% all shirts (makes them $11.39 each.) (Enter the coupon code "BIRTHDAY" on the checkout page to obtain the discount... and there is a 2 shirt minimum )

(here is a link to our new thread in the advertisers section.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...34#post6746834 )

Thanks LS1tech for the past (and future) business and support!!!

Keith & Richard & Tony.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

way to go, i wish you many many more years of good busness.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow those ricer shirts are hilarous. I'm going to have to order a few, you've got some great shirts. Looks like you guys have a good start going for only one year of buisness.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Launching!

you guys have some kick *** shirts man ill be buying a few
Old 03-29-2007, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

Bigger pics maybe!? Cant read/hard to see the designs! +1 for the store.. I may score a couple..
Old 03-29-2007, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys!

Good suggestion on the bigger pics.... We are working on a 'photo gallery' where you can click on it to show you a real picture (featuring a real BABE )wearing the shirts. That should be up in about in a month on the site.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats! i definitely want to order a shirt one day. gotta get the credit card payments down first.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
congrats! i definitely want to order a shirt one day. gotta get the credit card payments down first.
I hear ya!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Congratulations and I hope ya'll stay in business and I wish yall the best of luck. Im gonna order some shirts this week.

Where the LT1 shirt?

Another suggestion- make a firing order shirt like the ford one for the regular SB chevy guys and then one for the LS1 guys.

Last edited by LT1powered89; 04-01-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats! A year goes by pretty quick

Tony
Old 04-02-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

I bought the "bet your fwd cant do this". To which my fiancee replied, your z28 wont do that.......She has no idea what she just opened up, lol
Old 04-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83
I bought the "bet your fwd cant do this". To which my fiancee replied, your z28 wont do that.......She has no idea what she just opened up, lol

Your fiancee is funny.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:20 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Congrats on your business and we are here to support ya.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ericbigmac83

LOL!! (you can always by her the same shirt, ya know. We now have that shirt available in womens sizes. )

thanks guys, and the 40% off ($11.37 each) will last for 2 more weeks.

Keith
Old 04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1powered89
Where the LT1 shirt?

Another suggestion- make a firing order shirt like the ford one for the regular SB chevy guys and then one for the LS1 guys.
we are going to be doing several more GM shirts (including 2 or maybe 3 LT1 shirts) before our ad hits in GMHTP next month.

We are also doing the firing order shirt for SBC guys as well.

THanks!