General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

This is what happens when you park in a parking garage at your university (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Syn
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited
I'm assuming these kids were probably college level too, you would think that their juvenile delinquency days would be over. Time to grow up and fit in with the big boys, not act like a little kid!

Also, it doesn't look like you had window tent either...NEVER put subs, systems, or anything else expensive in these cars without window tent. Go as dark as you can go! Yes, it may be illegal, but 9 times out of 10, a cop could care less about window tent. To many other things to worry about, like these idiots!

Good luck man, and sorry for your loss!
I have a gift certificate from Christmas for a tint shop, and I was only waiting for the weather to warm up to get an appointment set up. Now I'm going to have it done just as soon as the window is replaced. I'm also going to look into one of the special enclosures that sits down low in the left side of the hatch once I remember who sells them.

Something else I noticed was that little pieces of that tempered glass were all the way in the front of the car on the dash! It looks like they hit the window from the driver's side, because glass was all over the passenger seat and the passenger side of the dash, but very little was on the driver's seat that I had to brush out before driving it home. I'm just going to let it sit as-is until I have to take it somewhere for an estimate or to get the repair done and I'll have them deal with the tiny pieces of glass everywhere.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

karma is really the only word to describe this, hope your back up n runnin quick
Old 03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they will NEVER get all the glass trust me i've seen it all too many times. You'll end up having to pull all the seats and center counsil and all the back panels to get it all. A good strong shop vac is your friend too. I've never had a car broke into but i've foiled a couple of attempts.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

******* theives!

So sorry man.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like you have some enemies or just a run-in (i love that word) with some idiots. Either way you really will never get all the glass, it's gonne be a bitch, sorry. Not much else you can do except get it fixed and get some answers.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Syn
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
Sounds like you have some enemies or just a run-in (i love that word) with some idiots. Either way you really will never get all the glass, it's gonne be a bitch, sorry. Not much else you can do except get it fixed and get some answers.
Luckily no enemies whatsoever, because I hate thinking about someone who would want to mess with me. I'm 100% sure it was just some ******** who don't know how to work for something they want.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Man that sucks hard. I feel for you. I had the same thing happen to my 89 camaro while parked at a church. And all that they stole were my $20 ghetto Walmart speakers that I had. Hope you're lucky enough to find out who did it!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Syn
Luckily no enemies whatsoever, because I hate thinking about someone who would want to mess with me. I'm 100% sure it was just some ******** who don't know how to work for something they want.
Well I guess that's the only good part about this. Just get her fixed and keep on rollin.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Teching In

The low lifes who break into vehicles don't seem to have any idea what stuff is worth.

A few years ago my wifes Aerostar was broken into for the stereo. It was a cheap Kenwood slidein. To get it they broke the window, tore the dash apart and then left the chassis that was held into the dash with a cable tie.

The pros took my 97 Tahoe after I had it for 16 months. No glass on the ground, no evidence it was ever there, just gone. Cops found it 10 months later on a dealer lot and my remote still worked the locks.

Hope you are back up and rockin' quickly. Protect your stuff but if some moron wants it it'll be gone, just depends how much they destroy getting what they want.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats sucks. people that steal are scumbags.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

WOW are you kidding.that's the ne thing i liked about texas state, now i have to worry about that. So is there no safe place for your car? Sorry to see that man
Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
SCRWS6

There is a silver lining man, just be glad your car didn`t end up in Iraq, we pulled over a Suburban with Texas plates in Ramadi,the guy driving just thought they were part of the truck
Old 04-01-2007, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SCRWS6
There is a silver lining man, just be glad your car didn`t end up in Iraq, we pulled over a Suburban with Texas plates in Ramadi,the guy driving just thought they were part of the truck
what the f#ck r u serious???
Old 04-01-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

My god, my car almost got egged last night and I almost **** a brick, sorry to see that
Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow all that for fricken subs thats just pathetic..
Old 04-01-2007, 12:52 PM

dude that sucks man happend to my friends ws6 last summer
Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SCRWS6
Haha good ol Ramadi! I never saw any US plates on Haaji driven vehicles, but i did spot a couple LT1 caprices there! That is funny as hell though!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just keep thinking about how loud that must have been. Especially in a parking garage. Those back windows aren't exactly easy to break with their concave shape unless you have a bat or something.

I'm always worried about my car around campus at night. Luckily I can walk most everywhere.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

that really sucks man, similar incident happened to me a couple weeks ago. I had someone smash my passenger window out of my truck and stole my cd player and it was a cheap *** cd player.
Old 04-01-2007, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

next time bump it all day long and sit back with a sniper rifle and then shoot them in the knees. after that kidnap them. then proceed to do nice things to them like cut off their eye lids, pour hot sauce in their eyes, pull their fingernails back and rip them off with pliers, smash their fingers with a hammer, **** on their eyes before and after the hot sauce. rip their teeth out with some pliers....etc...etc.....if you cant tell i hate people that steal.