General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ever Had an Fbody Stolen?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy_B4C
It's good to hear that at least one of those bastards got caught! Texas being the way that it is probably executed him for that!
I heart Texas!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
Theres a guy in another forum who uses one of these for repo'ing cars.

http://www.sneekerlift.com/htm/pickup.htm

wow...wtf
Old 04-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

My 02 CETA was stolen and stripped........

So i got another one. I park the other car all funky and crooked behind it.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8a8mfh
I found a stolen one, back in '95 we went out to ride 4 wheelers, there was a car burnt so bad you could hardly tell what it was. By the date stamped on the spare tire rim I could tell it was a '94 or '95. The very centers of the rims were there, the top of the transmission was melted, the rear of the heads were melted so bad you could see the pistons, in fact I reached in and pulled a intake valve out and kept it for a while. There were big puddles of molten aluminum under the car. Depressing sight, they didn't even strip anything off it.
When you find a car like that..It's not actually stolen.
It's called "insurance fraud".
Or someone couldn't keep up with payments.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BYE RICE
When you find a car like that..It's not actually stolen.
It's called "insurance fraud".
Or someone couldn't keep up with payments.
Or in this case it was involved in a crime, as I later found out.

As far as parts disappearing off dumped cars someone flipped this one and took the rear and the valve body off the trans a day after I seen it. I doubt any of it was good though. Also doubt whoever took the parts was the one who dumped it.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

I had a 1983 T/A with the Recaro trim, black and gold stolen from me in 1985. I never left the car in parking lots or anything like that, but the one time I did it went bye bye. I went with some friends in Chicago to a bar and left the car parked on the street for about 2 hours, I came out and it was gone....my heart broke. 4 days later the Chicago police called and said they found it (in the ghetto) and to come get it...I went to where it was left in a parking lot fully stripped, no motor/trans, seats, tires/rims, hood, doors, t-tops. The car was smashed on both the rear quarters pretty bad and the floor pans were smashed from underneath. My insurance guy went with me the next day to retrive it and as we were pulling up the car was burning and the police/fire department were there...it was totaled. It left a hole in my heart. My replacement car was a 1984 Z-28 5.0 H.O. which held me over until 2002 when I got back in a T/A I had to ride in style again
Old 04-06-2007, 05:58 AM
TECH Regular

During the reign of the 3rd gen,F-bodies were one of the MOST stolen cars on the road.When PASS key was introduced(in 89 I think),the cars fell off the top ten almost immediatly.
4th gen cars werent hit nearly as bad...Anti theft systems eliminated the joy riders,& the cars weren't in as high demand compared to other vehichle types like (SUVs). In contrast to the F-Body heyday of 1984,when the term"SUV"didn't exsist. So their value to chop shops diminished as well.
So it's rare to see theft rings actually targting this type of car..
Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 AM
Launching!

During the reign of the 3rd gen,F-bodies were one of the MOST stolen cars on the road.When PASS key was introduced(in 89 I think),the cars fell off the top ten almost immediatly.
4th gen cars werent hit nearly as bad...Anti theft systems eliminated the joy riders,& the cars weren't in as high demand compared to other vehichle types like (SUVs). In contrast to the F-Body heyday of 1984,when the term"SUV"didn't exsist. So their value to chop shops diminished as well.
So it's rare to see theft rings actually targting this type of car..
They're alive and well in the New Orleans area. Specifically targeting SS'es and WS.6'es. I know this all too well.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoshuaBryant
My 02 CETA was stolen and stripped........

So i got another one. I park the other car all funky and crooked behind it.
I wonder if Katrina "refugees" had anything to do with it.
We call them "katrina trash" here in Jacksonville.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Billy_B4C
They're alive and well in the New Orleans area. Specifically targeting SS'es and WS.6'es. I know this all too well.
Another reason not to get an SS hood.

Crime in Houston went up bad after Katrina, native Houstonian's finally complained enough and the mayor gave them the boot back to N.O. I am surprised with all the government "cheeze" they are taking they still feel the need to commit crimes like this. And I'll shut my mouth on anything further than that.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Has anyone ever heard of just a single part being stolen. My mech mentioned people with the STS kits have the turbo stolen. That made me want to come up with a system for holding it there and to make even the most patient petty thief give up.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Launching!

I wonder if Katrina "refugees" had anything to do with it.
We call them "katrina trash" here in Jacksonville.
Probably, but mine was stolen before Katrina.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
My 1990 305TBI RS was nearly stolen in -big surprise- Memphis, Tn many years ago. It was all hot rodded and while it only went about as good as a 350TPI it at least looked the part.

Anyways, some hack jimmied the lock and broke the steering column open to pry the starter, moron was such an amateur that he didn't have knowldege of, or a solution for, the simple GM pass key. Otherwise the car would have been gone, and likely wrecked on a joyride.

As it turned out they just ripped off everything they could get a hands on, and I was able to start the car with the key in the ignition and some pliers(to pull the ignition rod). Sure sucked *** driving 12 hours non-stop home with no stereo, motherfuckering pos thieves.
Identical scenario for my 89 rs. They broke into it and stole the stereo 3 months before then tried to steel it. Thanks to the pass key they didn't get it just screwed up the lock on the door and the column.

Good came out of it, 2 weeks later I bought my 98 formula. Have not looked back.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hoss Ghoul
The real question here is wether to spend a few hundred on Lojack, or on a handgun.
haha...well here in oklahoma theres this thing thats called the "make my day" law. i scraped the handgun and got a ar-15 (totally legal here) so make no mistake (knocks hardly on wood desk) if somebody trys to take my car, somebody ELSE will be carrying them off my property haha
Old 04-06-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stang Killer
haha...well here in oklahoma theres this thing thats called the "make my day" law. i scraped the handgun and got a ar-15 (totally legal here) so make no mistake (knocks hardly on wood desk) if somebody trys to take my car, somebody ELSE will be carrying them off my property haha

I'm in Oklahoma too. Figures they would call it something hillbilly like "make my day" law.

Joking aside though, I'm glad we are able to protect our stuff the same way the popo can protect themselves.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BANDITCAR
The same crew that took your car is still going strong and still taking F-bodies left and right. I couldn't tell you how many Club cars we have lost.

Lojack is great and it actually helped to recover the most recent club car theft 2 weeks ago within 5 hours of it being stolen.
I belive you're talking about me...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit22
I belive you're talking about me...
Damn man...what happened??
Old 04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

man u guys are makin me paranoid
Old 04-10-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah like the link i posted, my car had an attempted theft. *******. I have my car at the shop to get the clutch put in it and i told them not to leave it outside as i'd had people try to steal it.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

makes me want to go get lojack and a beefed up alarm system on my car!

I had my car broken into on Christmas eve a couple years ago. Took everything out of the interior they possibly could. Headliner, radio, speakers, tools, interior panels, shift ****, center console, ect. They also attempted to take teh t-tops but they were locked in. The only reason they got into the car was that my brother had flew into town the day before for christmas. He didn't get a rental car and I was burnt out from working all day so I passed out early and my parents let my brother and his wife take my car out to a friends. Brother didn't bother to set the alarm let alone lock the doors. His friends lived in a semi-bad part of Orlando and I have a strange feeling that someone followed him back to my house. ******* didn't take my digicam that was in the car, didn't take some of the dress clothes I had left in there,

Quick Reply: Ever Had an Fbody Stolen?