General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1tech on pinks....chime in

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and j/c, nothing against the M6 guys as I'm dying for one, and I don't doubt the guys in charge of the project; but why did they decide to use the T-56 rather than the 4l60e? Would a built, stalled 4l60e not be easier to run consistently than the t-56 with easier launching and not a chance of a missed shift? Or is it supposed to be a good old fashioned f-body vs. mustang small block stick shift shootout (only w/ high tech motors haha)?

Last edited by sbcpower; 04-11-2007 at 11:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

id like to have seen a built auto....

nothing against our driver, but there's less to screw up when you've got a Auto...and dont we have a few really good tranny sponsor's??????

id like to see one of them SACK UP and say hey..."well build you a bullet proof tranny to beat a ford".....HELL i cant think of a better PR
Old 04-12-2007, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by staringback05
id like to have seen a built auto....

nothing against our driver, but there's less to screw up when you've got a Auto...and dont we have a few really good tranny sponsor's??????

id like to see one of them SACK UP and say hey..."well build you a bullet proof tranny to beat a ford".....HELL i cant think of a better PR

true but you know the ford guys will rag on it cause its an auto, saying stuff like we dont have good drivers

Last edited by ICEMAN 31; 04-12-2007 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they'd say we don't have good drivers till they missed a gear and come back to the line with tails firmly tucked between legs.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah but at the end of the day the ls? camaro is the victor
Old 04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Im just super pumped that this isn't going to be one of those " Well we bought the car 6 hours ago and built it in 3 so that is why everything broke." I hate that crap! This gives them PLENTY of time to build the car and make it bulletproof. Can't wait to see us eat some snake!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

with all the sponsors on here....theres no reason why ls1tech couldnt have some crazy blown, boosted, forged, big block....thats street legal....

think of the PR the sponsors would get....if i was one id be jumping to get my name on this car....
Old 04-12-2007, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

^^^^ I'm w/ ya...Go big or go home!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by T'sBlack99Z28
Im just super pumped that this isn't going to be one of those " Well we bought the car 6 hours ago and built it in 3 so that is why everything broke." I hate that crap! This gives them PLENTY of time to build the car and make it bulletproof. Can't wait to see us eat some snake!
no doubt. I know most people are on a budget and would rather put a clapped out car on the show rather than there DD/race car, but atleast have the bugs worked out and a few passes made before you make it on the show. It will be fun to watch the process and even more fun to watch the ford get beat down on TV!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

just read the main post again....looking like sponsors are starting to jump onto this...that hood should make this car look pretty sick
Old 04-12-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

this is so damn exciting i cant wait maybe i will freeze my self until the episode airs. lol
this no doubt be the greatest pinks ever somebody please just knock rich out for me i beg you please
Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Does anyone know the air date for the matchup? Sorry, I got kinda lazy and didn't feel like reading through all the posts.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

its being taped this summer and will air next season
Old 04-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Teching In

sounds good thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems like some people are lost here, no matter how fast the camaro is, the negotiating on pinks is the largest part of the show. Any car can beat any other car, no matter how much faster a given car is, because of the negotiating. So it doesn't matter how fast your car is, because you can negotiate, however if something breaks and you can't race the car, you lose. The most important things for teams on pinks is having a RELIABLE car and GOOD NEGOTIATOR, beyond that its just how much you can sandbag without the other team noticing and still win. A good example is the episode between the Astro van and the Blue 2nd gen camaro (if you've seen it you know what i'm talking about). It would be cool to see them do the show heads up with certain restrictions, it would definitely make the racing more interesting, exciting and competitive. Watch any pinks episode and it is the best negotiator that wins, not always the fastest car.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

thats the fun part of saying "NO BITCH".....

a good negoitater is going to come out and tell them to **** themselves when they ask for a bunch of links....and keep his ***** when rich says "but golly guys thats not fair"

he's not going to play the..."you start high, well start low and meet in the middle game" like all these other douche's do....

a good negoitater is going line up first race say run that ****.....and tell the other team when they lose real bad....."hmm sorry looks like you just didnt bring the right car today" and ******* be done with it

it really got me hating this show when i watched a TT civic guy pretty much take all the wieght out of his car...and ask for 12 links....to beat a blown 95 LT1....**** THAT.....thats not racing....thats called making richs mangina feel better because he can now fill an episode for the time slot....

personally if your *** gets beat the first race....BADLY...just go home....there is no respect in street racing for glorius head starts....and hot wheels pocket racers.....

im behind this website in this episode because this website stands for alot of us...and voices for our cars.....with all the resource we shouldnt lose....if we do...im blaming some dumbass in the lineup....not the parts, or the ideal......

FTMFW.......
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you that it would be cooler if they did it heads up, but in reality by agreeing to go on the show, you pretty much agree to negotiating and by signing the title over the show, you give Rich the power to make the decisions.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Who was the guy that had the Procharged LT4 and it ran against a Turbo Civic? I'de like to see an LT1 and a LS1 go at it. It would either put the timeless question "What's better, LT1 or LS1?" to rest or just raise another million questions and comments. I can't wait to see the LS1 car! What kinda Mustang is it running?
Old 04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

dont know who the guy was i believe he was from the midwest area....and the guy with the turbo civic was honestly a little bitch....

if you raced a stock ls1 against a stock lt1....the ls1 would win 99 out of 100 times...

however when you open the can of mods....anything can go....

the mustang isnt going to be revealed until john says something....
Old 04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Teching In

does anyone else they would stop doing the drop of the hands and use the tree like real racing? and instead of showing the et's on the board just have them show nothing but win lights and let the negs. fight over dial ins rather than lengths? just an idea...