General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS1tech on pinks....chime in

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to take some printed t-shirts to put on after the final win with the words "I came on PINKS and all I got was this lousy T-shirt and a Mustang."

Good luck guys.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think rich is set on his system....
Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Teching In

There are a few things I've never understood about Pinks.

First, why doesn't the negotiator just absolutely refuse to budge? If the other side wants lengths or whatever, tell them to pound sand. If they don't like that we can all go home knowing that the other side is a bunch of whiny little bitches.

Why negotiate at all, particularly when we are dealing with a type of race in which our cars dominate when properly built and driven? This is business and there is absolutely no rational reason to give an inch, so screw negotiation.

And screw the producers too. This is a race for pinks. If they want drama they can get a couple of ricers to race.

Second, what exactly are the rules? Are there any HP limits, mod limits, or dollar limits? Is there a written list of rules that we can manipulate to help us totally humiliate and destroy the shittalkers?

We have to do everything necessary to win this race IMO.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

here are several answers to you ?s.....

as rich holds the slips....he can actually decide whats fair and can make one side race even if they think its unfair...or he can call a forfeit

they negotiate because it adds drama to the show which in turn makes people want to watch, also for some dumbass reason they usually match up a stronger car with a much weaker car...which is unfair in the first place...ie 95 pro-charged lt4 V turbo civic...or....white camaro V newer yellow camaro....people are going to sandbag and bullshit...which takes away from the cars...

and im not sure about the exact rules...i dont watch it all the time...i think its based on former times....thats why you hear the rednecks..."NOW BOBBY EARL YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU DIDNT BRING A 11 SECOND CAR....THAT SUN'BITCH IS EASILY IN THE 10'S"....
Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

just a few clarifications

1. Bringing the fastest/quickest car doesn't guarantee you go home with it. Pinks asked us to bring at least a 10.50 ET car. If the car is faster, it still needs to be able to be detuned for 10.50's.
2. Pinks has asked that we keep the combo on the secret side, for surprise factor on raceday. I don't agree with this, but it is their show.
3. The car will be an automatic, losing a vehicle due to a missed gear would suck. Figure a built TH350/400 for durability and consistency.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Sweet deal I was wondering about why the car wasn't an auto. TH400 FTW! Looking forward to seeing the specs, I'm sure everyone is itching to see them when they are available. Thanks for the update!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
2. Pinks has asked that we keep the combo on the secret side, for surprise factor on raceday. I don't agree with this, but it is their show.
3. The car will be an automatic, losing a vehicle due to a missed gear would suck. Figure a built TH350/400 for durability and consistency.
2) Thats totally understandable. I think most of the average guys like myself kind of expected that anyways.
3) I don't think you will get any arguments on this. One tiny stutter or miss and it could mean the race. Auto for shizzle.

Is there any info on when this will be aired? Any speculations? I am sorry if I missed something, I just don't want to miss it when it eventually comes on. Good luck to you guys, and you BETTER WHOOP THAT STINGER!!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

What if we were building against tony's stang site, and in return he just gets to bask in the glory on national tv of winning his own car! hahah
Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Nine Ball]just a few clarifications

1. Bringing the fastest/quickest car doesn't guarantee you go home with it. Pinks asked us to bring at least a 10.50 ET car. If the car is faster, it still needs to be able to be detuned for 10.50's. [QUOTE]

I agree that bringing the fastest car doesn't guarantee a victory, but it sure as hell gives you the upper hand. In watching the show, it is very easy to see that if you have a faster car, it gives you an advantage. If anything, you'll at least get that first victory. By how much is up to the driver though.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

i believe having the fastest car also gives you a huge advantage....its like having the large stack of chips at a poker game

im glad whoever...decided to go with a auto....perfect shifts and bulletproofness should keep that part of the equation on top
Old 04-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Tony Palarmo from outlaw should definately be the negotiator
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ why?....i mean do i have to even ask why? with your avatar...

i vote DOG the bounty hunter....with that fire extinguisher size bottle of mase..."NO **** YOU RICH"....SWHHHHHHHH
Old 04-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^ why?....i mean do i have to even ask why? with your avatar...

i vote DOG the bounty hunter....with that fire extinguisher size bottle of mase..."NO **** YOU RICH"....SWHHHHHHHH
lol..tony is hilarious and my avatar is a joke.. Now dog? Hmm...that would be a good choice too
Old 04-22-2007, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like the pinks camaro is on a better diet than I am. 3020 lbs. is pretty good and I'm sure theres a little more to get out of her.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmm didnt see that im gonna have to check the thread...but damn thats lite.....like honda lite