General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

85-140 + 10-bolt = crap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even though both wheels didnt move counter-directional they looked the Torsen T2 over VERY WELL when they got it out and said it is MINT! The shop says it will definitely NOT! peg-leg. I will test that as soon as I get it on some grass or a puddle or something slippery where I wont break this pansy *** thing and make sure it is indeed working.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bad race will give you problems sooner or later. ive seen a 10 bolt with a fucked up race seize up on someone on the freeway. wasnt an f body but its something to think about.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
bad race will give you problems sooner or later. ive seen a 10 bolt with a fucked up race seize up on someone on the freeway. wasnt an f body but its something to think about.
Yeah, they are trying to smooth out where the race sits. I hope they can achieve such. I dont want to replace a WHOLE rear-end
Old 04-14-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Splitz
you must have the ultimate "Friday Night" car....when I say that, I mean it was a Friday when your car was assembled and the union workers just threw their tools on the floor and went home at 5:00.00pm. Then Monday they forgot where they left off and just put it back together......
i agree, for someone who never drives it hard, your **** breaks all the time, i got RP 85-140 in my 10 bolt with the stock 3:42's, no probs at all, drives great, hooks great
Old 04-14-2007, 07:00 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
I will have to say, GM don't make em' like they used to.
You're right, they don't. They actually build them better now.

I'm not going to bother reminding you anymore how few people have so many issues in such a short time with their LS1 cars....or that your car is the exception and not the rule.

There is just no point, because you won't beleive it.

I don't know what you expect from a car with plates like 666 SYN or whatever it was.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

I don't know what you expect from a car with plates like 666 SYN or whatever it was.
i think the car has owned him since it came out of the factory. it had a devine plan to crush his ego and emotions. and the devil had a devine plan to leave his mark in the license plates.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

You're right, they don't. They actually build them better now.

I'm not going to bother reminding you anymore how few people have so many issues in such a short time with their LS1 cars....or that your car is the exception and not the rule.

There is just no point, because you won't beleive it.

I think that the average person doesnt pick up on half the stuff I do. I have heard some STUPID CRAP from F-body guys. here are a few examples of stuff I have been told:

Problem: sticking IAC
Explanation: Yeah, the computer knows that I am in neutral and going to stuff it in the next gear so it holds the rpms up 2-3K for me.

Problem: Leaky pinion seal/engine oil/water pump
Explanation: Denial or unawareness

Problem: Exessive oil usage
Explanation: I have not driven in 6 months and didnt check it or simple unawareness.

A lot of people dont take care of their stuff. I do. It may seem like I have a lot of **** go bad on me but in reality it isnt much more than anyone else. Difference is. I FIX IT! (And post about it). If you look at each one of my posts you will see half a dozen guys saying "oh yeah...mine did that too."
Old 04-14-2007, 11:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

I think that the average person doesnt pick up on half the stuff I do. I have heard some STUPID CRAP from F-body guys. here are a few examples of stuff I have been told:

Explanation: Yeah, the computer knows that I am in neutral and going to stuff it in the next gear so it holds the rpms up 2-3K for me.

Explanation: I have not driven in 6 months and didnt check it or simple unawareness.

A lot of people dont take care of their stuff. I do. It may seem like I have a lot of **** go bad on me but in reality it isnt much more than anyone else. Difference is. I FIX IT! (And post about it). If you look at each one of my posts you will see half a dozen guys saying "oh yeah...mine did that too."

IMO, you assume too much in regards to the average person.

You once thought that you were the only person around that could noticeably "feel" a slight drop in HP between 5500-6000rpm. After you argued the point for quite a while, then you later discovered that it was just your foot coming off the throttle.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:29 AM
TECH Veteran

i think that about sums up his posts from now on
Old 04-15-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

I can't blame the guy for wanting to take care of his car.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
I can't blame the guy for wanting to take care of his car.
go look at all of his posts and youll be on the same page as us
Old 04-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Difference is. I FIX IT! (And post about it).
And post.....and post.....Is there any real reason for three separate threads this week about your diff?I can understand you're frustrated about your car breaking but we can't all see the value of threads with titles like "One of my lug nuts has surface rust!" , things happen , parts break , 10 bolts are weak.....
Old 04-15-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hahahaha nooo like rpm ws6 said, and i quote with the world's tiniest violin playing, the PROBLEM is your license plate. Change your license plate and everything will change haha.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

I've seen all of his other problems and if i'm not mistaken thats one of the reasons this site is here..To help people
Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

And there are plenty of other threads here with the same problems and solutions , not like it's never happened before and this is uncharted territory.And one friggin' thread , not three, would have been more than enough of the subject of his diff breaking.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Resident

wtf is up with the banned moderator^^^?

ah, leave the OP alone. if you bought an f-body and intended to keep it stock, then spent enough money to buy a heads and cam package just to maintain it, you'd be pissed and grasping for straws wondering where you went wrong, too. face it, his car is a fluke. he's the only one going through this ****, and when you're the only one suffering through this, you start trying to come up with wild explanations to answer the age old question: "why me?" most of you would be doing the same thing. you should all be happy you're not in his position.
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
I've seen all of his other problems and if i'm not mistaken thats one of the reasons this site is here..To help people
i agree. you're one of the only people in this thread making sense. it's easy to criticize when you're not going through it. use your imagination and walk a few miles in his shoes. see how you feel. sometimes being in an extraordinary situation leads you to say and do extraordinary things. these extraordinary things may not always make us look good, but we do it because we're under pressure, backed into a corner and have no choice. lighten up guys and try to see the big picture, here.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

This thread is done . For future reference: post ONE thread about whatever problem you're having , if someone(like an ASE certified tech) points out that you screwed up , do not delete it & start a new one and for the love of God , at least try to see if somebody else has posted a previous thread about the same topic!

And the banned usertitle is a private joke.

Quick Reply: 85-140 + 10-bolt = crap.