General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Forgot how much I loved driving my Camaro! Winter Storage is OVER!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow it seems like just yesterday the depressing posts about storing your cars away. Well i'm glad to hear all you guys get to have a good time like I have had constantly for the past year and a half. GO FL!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

My Z28 comes out this Sunday, gonna be 70 deg and sunny .This has been the first winter I've had my car and damn it's been torturous not driving it all winter.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

same deal herei miss my baby being out. But she comes out next week about mid week. Can't wait to rip through the gears with all the new goodies i got in it~Cole~
Old 04-17-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shatterz
My Z28 comes out this Sunday, gonna be 70 deg and sunny .This has been the first winter I've had my car and damn it's been torturous not driving it all winter.
It's really supposed to be that nice? Damn can't wait.

-J
Old 04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BAH this damn crappy weather up here in the northeast sucksssssss
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though I am a drunken habitual drug user who is smoking a "red" right now. My mind is still clear enough to know that even if I am lying in the snow somewhere between the garage and the house the car stays out of salt because it's bad for it.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
Even though I am a drunken habitual drug user who is smoking a "red" right now. My mind is still clear enough to know that even if I am lying in the snow somewhere between the garage and the house the car stays out of salt because it's bad for it.

Damn right.

I don't care how many tubes of glue I might have huffed over the years, I still know that salt =

Old 04-17-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

My brother and I had ours out about a month ago, when we were getting warm sunny weather. But it decided to start snowing again so they were put back in the garage. I'm pissed. Now I have to wait for the 6" of snow to melt, the ground to dry up so i can get it out of the garage, and the salt/sand to get washed off the road. Looks like it'll be another month of so
Old 04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Hey RPM, let's hear it for some sweet Northern IL weather today! I had the SS out all day. I also had a chance to put on my MTI lid and filter yesterday, and it really woke up the car (because the old air filter was almost black!). The car is running like a champ, and turning heads as usual.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:21 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BananaHead
Hey RPM, let's hear it for some sweet Northern IL weather today! I had the SS out all day. I also had a chance to put on my MTI lid and filter yesterday, and it really woke up the car (because the old air filter was almost black!). The car is running like a champ, and turning heads as usual.

Sounds great! I got quite a few looks driving the car today too. All my neighbors know that it's spring once I get the car back out. And yes, the weather was actually nice for a change. Should be even better this weekend!

We have to get a northern Chicago 'burbs gathering together one of these days soon.

Hey.... I just noticed that you're in WI now. I thought you lived in Lake Villa or somewhere close to that?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm going to bust mine out this weekend. I started my insurance back up on the 14th. And of course a snow blanket breezes through that day, the day I was supposed to get it out. This weekend looks like 60's and sunny with NO rain or snow. I can't wait.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

Sounds great! I got quite a few looks driving the car today too. All my neighbors know that it's spring once I get the car back out. And yes, the weather was actually nice for a change. Should be even better this weekend!

We have to get a northern Chicago 'burbs gathering together one of these days soon.

Hey.... I just noticed that you're in WI now. I thought you lived in Lake Villa or somewhere close to that?
Yeah, me and my fiancee moved into a townhome in Genoa City just recently, but it's literally RIGHT over the border from Richmond. I am still in the Lake Villa area a lot. I work in Fox Lake, and my job also takes me into the McHenry area and into Antioch also. I'm always up for a gathering. I saw a couple of Fbodies out, and always gave and received a nice thumbs up!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
Launching!

RPM WS6 Were do you cruise at? your like 5 minutes from were im at. I can't wait to get mine out!!! today is the day in about 3 hour i'll be prowling the streets can't wait im getting sick of driving my tahoe!!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by JstALs1
RPM WS6 Were do you cruise at? your like 5 minutes from were im at. I can't wait to get mine out!!! today is the day in about 3 hour i'll be prowling the streets can't wait im getting sick of driving my tahoe!!
Yesterday was just a small drive. I was in the Skokie/Lincolnwood/Niles area. Usually I cruise though the northern burbs, I go as far up as the Gurnee area where I work, but I really never go to the south 'burbs very much.

I think we might have met before. Are you friends with SPRAYED 01 (Alex)?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got to drive mine to work last sunday. It was nice to have it out again.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Yesterday was just a small drive. I was in the Skokie/Lincolnwood/Niles area. Usually I cruise though the northern burbs, I go as far up as the Gurnee area where I work, but I really never go to the south 'burbs very much.

I think we might have met before. Are you friends with SPRAYED 01 (Alex)?
Yes, I havent seen him in a while i heard he is having problems with his motor. Somthing about loss of compression due to the juice. Thats just what i heard, are you gonna go to speeds open house this sat?
Old 04-19-2007, 07:46 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by JstALs1
Yes, I havent seen him in a while i heard he is having problems with his motor. Somthing about loss of compression due to the juice. Thats just what i heard, are you gonna go to speeds open house this sat?
I just saw Al on saturday night. Yeah, there is a compression issue and he's looking at options right now. But the motor is still pretty strong at the moment and I think he's just going to run it NA for this year.

Not sure if I can make the open house yet. I probably won't know till Saturday morning.....
Old 04-21-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Me too!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like how all you guys up north store your car for the winter i bet it keeps the mileage down only driving it 2/3's of the year. yeah we hear in the dirty south have no winter some of us get one the rest live in a tropical rainforest
Old 04-21-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Addict

There is no way i could store a car. Life is too short and my cars are my hobby. I live in NJ and there is snow/road salt when it snows but how often is that? On those days/weeks i just stay home and don't drive anywhere. I keep them covered thats it. If I had a C6 Z06 I wouldn't store it either let alone one of my low value F-bodies