General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Forgot how much I loved driving my Camaro! Winter Storage is OVER!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took mine out yesterday to a local car meeting/gathering and it was really fun. The people there liked my new appearance mods. Towards the later part of the meeting/gathering there were people doing burn-out contest that lasted about 1 hour it was pretty good. If it is nice again in like 2 weeks i am going to take my video camara to take pictures of the local rides, and maybe video tape those burn-outs again, I didn't perticapate in the contest b/c i have bald tires(they were old when i bought the car) and plus i would rather show it then smash into a light pole HAHAHA !Devin
Old 04-21-2007, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
If I had a C6 Z06 I wouldn't store it either let alone one of my low value F-bodies
It has nothing to do with value. It has to do with keeping the car as perfect as possibile so I can have many years of fair weather enjoyment out of it, while still keeping it car show worthy.

You don't need to drive a car constatly to enjoy it.

IMO, how can you possibily have fun driving anything when you're crawling through rush hour traffic at 20mph in a snow storm? To me, I'd feel like I'm wasting the car to subject it to stuff like that. Almost every F-body owner I know here in northern IL has a separate car for the winter. They lay down salt like it's going out of style around here. The rule is, 5 inches of salt for every 1 inch of snow.

I bought this car for pleasure, not purpose. I have other cars to take the daily abuse of Chicago weather and my 70+ mile daily commute.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hear ya man thats why i got my 1986 MAZDA B2000 5spd pickup truck. I rarley drive my car b/c i want to keep it PERFECT! I will only drive mine on warm sunny days! I just like to cruise in it a bit!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by staringback05
THAT....is why you should move south.....the winter for us just means better times and COOLER air
+1
SNOW SUCKS
Old 04-21-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
It has nothing to do with value. It has to do with keeping the car as perfect as possibile so I can have many years of fair weather enjoyment out of it, while still keeping it car show worthy.

You don't need to drive a car constatly to enjoy it.

IMO, how can you possibily have fun driving anything when you're crawling through rush hour traffic at 20mph in a snow storm? To me, I'd feel like I'm wasting the car to subject it to stuff like that. Almost every F-body owner I know here in northern IL has a separate car for the winter. They lay down salt like it's going out of style around here. The rule is, 5 inches of salt for every 1 inch of snow.

I bought this car for pleasure, not purpose. I have other cars to take the daily abuse of Chicago weather and my 70+ mile daily commute.

Again I don't live in IL but know that you guys get alot of snow and freezing weather. All I'm saying is I would drive my cars on the days when there is no salt/snow or rain. Again I don't drive my cars in salt or snow i have a brand new Equinox for that but the days when its just cold as hell or such im sure to be in one of my F-Bodies
Old 04-21-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wish I had put my car in real deal storage. I stopped using it as my daily this year an got something else, but took it out here and there. Also started mods. Been using it on and off and it's starting to bore me a bit, and I hate to say it. Time of something else I guess. But hey at least the weather picked up! FINALLY.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:11 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Again I don't live in IL but know that you guys get alot of snow and freezing weather. All I'm saying is I would drive my cars on the days when there is no salt/snow or rain. Again I don't drive my cars in salt or snow i have a brand new Equinox for that but the days when its just cold as hell or such im sure to be in one of my F-Bodies
Problem here is, they lay down so much salt that even when it's dry out, if you take the car out for a drive it gets covered in salt dust top and bottom. So I'd need to clean it after that, which isn't easy or fun when it's 20 degrees out and you don't have a heated garage.

Once in a while we'll get some rain in the winter that'll clear the streets, but these times are few and far between. Usually, once the first snow storm comes through, the roads are screwed till the late winter/early spring when the heavy rains come.