General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Som Ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Som Ss

this thread isn't really relevant to anything at all, but i thought i'd tell the story anyway.

i've been looking for a good, clean SOM SS M6 since i sold my pewter SS. i found a few on here, a couple on craigslist, ebay, and a few other random places. i wasn't having much luck finding one that was optioned the way i wanted, until today.

i was riding my R6 around outside of town a ways when i drove past a house i see all the time, but the garage door was up this time...and inside was a SOM SS. i nearly crashed. it was like 2 miles from my house and i'd never seen it before. i turned around and pulled in their driveway and rang the doorbell. i talked to the guys wife and i gathered it was actually her car.

it was a 2002 SOM 6-speed HARDTOP with tan leather loaded down with almost every available option.

23,000 miles

the car was completely stock and unmolested in every way imaginable. it was by far the nicest one i have EVER seen, hands down.

she wouldn't sell it. etc....she said no matter how much cash i offered, it wasn't going anywhere. talk about some serious frustration. i felt like i had just watched my new puppy get run over by a funeral procession.

so the search continues....
Old 04-22-2007, 12:03 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
she said no matter how much cash i offered, it wasn't going anywhere.
Offer her $450,000 in cash. I bet you she'll sell it then.

Everyone has a price....you just have to find it, or find a car that someone is motivated to sell.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

i said i had $25K cash and she said 'no.' of course, i don't actually have that kinda cash, but had she said yes, i may have tried to get it.

i'm sure $450,000 would persuade anybody to part ways with their camaro....lol.

i'm still upset that it's not for sale, but i know there will be others. it was just disappointing because i had had my eye on it for quite a while and never really got to find out about it.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know what you mean. This old old guy had a fairly good condition 67 camaro that I always wanted. Just a reg 327 car. Anyway he wanted way to much for it and it sat and sat. I imagine he died and some relative just sold it off.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Veteran

that sucks dude...but you'll find one soon...well hopefully you do.

I WANT YOUR BIKE lol
Old 04-22-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

well....i want rid of my bike!! lol, actually i don't...but it is going to have to go or else i'll never be able to focus my funds on other things, like vehicles with doors and roofs. it's going to be a sad day when that bike leaves my garage for the last time. i took it out to cruise night last night and attracted a lot of interest. then a bunch of wives and girlfriends took the interest away...

TexasSS is selling a '01 SOM SS. i'd like to get ahold of it, but can't until the bike is gone.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont worry about the bike. I loved riding mine but sold it. Didnt really miss it. I do want another one day though.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a story slightly similar to yours but I got shafted more. I searched and searched for an affordable low miles 'hawk for some two months straight. I came across an SOM 'hawk in Oklahoma, the wanted $28k out of my range but I offered the $19k I had and of course was turned down. Well long story short, I bought my WS6, and 5 weeks later, I got an email from him asking if I still wanted the car for $19k. I was so pissed. Then about a month and a half later, a guy locally sold his M6, SOM 'Hawk w/ the lumpy spoiler for $19.5k.

Looking back I should have been a little more patient, but o'well I'm happy with what I have......not as rare though.

Sorry to hijack your thread.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

no prob, i like hearing stories like yours to know i'm not alone . i learned the patience lesson a little too late as well. about a week after i bought my pewter '00 SS, i found a '02 in St. Louis for about $2500 more than i paid for my LPM '00, plus it had half the miles and one owner. that was the car that made me want a SOM SS so bad. it sold a couple days after i first saw it
Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I somehow was lucky finding my car. Sat at a dealer lot for a couple months during the winter. Would have liked lower miles but 25,000 wasnt bad. They also had a silver WS6 right next to it with 11,000 miles. I was very tempted but had to have SOM. Really just wait for what you want. If you have to pay a lil more or wait a lil longer so be it. You will be much happier in the end. Believe me your cars out there. Your not looking for a 70 Hemi Cuda in a barn.....
Old 04-23-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

lol, i actually try to peek in every barn i drive by on some days. you NEVER know...but you are right. i'll just have to wait. i just got off of my motorcycle...while i was out i saw the very same SOM SS driving by me just before i turned off the main road. it was like i was being teased. i've only seen it out like once before today.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
lol, i actually try to peek in every barn i drive by on some days. you NEVER know...but you are right. i'll just have to wait. i just got off of my motorcycle...while i was out i saw the very same SOM SS driving by me just before i turned off the main road. it was like i was being teased. i've only seen it out like once before today.

man i would have cried
Old 04-23-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

it was rough let me tell ya...