General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: So who do u think should get the money?
I should get it to help pay off my car.
87.78%
We should split it.
12.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Tell me who is right.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh...

+1 on the tittie bar idea.. then put the rest to paying off your car. Dropping that much off your loan in one payment feels awesome/
Old 05-11-2007, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

This post doesn't paint a very favorable picture of your dad, in my opinion. You should pay off your car asap, along with any other debts, and any good parent would give you the same advice, and not be looking to take cash off their kids.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

ye the $$ should go to you
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow it shouldn't even be an issue, but since it is, you should get the cash to help pay it off. It is YOUR car.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He took the thing to the place that broke it and now wants money for fixing it???? Thats ABSURD, you get the money and do what you wish with it.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

If you agreed to the screws solution, then you aren't really entitled to the full money since your father negotiated it (IMO)

You're dad's a pretty nice guy.. if you were my son I would have given you some gas money and put $1600 in my pocket!

Who pays the mortgage at your house, you or your dad?

If it wasn't for your dad, you wouldn't have a car like this to drive around and show off in, so keep things in perspective big man.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

pay off the car
Old 05-12-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

There is a reason why he wants some of the money. We are just not hearing it. Financial? Debts? Something is not being said. Split it. He's your Dad!
Old 05-12-2007, 10:07 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by NC01TA
There is a reason why he wants some of the money. We are just not hearing it. Financial? Debts? Something is not being said. Split it. He's your Dad!
I agree!

If it was a buddy, then no. And maybe not if your dad is a jerk.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He's using the worst logic ever. So if someone rearends you they should get the money because if they wouldn't have hit you there would be no insurance check?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:49 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
He's using the worst logic ever. So if someone rearends you they should get the money because if they wouldn't have hit you there would be no insurance check?
True, I see your point and changes everything to me. But still hung up a little because it's his dad, not some buddy or anything.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by oneBADDz
yea but your kinda missing the point to, IF someone hits you then your car is really broken and you WOULD use the money to fix your car back to the way it was. In a way he is kinda riping off the shop b/c hes not using the money for the intened purpose, he is fixing his car with a few dollars. I would be different if he was really putting all the 1800 towards the repairs and he dad was like "I want half" then he would have to go into his own pocket to fix the car...thats messed up, but he is basically getting 1800 and his car is still fine
Old 05-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since it is your car and you are paying for it, the money is yours. After all, your car that you paid for will have messed up fenders with screws through them. I would fix the car or put the $$$ towards paying it off. Either way, it is yours.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

I know what my father would have done. He'd expect me to fix the car then put the rest toward paying off the car especially if he helped me finance the car with his name on the loan. This is the responsible thing to do.

If your father really needs the cash for something that's important and not something that's an extra luxury item then I'd spot him some of the cash. However I'd be damn sure to use it to fix and pay off my car with the rest.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

i hope your dad was kidding about giving him half
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
I was thinkin the same thing but in a way its wrong on both ends, Your not using the money for what its suppost to be used for, with that said your pretty much gettin $1700 for doing NOTHING and your car isnt bad enough to fix it so I dont think its unreasonable for him to ask for some of your FREE money if he could use it. But yea just think about all he's done for you, do you pay rent/utilities/etc. and everything? If you fully support yourself 100% then yea I would fight for it, but if he helps you out it might not hurt to share and show some appreciation
WOW, quit being a girl about it, do you think we became a country by giving everyone the money they deserve and the money we get actually using it on what we claim we are going to? hell no we would be just like Cuba if that was the case... JROB how many times have you been shafted in life by people or just life in general...SHAFT BACK THE AMERICAN WAY AND KEEP IT lol
Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

well my dad decided to give it all to me i didnt have to argue it or anything i just wanted this poll in case he was being a jerk about it but he is a good guy and realized i didnt want it for mods just to help pay it off. thanks for the opinions guys.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Nice! That makes it alot easier!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
yea but your kinda missing the point to, IF someone hits you then your car is really broken and you WOULD use the money to fix your car back to the way it was. In a way he is kinda riping off the shop b/c hes not using the money for the intened purpose, he is fixing his car with a few dollars. I would be different if he was really putting all the 1800 towards the repairs and he dad was like "I want half" then he would have to go into his own pocket to fix the car...thats messed up, but he is basically getting 1800 and his car is still fine
He is definetly NOT ripping off the shop. Whether or not he fixes the car, the shop is reimbursing him for the damage they did. If he was to sell the car right now - as is - he would not get as much for it because of the damage done by the shop. That would be like saying if you hit someone's car and it was totalled then you should not have to pay anything because they weren't going to get it fixed anyway.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

your dad should be proud that you want to put that money towards paying the car off and not putting the money into mods. If you were gonna spend the money on mods then I could see your dads logic, as you already have a fast car for a young driver.

Make sure you put the money towards the car.