General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

HELLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!! spiders in my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!! spiders in my car

didnt know were to post this so please move if needed.

what can i use to get spiders out of my car. car was in the shop for 3 weeks with the doors hatch and hood open, so im guessing that when they got in there. one about made me wreck, ive killed 3 so far and im terrified of spiders. one was black with white on it, it was decent size, and 2 were little brown ones. anyone know of anything i can use to get them out, the interior was out of the car when it was in the shop getting nitrous hooked up. makes me paranoid as ****.
thanks
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

ortho max home defense bug spray...works like crazy!!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Regular

That's a tough one. You could pull your seats out and let a bug bomb off inside your car. That way the poison and smells don't get soaked into your cloth. Let it sit for 24 hours, then fumigate it with lysol and drive around with the windows down for a day.

I think they are made to take care of an entire room so you could probably leave your windows down and close your garage door and take care of all the bugs in your garage too. Just don't leave pets or loved ones in there.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

On a hot day, pull your car out into the sun with the windows rolled up and let it sit. It should get warm enough in there to kill them off
Old 05-16-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Or take a air compressor, and use a blow gun to blow out all the nooks and cranies in the car, Then Vacuum.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I vote for letting it sit in the sun for a couple of days. The spiders will bake in there and they won't have anything to eat so they should die. I'm thinking maybe a week?
Old 05-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kozak
I vote for letting it sit in the sun for a couple of days. The spiders will bake in there and they won't have anything to eat so they should die. I'm thinking maybe a week?
I had one making a web from my steering wheel to my seat every morning and it survived sun therapy for three days...not sure if it died or went away...be a man...spiders are evrywhere....I kill several a day everyday in my room...I read somewhere you are never more than like 10ft away from a spider at any time in your life...and you swallow a few a year in yor sleep....they won't hurt you....definatley don't bug bomb your car...unless you like that poison smell and I don't think it will work...they will find a place to hide
Old 05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

I know the feeling. I had a wolf spider sitting under my T-top. While driving I looked up and saw him right above my head... wonderful. I agree with the sun method though it will take quite some time to kill them all.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i had one hang down from the visor of my helmet while I was doing a run at the track once... haha needless to say I lost that run! Living in the car isn't really a great place for them, I think they will leave on their own in due time.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Teching In

You can try the ortho spray but I had no luck when I had this problem. It finally got cold enough outside one night I let it sit out in the 20 degree air to kill them. that would be kinda hard this time of year though. goodluck to ya, i know the feeling i think i have a phobia of spiders.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE= anyone know of anything i can use to get them out[/QUOTE]

yea have your girl friend go out there with a magazine and kill the scary bugs for you haha j/k man couldnt help it
hiting that nitrous button is more dangerous then those spiders
Old 05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Car wash/detail along with underbody clean and detail the interior - should force them out. Run you heater to run them out of the vents..
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dj2005
I know the feeling. I had a wolf spider sitting under my T-top. While driving I looked up and saw him right above my head... wonderful. I agree with the sun method though it will take quite some time to kill them all.
i would have probably **** my pants then and there..froze up and smashed into a pole..no joke
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM
ZRO
Staging Lane

I had that problem with an old car I bought. I had killed about 8 quater sized spiders and found a few egg sacs before I decided to bug bomb that bitch. I used two cans. It seemed to work pretty good but left the car smelling like old people f*cking for a good week.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

ill loan you my tarantula.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I bought my car, the owner had been overseas for a few months, and the car had been sitting under a tree. An ant colony set up "somewhere"... as I was driving it home (the 600 miles from Houston to Amarillo), I kept seeing little black ants crawl across my dash.

So after I got home, I pulled some interior panels and sprayed RAID up in there (like on the front kick panels, behind the dash, etc). Nope, ants kept crawling across my dash.

Finally I got serious about it, and started looking. I noticed a lot of leaves in the cowl area. Eventually I pulled the PCM. Yep, there under the PCM, was a large clump of dirt full of ants and ant eggs. I scooped them out, washed them out, etc....

No more ants crawling across my dash.

Fortunately, they were not Fire Ants. I fscking HATE fire ants. They were just little black ants.

So, moral of the story, you may have to dig around and see where they've set up shop. Just because you see them inside the cabin, doesn't mean that is where they are.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

I had a serious case like this happen to my first car long ago, and this is what I did that got rid of them for good:

- IF you do not have tented windows, clean your interior windows with ammonia, DO NOT do this step if you have tented windows.

- Turn the car on and after its warmed up, put it on maximum heat with the fan on 3/4th blast (didn't put it on max velocity, because I heard that was bad on the fan if you do it to long).

- Put the car in the sun, and let it run for a while. I did it for about half an hour, then turned the car off, and let it sit for the rest of the day; With the windows up of course.

- If this doesn't do the trick, try throwing a couple hedge apples in there to help speed up the process, spiders HATE these.

After a couple times of doing this, NO SPIDERS!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hahahahah this thread is hilarious...but im going to try not and laugh cause i can see one day ill be out and a spider will pop down lol
Old 05-16-2007, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

imagine ur driving and a spider spins a web from ur rear view mirror...and lands on ur face..

Quick Reply: HELLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!! spiders in my car