General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got pulled over for having my foglights on lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres a town about 40 miles from where I live that pulls people over for having thier fog lights on. I agree its stupid, I dont drive with my fog lights on anyway but if I had a TA I would for sure.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Regular

Wow... Didn't know you couldn't have your fog lights on. I leave them on with my Grand Am because they look cool lol (I'm easy to please I guess).
Old 05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Sorry, I didn't notice it said he was on duty. How do you know he was on duty, haha?
because that town only has one cop car and there is only one cop per shift(serious)
Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
Exactley. Thats what he would possibly get in trouble for.
i don't think they have "real" uniforms...it's a very small town...has a 1A high school I think
Old 05-19-2007, 12:23 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WICKDZ
It is a little dumb law in Oklahoma.....Respect the law
How can anyone respect a dumb law? Hell, we have that same dumb law in IL, and I blatantly ignore it even after getting a warning for it years ago. It was at one of those DUI checkpoints (which I personally think are a violation of my civil rights, being pulled over and detained without just cause...guilty until proven innocent). State trooper yelled at me "why are your fog lights on....that's illegal so turn them off". He was a very disrespectful officer. I said no, because I didn't appreciate how he was acting. So he wrote me a warning.

I usually get along well with cops when I get pulled over. That was the only time I can remember one acting like a dick. He was probably bullied as a child.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

RPM WS6, I totally agree with you on all points. If I were in your shoes when the rude officer told you to turn off your fog lights, I would have refused as well. I am very respectful of police, and I am a law abiding citizen. Having said that though, I am not going to easily agree with a rude dictator cop who is ordering me to comply with some completely stupid and ridiculous local law (ie. fog lights are illegal).
Old 05-19-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

he was just wanting to scope out the ride. Ive been pulled over for BS I know I didn't do just so the cops could see who was driving. Don't worry, nothing more than that. Oh yeah, RPM, I know what you mean about the checkpoints. I'm driving my friends truck home...he's got tint (illegal in IL, I have it too but thats not the point) and he has his CDL so he can't drive with any alcohol in his system. We roll through a checkpoint and the cop writes me a ticket for tint, even though its not even my truck and the owner is sitting right next to me. He even said, look dude, its my truck, cop still gave me the ticket for the tinted windows...dumb as hell.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea I got hit by an undercover pig in a dark green Monte Carlo traffic was heavy I was actually behind him he started whiping threw slow traffic and I followed the leader just to have him drop behind me as soon as we hit open road and pull me over for careless driving
******* bullshit
Old 05-19-2007, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joker # 9
So, you were driving at night with only your fog lights on?
no man, you cant even get the fog lights to work without the other lights being on
and I dont know about your car but at night mine automaticly come on
fog lights are the option not head lights hahaha
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Veteran

wow....ive never heard that before, that's bullshit
Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
yea I got hit by an undercover pig in a dark green Monte Carlo traffic was heavy I was actually behind him he started whiping threw slow traffic and I followed the leader just to have him drop behind me as soon as we hit open road and pull me over for careless driving
******* bullshit
thats called entrapment. you can get that thrown out.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swang
thats called entrapment. you can get that thrown out.
its was a warning
When I was 17 I got a cop fired for police brutality (by the way cops cant touch you unless you're going to jail or you're gonna hurt someone or your self, REMEBER THAT) and ever since as soon as my ****** plates get run the lights go blue and red
they all bleed blue huh?
haha I still just smile cause they never get me on anything and I got one of there brothers fired
Old 05-19-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no man, you cant even get the fog lights to work without the other lights being on
and I dont know about your car but at night mine automaticly come on
fog lights are the option not head lights hahaha
you can on TA's...at least on mine...turn the switch halfway and turn the fogs on
Old 05-19-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

really?????? thats crazy as hell
ha I stand corrected
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

really?????? thats crazy as hell
ha I stand corrected
probably something to do with the popup headlights..no telling
Old 05-19-2007, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

huh? you figure with safety regulations that **** would nt be a choice
Old 05-19-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

the fog lights will only go on if the parking lights are are, or the head lights. there are a lot of bullshit law out there and this is on of them. guess the cops have nothing better to do.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha didnt team t.a from bullrun get pulled over for brights on the highway?
Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

The Camaros have auto headlights, the Trans Ams do not. But you can still get the fog lights on during the daylight in a Camaro without the headlights by just turning the parking lights on first.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:10 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by Swang
he was just wanting to scope out the ride. Ive been pulled over for BS I know I didn't do just so the cops could see who was driving. Don't worry, nothing more than that. Oh yeah, RPM, I know what you mean about the checkpoints. I'm driving my friends truck home...he's got tint (illegal in IL, I have it too but thats not the point) and he has his CDL so he can't drive with any alcohol in his system. We roll through a checkpoint and the cop writes me a ticket for tint, even though its not even my truck and the owner is sitting right next to me. He even said, look dude, its my truck, cop still gave me the ticket for the tinted windows...dumb as hell.
Yeah, I have a real problem with those check points. I mean, it's great that they want to get drunks off the road, but at what cost? Pulling people over who are doing nothing wrong just to check their ID, insurance, and see if *maybe* they've been drinking? Sounds like a dictatorship to me. I am 100% opposed to this pratice.

That's why they look for any little thing that they can to pull you into one of those check points, like the fog lights. Then they can say that at least they had a reason to pull you in, but come on.... fog lights!? And furthermore, I've been pulled into one of those when there was nothing wrong at all with the car I was driving, and they weren't able to give me any reason or warning, just asked for my papers and let me go.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Teching In

I too was stopped one night in ALtus, OK for having the fogs on. He asked me to "disconnect" them...I told him I'd turn them off. He went about his way and apologized for wasting my time. Strange...very strange. Must be an Okie thing...

Quick Reply: got pulled over for having my foglights on lol