General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got pulled over for having my foglights on lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a trooper pull me over for speeding in Bedford County while driving a Saturn and demanded to search my car.I told him to get a warrant and he replied "who is going to stop me ...you?" So he searched,for what I got no idea.And they say Virginia is for lovers....LOL
Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

I woulda filed a complaint about that trooper. They HAVE to have a warrant if you don't give them consent. Unless they would have like a drug sniffing dog or something picking up a scent or something like that and would have probable cause. I was always taught in law related classes to never give consent regardless of if you have something to hide. But clearly that doesn't always work if they're not going to follow the rules.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I Once Got Pulled Over For Doing 46 In A 45, And Got A Ticket. But It Was Dismissed In Court.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've been pulled over for not speeding b4... literally... i've had cops follow me into my friends driveway just to ask where i was going... ... i told him i was already here and he ran my liscense ne ways and then left.

but then again at the time i was getting into alot of trouble and my car was somewhat known...

but i remember hearing that in NYS its illlegal to have "any light produding from the front of the car" besides the headlights and turn signals... so that includes fog lights... but its not directly against fog lights. just like its illegal to have anything hanging from your rear view mirror... becuz it obstructs your view. my buddy gotta ticket for having his radar detector mounted on his front windshield.

i also am pretty sure that its illegal to back out of your driveway (not that its enforced...) and i think in some state if your walking down the street with more than like 6 people you have to have a parade permit... lmao.

i think i might start a thread in the lounge about redicilous laws...
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

In CA the driving lights such as the old Shelbys had were illegal, I don't know if its true anymore but it was back in the 60's.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Unhappy

LOTS of **** -LIKE cops lurking in the U.S.... ..FOGLIGHTS--
Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm I don't have a foglight story, as one of them burned out quite a while back and I haven't replaced it, hence no fog lights.

I did however get away with orange brake lights for over 2 years. CHP and central valley local cops never pulled me over for them, nor mentioned it when I got a fix it ticket for my windshield, which was bullshit.
I finally got pulled over by a local cop back here in FL, no ticket, just a reminder that they aren't red, hence inoperable brake lights. I went home and became unlazy and ran that extra wire to make my LS1 taillight conversion complete.
What was funny was at the time I got pulled over I was in a McDonalds parking lot, after the cops left some dude and his GF were laughing at me, they were sitting in a v6 Camaro. I fired my car up and revved it to 5800, I think the guy about **** his pants and the chick looked terrified. Bullet muffler for the win!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

i use my foglights whenever im using my headlights. it balances out the look.

i use my running lights at dusk/dawn. nothing.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Speed
I've been pulled over in Oklahoma for having my fogs on too, they say unless you can't see for like XX feet, it is illegal to have them on...They are just looking for an excuse to pull you over to see if you are drunk/act nervous
yeah well at night isn't visibility less than 300 ft? lol
Old 09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Launching!

50% of the cars i see have their fogs on, and i thought the law was no more than 4 forward facing lights?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

id love to have a set of landing lights on the car from a 757. **** id ask if thoes were too bright.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerScott
50% of the cars i see have their fogs on, and i thought the law was no more than 4 forward facing lights?
Really? Well T/A guys like me are screwed then. Don't we have like 8 forward facing lights or something?
Old 09-29-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Thats gay
Old 09-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Had this happen to me a month ago in a small town also. I had always kept them on along with the headlight switch so I wouldn't have to turn 2 separate switches on. Was on my way to work @ 6:30 in the morning, it was still a little dusk & even slightly foggy. Cop passes me & then flips a u-turn. Comes up behind me at the stop sign & never hits his lights. I turn & start goin & he turns behind me. Then hits his lights about 50ft down the next street.

I ask him what the problem is when he walks up. His reply was "I pulled you over for your foglights". To which I looked around to let him know I was wonderin why the hell it mattered & then I said "ok, but why? It's still dusk & slightly foggy." He then proceeds to tell me that since the sun is comin up I shouldn't be running them, LOL.

He goes back & run my stuff. Comes back & says I got 3 things wrong. I'm lookin around again like WTF now. My liscense was expired(my bad), current insurance I gave him had just expired but I had a new one at home I hadn't put in the car(again my bad) & lastly he proceeds to tell me my car doesn't exist. I can't help from bustin out laughin. I told him he must have ran something wrong & hand him my papers from just getting the car tagged in December.

He ended up letting me go with a firm "get your liscense fixed & your current ins. in the car." I was very suprised he didn't write me 3 tickets at least.
Mike, It is a state law here, to keep the D.A.'s around here from blinding oncoming traffic. I don't know what is defined as a legal time to use them, but i think we have lots of good police officers in Tulsa.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm
ahhh great I am most likely moving to OK City area here this fall too. Note to self... carry dip, Budwiser, and various things so I can blend in. but then again my Hawaii tags my stand me out. I may change them back to FL though after my Hawaii ones run out.
Ok. City cops aren't nearly as friendly as Tulsa. Be very careful not to get on the wrong side of them. Any out of state tag only has 90 days to get changed to an Ok. tag as you are considered a resident at 90 days.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know.... buddy of mine several years ago... we are in the car and he has the radio cranked!!!!!! No he doen't get pulled over but the cop pulls up next to us... motions for him to turn the radio down.(We thought that was the problem.) Nope, next the cop tells him, "You need to turn your FOG lights off. There isn't any fog tonight."

Against law... I don't know.... but my buddy, turnedd off the fog lights, thanked to cop and turned the radio back up.... somewhat

Pulled away from the cop and said, "a***ole" cop.

Btw, my buddy's Dad was also cop... said he had never heard of any such

Last edited by wabmorgan; 10-01-2007 at 04:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't know if someone responded with the correct answer, I wasn't going to read all 6 pages.

There actually is a law supposedly, (can't have fog lights on in the business district). I've had this happen to me several times in small towns. Basically, he wanted to check out the person who he didn't know, that was driving around in his small town and it's his excuse for doing it.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

u gotta love the lonley nights of being a cop the will mess with u so bad

Quick Reply: got pulled over for having my foglights on lol