General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Coolest Cop I've Met

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99HorseSlayer
what is the point of you being in this thread
you just like starting ****
man grow up
Lol, not at all, i just feel the need to voice my opinion when people like you say you like to break the law...
Old 05-25-2007, 02:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to much B/S in here.....

other cops do give cops tickets...i dont know who YOU work for but whatever.....

every little 17 year old is going to get pissed and call every cop a dick and i dont give a damn....

ANY PERSON that speeds has no right to bitch about any ticket....DRIVINGS NOT A GIVIN....

9/10 times im not going to care about the douche on the bike, hes not going to hurt someone in a car 99% of the time...and i can pick his scrabbled eggs up later on....however if i get behind him at a light and get the tag.....felony evasion plain and simple...wont EVER have that bike back again...

i dealt with to many chumps who had attitudes and thought they did nothing wrong....ESP. teenagers...I HATE ******* TEENAGERS....no reason you should be out in your daddies car at 4am ******* around....and then give me a hard time when i pulled you over doing 50 in a 35....press hard 5 copies...

and to all the douchebags who think cops should be "out stopping real crime"...ill take a 50% hike in your taxes to cover what we dont write in tickets...hmm...also, at least here in florida....more people are killed in car acidents then gunshots, stabbings, or murder in general combined....yeaaaaaaaaaaa maybe i shouldnt be out finding DUI's and street racing little kids....

until YOU'VE carried a 7 year old out of a t-boned car with his face split down the middle and you saw his last breath (all bc his dads dui)....STFU and take your ticket

blowing some steam off in threads is fine, but it gets real old real fast to see people flame cops over and over again, get off yourself and try it....its like people who dont read stickies and BITCH....

done with the rant now....carry on
Old 05-25-2007, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

ive only gotten one ticket for speeding, when i was 19 *im 21 now*,

i have gotten tickets for:

License plate lamp bulb being out *didnt know*
exhibition of speed, churped tires accidently in water *ticket said 20 in a 35*
some other lame ticket i dont remember
and another lame ticket i dont remember....i think not signaling in a right turn only lane...

if you ask me, some of those tickets shouldnt have been written, a simple warning to get things fixed or not do it again would suffice.

on a side note..dont even know how he knew the bulb for the license plate was out, my friends and i went like 200 feet behind my car and could visably see the letters/numbers on my plate on a high way, public street, and with the lights off in the car behind me and my own. dick...hes just jealous my car would have beaten his

i do support all the cops though
Old 05-25-2007, 09:13 AM
FormerVendor

Default umm

Originally Posted by staringback05
make that 2% im not such a bad guy
LIES!!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 AM
FormerVendor

why is it we only run into the ********* all the time then?
i've met a few good ones but ten fold **** heads for sure
usually the guys who got punked on in school by guys like us
so they're tryin to get back at the kids they were jealous of
Im gonna go out on a limb, and say that maybe its not the cop who is teh ********...

do stupid crap on the streets and get cops attention, thats yrou fault not the cops

Last edited by Eurospec2; 05-25-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Im gonna go out on a limb, and say that maybe its not the cop who is teh ********...

do stupid crap on the streets and get cops attention, thats yrou fault not the cops
I"m gonna go on a limb and say you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
I appreciate good cops for what they do.And maybe thats just it.Maybe the good cops like StaringBack and Litle8 we never run into because they are good cops and they're not just out abusing their athority and harassing good people.Its the cop just assuming you're up to no good or you've been out hot rodding just cause he feels like ******* with you that I cant stand.And maybe that why we all have such bad expierences with cops cause all we normally get are the ******** who **** with us in the first place.The good cops are the ones doing their jobs and passing you by looking for a real criminal.
Any time I break the law speeding or racing I assume all risks with that including being pulled over.I have no problem with that.I just dont like being pulled over when I"m breaking no laws and the cop says "oh you're exhaust is too loud" just so he can search my car.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ im not going to jump your case....but there are several things in your post that are easily countered....

316.272....might want to read it on exhaust and how he has every right to pull you over on it.....common misbelief in florida is that we dont have exhaust laws...

traffic acidents cause more deaths here in florida then all "real crime" combined....

and rick....i luv ya....nice sig by the way....
Old 05-25-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I"m gonna go on a limb and say you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
I appreciate good cops for what they do.And maybe thats just it.Maybe the good cops like StaringBack and Litle8 we never run into because they are good cops and they're not just out abusing their athority and harassing good people.Its the cop just assuming you're up to no good or you've been out hot rodding just cause he feels like ******* with you that I cant stand.And maybe that why we all have such bad expierences with cops cause all we normally get are the ******** who **** with us in the first place.The good cops are the ones doing their jobs and passing you by looking for a real criminal.
Any time I break the law speeding or racing I assume all risks with that including being pulled over.I have no problem with that.I just dont like being pulled over when I"m breaking no laws and the cop says "oh you're exhaust is too loud" just so he can search my car.

AGREED!!!

I rarely, very rarely if ever do I do any racing on the streets, going to the drags is so much more fun and to me a bigger adrenoline rush knowing I can go all out without worrying about cops or worse little old ladies pulling out in front of you or hitting the brakes infront of you.

What pisses me off is like the other day just turning out onto a main road. My light was just turning yellow and I turned and jumped on it never going over the limit, not spinning tires, just getting up to speed like our cars can do. A cop sitting at the light comes screaming up on my butt, following me into the dunkin donuts ( and yes I was trying to distract him with donuts, jedi mind trick, those aren't the driods your looking for, move along ). He stayed behind me and proceeded to follow me until I pulled into get some gas and left. Considering I KNOW I have no wants or warrents, and haven't had a ticket ever in GA, and last one was when I was 21(19 years ago :'( ) I wasn't worried. I have a killer radar detector, and most he could get me for was display of speed or reckless driving for which I would have fought forever and appealed if I lost.

Figure the worse case is that I use up the time for a judge, bailiff, recorder and all the people required for a court so many times that the little $100 or more ticket would have cost the city 10 times that in man hours.

Sorry but in cities in and around Atlanta where the courthouse is CIRCLED in people with speeding tickets violations, and before seeing the judge when your called the asst DA or DA "will lower the fine to a county ordinance violation, and you wont get any points and insurance wont go up if you just pay us XXX now before going infront of the judge" THAT's BS and outright THEFT and CORRUPTION!!! Hell why not just sit outside with a ball bat and say just give us your wallet or were gonna whack you in the kneecaps. ( wife got a bs ticket and we proved she was not wrong )
Old 05-26-2007, 04:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

see but thats the thing....WRONG or NOT...everyone things their NOT....everyone has been screwed, everyone thinks the world is out for them....

police officers make mistakes just like everyone else and thats why we have the system we do, and when we right tickets we explain that you can take it court if you feel were wrong...

but if the kid at burger king screws up my order i dont bitch and moan and threaten him....just deal with it or not
Old 05-26-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

Police officers are people just you. The only difference is our job requires us to sometimes make people upset by enforcing the law which sometimes means writing tickets or arresting people. You can't judge somebody by how they act on a traffic stop. I'm sure you all have seen the video clips of the types of things that can go wrong on a traffic stop. This line of work is dangerous and officers must always be on guard. Just remember, they are trying to do a job and the next time when you are being robbed or beaten up the same officer could be there to save your life.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

in my area, if u got even close to a cop..WOW were u in for a big shock. cars surrounding u and guns pointed ur way and all for what? because he let you go for speeding and u wanted to shake his hand ?
Old 05-26-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-03-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing that helps is if you don't bull **** with them b/c I think they've heard about every excuse in the book. If your street-racing that's a different story,Newark DE can impound your car I think after your caught more than once. But if you treat a cop with respect and talk to em like a person. You'll be surprised with the outcome. Hell, I got pulled over 25-30 times in the span of 4 months by New Jersey State. Saw some of the same cops multiple times and not a ticket and only one warning. But then again I wasn't driving like an absolute retard, just speeding 10 over.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

I have read most of the threads and first off I want to thank the people that appreciate what we do. I had a lady walk up to me yesterday and thank me for what we do and how dangerous it is.

Second, there are always people that are going to bash cops. Why? There's a lot of reasons. Some people are just pieces of sh@#. Face it, some people just are, period. Other people have had bad experiences with cops. There's guys that I work with that I wouldn't want helping my family in a time of need. It's like everything else, there are good ones and bad ones. And some of it is just jealousy.

Not to many people understand what its like to live in a community that you have to police. Just like its tough for sgts and lt's to police the police. We get in trouble too, we get suspended, time off etc.

The fact is most people can't do what we do. In the same respect, my fiance is a paramedic and lord knows I couldn't do what she does. It takes a special person to be in this profession. Are we better than other people? No. But we are different. Everyone is so quick to judge what we do and how we act. But you know what? We are human too, and I would bet a months worth of pay that all of these people that bitch and complain about us would do the same things and make the same mistakes we do. Why? Cause they are human too.

It's so easy to sit back and bitch when you really have no idea what its like. Everyone says we are dicks. Some of us are. There are dicks that work at Walmart, there are dicks that are doctors, there are dicks that work construction, etc. But it's easy to single us out because we wear a uniform and drive a car with lights on it. I apologize for the guys that are truely dicks. I have to work with them.

We are the last people you want to see when you are speeding down the road, but we better be there in two minutes when someone is breaking into your house in the middle of the night.

Yesterday afternoon I was standing in the middle of an intersection where a mom and her two kids got ran over by a truck. Mom's dead...one of the kids will more than likely die today. There was a 3 year old drowned two weeks ago.

You think you can handle it? Tell me, after you work all day in your office or front of your computer. Do you go home with that? No. People bitch about us but society couldn't function without us.

I am not asking to be put on a pedistal(sp?) It's part of the job, I knew it when I signed up. If I didn't love it I wouldn't do it.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

I have never given a cop hell during a ticket. Just Took it and went about my business, because every time I WAS speeding, and I know it's the law you cannot speed, and they have a job to do.

The other day I was coming home around 2AM, probably doing around 55ish-60 in a 40 on a 2-lane road. I see a car parked up ahead on the left with just parking lights, and I didn't immediately just slam my brakes and be obvious, I gradually braked, and by the time I was in front of him I was still doing high 40s-50ish. He shined a beam and some blue pod light on me, pulls out and stays on my *** for a few miles. He keeps shining his beam and some small blue light on me (what is that by the way).. I'm doing 40-45 the whole way, and he turns off onto a road and turns around. He could have easily pulled me over because I know i was doing well over the speed limit.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
It's so easy to sit back and bitch when you really have no idea what its like. Everyone says we are dicks. Some of us are. There are dicks that work at Walmart, there are dicks that are doctors, there are dicks that work construction, etc. But it's easy to single us out because we wear a uniform and drive a car with lights on it. I apologize for the guys that are truely dicks. I have to work with them.

If I see a cop with a GOOD hiding place to catch speeders, as I drive by I laugh and think, "wow I give him credit for finding a good spot " If I'm out doing something wrong, and I know I'm wrong, I don't care. I got a warning for a front plate... a lot of my friends said it's bullshit just keep the plate off. But with dumped duals, no cats, and tinted windows... I'll put the plate on so that I give the police one LESS reason to pull me over. I really dont race much, don't make a habit of speeding. I just like to be able to go out and enjoy my car without getting hassled for something stupid. If a cop is going to pull me over for one of the aforementioned reasons and NOT speeding, well, it's what I got myself into putting the parts on the car. I'll pay the ticket and move on with life, pay to play... my sister and mother complain about the police hassling them for stupid ****, and I argue with them till the cows come home that maybe, just maybe, this area we live in has a little less crime than a city, and they have more time/attention to catch traffic violations. They think I'm wrong, I believe I'm somewhat right, so whatever. Most of the cops in my town are pretty cool, notwithstanding a few are only a year or so older and my brother in law went to school with a few... They show up at places where people hang out with cars, car shows, etc. I've found from being pulled over more than a few times and dealing with cops that if you show a cop respect and not give him a reason to think you're up to far worse activities, you'll at least get some/most of that respect back. My $.02 from someone who's opinion probably DOESNT matter, but that's the beauty of the internet

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I have never given a cop hell during a ticket. Just Took it and went about my business, because every time I WAS speeding, and I know it's the law you cannot speed, and they have a job to do.

-J
Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

I was coming home from work one night and saw a cop nail it out of a light trying to avoid getting red on the stale green on the next light. Sure enough, cop gets up to about 80 in this 35, still gets a red light, flashes his lights and speeds through it, then turns them off.

Blatant abuse of power like that that I see all the time around here has me convinced 99% of cops are ********. No point to laws if EVERYONE, including those that enforce them, isn't subject to them. We might street race, but running a red light is FAR more dangerous.

Also, 'round here, you never get pulled over by one cop. It's always, ALWAYS two. Apparently don't have anything better to be doing, I guess.

Edit: I'm right 'round atlanta, same as Kick_*ss is, and he's right. It happens all the time here, they're corrupt as hell.

I respect cops for what they do, but as in ANYTHING else in life, a few ******** ruin it for the rest of us.

Last edited by IFRYRCE; 06-08-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

How is it that you know he wasn't responding to a call? Or trying to catch up to a car? I dare say you have no idea what he was doing or where he was going! Not all calls require you to go lights and siren but there are some that you may want to get to quickly that aren't necessarily an "emergency" call. He didn't run a red light, he put his lights on so people would stop and then went through the intersection which is one of the reasons patrol cars have lights. As for 2 cops stopping people, it's an officer safety issue and lots of places do it. People who don't know what they are talking about should keep their mouth shut.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by waldershrek
How is it that you know he wasn't responding to a call? Or trying to catch up to a car? I dare say you have no idea what he was doing or where he was going! Not all calls require you to go lights and siren but there are some that you may want to get to quickly that aren't necessarily an "emergency" call. He didn't run a red light, he put his lights on so people would stop and then went through the intersection which is one of the reasons patrol cars have lights. As for 2 cops stopping people, it's an officer safety issue and lots of places do it. People who don't know what they are talking about should keep their mouth shut.
Were you there? Make up all the excuses you want. I said that he flashed them TO GET THROUGH THE INTERSECTION, then turned them off. I saw him stopped a few lights up in trafffic. Some call, important enough to go through a red but not enough to light through traffic, eh? He was just abusing his power.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by waldershrek
Not all calls require you to go lights and siren but there are some that you may want to get to quickly that aren't necessarily an "emergency" call. He didn't run a red light, he put his lights on so people would stop and then went through the intersection which is one of the reasons patrol cars have lights.
Ok apparantly you're not able to understand this. And he probably got cancelled after he was enroute which happens all the time. And lets assume for a second that he just didn't want to wait at the light.....well thats one of the perks of the job I guess. Assuming you could even even pass the written test, the agility test, the interviews, background investigation, credit check, polygraph, medical screening and some more interviews then you could do it too!